Closed Thread
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:11 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Of course you should follow the recommendations by the battery manufacturer or supplier, but you should also tell the full story:

To avoid capacity over-discharge, we recommend the setting of an appropriate cut-off voltage (LVC) AND the use of a transmitter flight timer. For LVC, the appropriate voltage cut-off depends in large on how high the max and average discharge rates are. For very high discharge applications, like F5B competition, something around 3.2V (or even lower) may be desirable. For standard aerobatic flight, start at 3.4V to 3.5V/cell, and set your timer to 4 minutes initially. Then note the capacity charged back IN to the pack on next charge. If the pack is 1000mAh, for example, there should be no more than 800mAh charged back in, meaning that 200mAh remained at the end of the flight (20% of capacity). If the charged IN capacity is less than 800mAh, set the timer a little longer, and check again the next flight. Of course, having the Hyperion Emeter II Remote Data Logger (RDU) makes this even easier, as you can more accurately log the exact mAh Out used each flight and make quick adjustments...

You will also find different recommendations from other manufacturers/suppliers like Kokam or ThunderPower.

Jürgen
It seems that you have contradicted yourself yet again, or have you changed your tune ??????

You are now advocating a flight timer and higher LVCO values ????????????????/ Go figure ???

Quote:
Well, it is commonly accepted that 3V/cell won't cause damage to a LiPo.
LVCO set for 3V/cell works fine.
Jürgen
Quote:
Even my first Kokam Lipos about 10 years ago were 3V/cell.

You don't need a timer, as the timer can't monitor actual battery usage. As mentioned before, you can monitor used capacity via telemetry and/or you can monitor individual cell voltages.

Jürgen
3 clear posts by you that "tell the full story" to us all.......................YOU are inconsistant, arrogant, WRONG, and mostly condescending even when faced with crystal clear proof (as you have asked)
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:20 PM
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
200 Posts
This thread isnt fun anymore.

Guess that is what happens when you bring different cultures and countries together. Even across the wire.

In my experience, German people come across as arrogant and rude. American people come across as loud and opinionated. Its not such a bad thing in their own countries but it aint good to mix them.

I am not trying to piss anyone off here. Just looking at whats going on from a birds eye view.
Fubar69 is offline Find More Posts by Fubar69
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:21 PM
Suspended Account
NY, USA
Joined Jun 2010
78 Posts
moparmyway: you clearly don't like Jurgen, why are you continuing to add fuel to the fire? You already know how he'll respond. Your questions are 100% rhetorical.

Fubar69: agree with you 100%. Germans produce some of the finest materials and products in the world, some of the top engineers and scientists came out of Germany (Einstein and von Braun), they are anal and nitpicky. We Americans have good work ethic, and you're right, we're often loud-mouthed and opinionated. I've been to Australia quite a few times, and have no negative opinions of Aussies, a great upbeat bunch IMO, at least the ones I know and have met over the years. Awesome surfing in Burleigh Heads, and you live on the Gold Coast. Jealous.
Cyclonic is offline Find More Posts by Cyclonic
Last edited by Cyclonic; Sep 08, 2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:21 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
If I was confident and manly, I would meander around in all of those hot, sweaty, Heli threads.
OMG! That is hilarious!
cjbucher is online now Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:32 PM
Suspended Account
NY, USA
Joined Jun 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post
OMG! That is hilarious!
As is johnny's hand launching technique, shown in a video he posted. Surprised he still has both of his hands.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:58 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclonic View Post
moparmyway: you clearly don't like Jurgen, why are you continuing to add fuel to the fire?
Answer;

Quote:
I dare you, to find a post of mine where I said anything wrong or given bad advice in this forum. Jürgen
Why do you add your own fuel to the fire ?
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Sep 08, 2010, 09:06 PM
Suspended Account
NY, USA
Joined Jun 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Answer;

Why do you add your own fuel to the fire ?
Be the man and drop the argument, enticing him to respond is going to perpetuate the whole deal. Of course you're gonna find an incorrect post, he has more than 14,000 to sort through. I'm betting at least a few hundred (maybe over a thousand) are in this thread alone.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 09:15 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,733 Posts
Nova,

Welcome back.

Your awesome motor is capable of great power.

Have fun.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Closed Thread