HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 01, 2006, 09:57 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Z
I think you should decorate the plane a bit. It is rather bland in plain white. Even something simple would spice it up quite a bit. They way you talk (about the stock power system) I wonder if you are not allowed to?
What is the word as to when it will go into production in Europe?
Heck, I might get a Twin Jet too, since I have suitable batteries and a speed control left over from the TwinStar II... I just won't bother upgrading it to brushless.

I just haven't decided on a design yet. I don't like the Multiplex flame design.

AFAIK production is in full flow and the model should be hitting the shops this month.

Now you must be joking, as you can't get true vertical perfomance on brushed power, BL-Power is considered mandatory for the TJ.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2006, 10:09 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Z
I like that your videographer doesn't get too carried away with the zoom, so that he loses the plane. Can I give a bit of constructive criticism? Talk with him a bit before shooting the video. Tell him you're going to fly a couple of oval, predictable laps and that he can get in close. Give him a sign when you're going to do all your directional changes, then he can zoom back.
If I would not have talked to the cameraman, and flown extra smooth, you would most likely not seen much of the model in this video.

We also were a bit in a hurry as it already started to rain during the video.

You can fly the FunJET a lot harder - believe me.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2006, 10:16 AM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,489 Posts
That was an excellent vid.i want one of those now.i am currently flying my microjet(lite setup)11oz.

i love the MJ but the FJ looks even cooler.
nice job Jurgen,i'll definately try to get one of these jets.
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old May 02, 2006, 02:08 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,053 Posts
Hi,

As big PicoJet fan I am awaiting this new FunJet :-)

Setup will be Mega 16/15/4 with 5.5x5.5 Graupner Camspeed, 25amp Castle Creations Phoenix-25 ESC and 2100 3s LiPoly (TP or PolyQuest).
Hopefully it arrives soon...
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old May 02, 2006, 09:15 AM
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Sep 2003
1,134 Posts
How much are they asking for shipping to the states?

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPFD-E-FLYER
I ordered mine from

Punctilio Model Spot Ltd.
http://www.modelspot.com/mpx/funjet.htm

They are taking pre-orders now.

Larry
jonnyjetprop is offline Find More Posts by jonnyjetprop
Old May 02, 2006, 11:38 AM
Norway
Joined May 2004
255 Posts
Well.
I got brushless power for my FunJet now, but installed it in the Pico Jet while waiting for the FJ.
I bought a Mega 16/15/4 and a Jeti 30A controller (that's all i know about the ESC ). The Pico Jet is quite insane now, but i want the FunJet to be even more awesome, so i have decided to maybe buy a JustGoFly 450TH (3000rpm/V).
I think this motor outperform the Mega a little bit (know that some people has the Twin Jet flying on one of these motors!).
Any thoughts for prop with this motor? Would like to have thrust/weight at more than 1, and would like high (!!!) speed to..
Twin-Jet-Crash is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Jet-Crash
Old May 02, 2006, 02:16 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Jet-Crash
Well.
The Pico Jet is quite insane now, but i want the FunJet to be even more awesome, so i have decided to maybe buy a JustGoFly 450TH (3000rpm/V).
I think this motor outperform the Mega a little bit (know that some people has the Twin Jet flying on one of these motors!).
I don't think the 450TH will give you more power than the MEGA.

If you want power, get yourself a decent motor like a Hacker or a Kontronik.

I intend to put a Kontronik FUN400-28 on a 3s1p Hacker EVO 20C 2100mAh in mine.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2006, 09:23 PM
Hold my beer and watch this!
Northern IL
Joined Oct 2005
2,380 Posts
I agree with Jürgen. Even if they draw the same amount of power and have the same kv, I doubt that the justgofly motor will be in the same league as a high quality inrunner. (Mega, Hacker, Kontronik, etc.) They are not as efficient.

For brushless power on the cheap, it may be the way to go, but let's not convince ourselves that apples=oranges.

I've got an "Aurora" 400T (which is the same as the JustGoFly 400T) and I've also got a RCers Warp 4 inrunner. They are not in the same league, and the RCers isn't even considered as being in the same class as a Hacker.

My opinion: They're miles better than brushed, but not quite playing with the big boys yet.
Jeremy Z is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Z
Old May 02, 2006, 09:34 PM
Rochester, NY
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,880 Posts
Guys comparing a 400T to a 450TH is comparing a 120 Watt motor to a 320 Watt motor. Certainly not the same league and misleading.

I get reports all the time that the 450TH blows the doors off the Mega 16/15/3 and is an ounce lighter. Whole fields of Mega flyers have converted to JustGoFly 450TH after seeing it in one of their buddies Jets. If you are saying otherwise without having tried the 450TH then you are doing us a serious injustice.

Some other facts:
JustGoFly 450TH can run 3000 and 1700 Kv - two motors in one.
JustGoFly 450TH can run 2.3mm geared, 3mm tractor - pylon racer, 3mm pusher for Jets and wings - all available with a bell change. It is also available in 3.17mm for helicopters.

The 450TH is not as high speed as some other motors, limited to about 120 mph top end, and I will not claim it is better than a motor twice it's cost, but it is best in class at it's price and better than many other more expensive motors.

Vinnie
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Old May 02, 2006, 10:03 PM
Hold my beer and watch this!
Northern IL
Joined Oct 2005
2,380 Posts
Vinnie,

That was exactly my point. Your motors are good for the money. Hacker motors are just plain good.

I'd be curious to see a head-to-head efficiency battle between the two. I would expect that Hacker would win, but maybe not by enough to justify the expense for many of us.

I was comparing the 400T to the 450TH quality-wise, not power-wise.
Jeremy Z is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Z
Last edited by Jeremy Z; May 02, 2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old May 02, 2006, 11:32 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop
How much are they asking for shipping to the states?

John
You may ask for an offer from www.hoellein.com as well.

Here is a happy customer:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=465

Otherwise you just need to wait until MPX USA imports the kit.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2006, 11:49 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
The biggest problem in a high power application is heat. It is not easy to get rid of the heat of a motor running at 300W in a pusher application. The better the efficiency, the less unwanted heat is created.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2006, 12:48 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
I haven't picked up one of the "jet's" yet, may h ave to give the FunJet a chance.
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old May 03, 2006, 04:57 PM
Norway
Joined May 2004
255 Posts
Hmm, not sure about the JGF motor, but I'm going to test it..

I'm buying a 450TH for my Trex anyways, and when i get the motor, i see no reason to not try it in the FunJet, and compare it to the Mega.

Kontronik (Hacker to) is a little expensive for me, even though they are probably the best of the best for these applications.
Say, if i decided to make the FunJet really scary to fly (and if i win in the lottery ), how will a FUN480 work in this plane?

Remember jcosta mention the FUN480 ripping a Pico Jet apart in the air due to much power, could that work for the FJ?
Twin-Jet-Crash is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Jet-Crash
Old May 03, 2006, 05:15 PM
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Sep 2003
1,134 Posts
Otherwise you just need to wait until MPX USA imports the kit.

Jürgen[/QUOTE]

That is if they import the kit

John
jonnyjetprop is offline Find More Posts by jonnyjetprop
Closed Thread