HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2006, 09:38 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Feb 2006
34 Posts
Discussion
RC Bike Tracks in Houston

Any tracks in Houston,Tx? I know of 2 onroad tracks, but they only run cars.
st9538 is offline Find More Posts by st9538
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2006, 09:09 AM
Joined Sep 2005
255 Posts
Nope. I don't think there are that many bike drivers in Texas yet.
staltus is offline Find More Posts by staltus
Old Feb 07, 2006, 12:32 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by st9538
Any tracks in Houston,Tx? I know of 2 onroad tracks, but they only run cars.
Every time I've taken my bikes to a track, they have always been very receptive. Try taking your bike out to those 2 tracks during a practice day, and I bet you will generate some enthusiasm. Remember, people for the most part don't even know these bikes exist. And even if the do, they don't realize how well they can perform.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Feb 07, 2006, 01:12 PM
Joined Sep 2005
255 Posts
M&M is too small to run on even for my 1/8th bike. I haven't been to Mike's but it supposedly is designed for 1/8th cars, so it might have enough room for a 1/5th bike if you are careful. I may swing by there on my way to North Houston Speedway some time and check it out. I live about 1.5 hours north of Houston, and drive down to run 1/4th oval cars a couple times a month. Once I get better with my 1/5th bikes I am going to see if I can get them to handle ok on the banked oval. The banking there was a bit much for the 1/8th to deal with.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 01:15 PM
Joined Sep 2005
255 Posts
I stopped by Mike's Saturday. Looks like it will work, the hairpins you will have to take pretty slow, but it should be fun. Talked with the owner who apparenly owned a NF with all the CNR goodies a while back, before he built the track. He said anytime I want to show up he will make sure I have an empty track to practice on. If it hadn't been raining I would have tried out my electric, but it was pretty wet.

I have to head down there sometime this week to pick up my new mill, so I may hit it up again with bike in hand to try a few runs.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 01:30 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Feb 2006
34 Posts
Where is Mikes? I would like try out the track with the ttn.

Steve
Old Feb 20, 2006, 02:35 PM
Joined Sep 2005
255 Posts
http://www.mikes-hobbyshop.com

it is off 59 just south of New Caney (2 exits south fo the K&M exit if you have been there)

Also Steve
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:31 PM
Joined Sep 2005
255 Posts
BTW you said you knew of 2 on-road tracks, the two I know of are M&M and Mikes, what was the second one you knew about.

BTW North Houston Speedway is a banked asphalt oval, gonna try my bike out there after the work session next weekend.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:46 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Feb 2006
34 Posts
There was one at Clear Lake Hobby Shop but it has been closed down. I will check to see if there is anything South of here (Pearland, Alvin, Galveston)
Old Feb 20, 2006, 09:07 PM
Joined Sep 2005
255 Posts
Ahh yeah good old Issaac, Meir's brother.... never really understood either of those two. That track has been closed a while, nearly as long as Reflex has been. Mike's is a real nice track, kinda hidden a bit, but the surface looked pretty good and the pit area was nice. M&M... might be ok for running a 1/18th car, but it is always real dusty and somewhat gravelly. They use the on-road track area for parking on off-road race days. Well that and pit space.

I live about 2 hours north of Houston, so south side tracks are a long haul for me. Not that I wouldn't drive a bit farther if the track was really nice and the owners were bike friendly. heck I used to drive to Area 51 in Santa Fe when I ran offroad, that is about 30 minutes south of the old Pearland offroad track.
Old Jan 03, 2008, 07:26 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2008
110 Posts
Hi folks,
I am new in houston, I have run my bikes a lot of times in Mikes track. That track is not too fast but is fun. If you all like we could meet to run the bikes there or in some other paking lot. Please let me know if you all like the idea. I have a NF nitro and TTE with brushless system.
Regards
japtj2000 is online now Find More Posts by japtj2000