SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Dec 16, 2008, 01:47 PM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlad
LOL well I never said it didn't work I just think it looks funny!
I didn't mean to say that too..... There are lots of newcommers to this thread and I'm sure it will be of help to them.

Happy flying !!!
numb_thumb is offline Find More Posts by numb_thumb
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2008, 05:36 PM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballfever

i don't even know what i'm sayin' i never did finish that physics class.
I'm a software guy and don't like physics either

But I know this for sure...It works for me everytime and my Funjet is close to 45 oz AUW .

Again, I'm not arguing this is the only way to throw.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:23 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Feb 2008
1,969 Posts
I've seen vids of people bunjee launching FJ's..
Wingwrecker is offline Find More Posts by Wingwrecker
Old Dec 17, 2008, 03:11 AM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
3,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingwrecker
I've seen vids of people bunjee launching FJ's..
I guess if you're carrying a washing machine motor and a car battery for that extra 1 MPH it will need all the help it can get!
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Dec 17, 2008, 04:31 AM
Xtreme Nut
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined Oct 2005
2,046 Posts
I used to bungee mine because at times no one dares to launch a pusher, if my buddy is not around then its bungee launch. Actually, there is no need to bungee the FJ even on a 4S set up ... just a good hard level toss ...
tIANcI is offline Find More Posts by tIANcI
Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:21 PM
CERTIFIED LIPO PUFFER
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jan 2008
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numb_thumb
I'm a software guy and don't like physics either

But I know this for sure...It works for me everytime and my Funjet is close to 45 oz AUW .

Again, I'm not arguing this is the only way to throw.

oooohhhh, so your fj weighs 45 oz all up.... i thought you don't weigh your planes (hint: your fj on steroids thread towards the end).. i also thought maybe your fj's auw is classified top secret info or something cuz i know you must own a scale,,, and i'm sure you wouldn't be too shy to use it...

Are we still talking about running launches??? i've seen quite a few of your videos and you never do running launches (i think)

I don't know,, i just feel like picking on Mr. Thumb today.... cuz i haven't seen Mr. Weda around ... Keep up the great work on all this fj stuff... we all admire your work, including myself of course.
8ballfever is offline Find More Posts by 8ballfever
Old Dec 17, 2008, 01:29 PM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,162 Posts
I really don't weight my planes. And no, the only scale I have in house is a big one the bathroom that I never use .

But I can't say no to people who grab the plane from me when I walk towards the launch area, and they go guessing, 40 oz, 45 oz 50 oz....So I took the the middle ground and mentioned its around 45 oz.

If anyone is really interested to know the weight of my planes, I would be glad to weight them and post it. Its no top secret .

BTW, I' glad to know about one or two people who really read my blog . I should be careful in what I say .

Happy flying !!!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:02 PM
Joined Nov 2004
78 Posts
Funjet build

Hey Folks,

Just ordered a funjet today. Need guidance on motor, esc, prop., etc.

Already use 3S 3300 25C batteries on a wing warrior eraider. So I would like to use those same batteries for funjet.
If so, would you recommend something like (a) mega 3 turn with (b) something like a 6x4 prop and (c) castle 35Amp ESC.

Will the plane need any beefing up with this type of a setup or can it be used as foam straight out of the box.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Have a Good Day!

Eagle_Wings
Eagle_Wings is offline Find More Posts by Eagle_Wings
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:19 PM
What smoke?
SoCal
Joined Feb 2008
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_Wings
Hey Folks,

Just ordered a funjet today. Need guidance on motor, esc, prop., etc.

Already use 3S 3300 25C batteries on a wing warrior eraider. So I would like to use those same batteries for funjet.
If so, would you recommend something like (a) mega 3 turn with (b) something like a 6x4 prop and (c) castle 35Amp ESC.

Will the plane need any beefing up with this type of a setup or can it be used as foam straight out of the box.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Have a Good Day!

Eagle_Wings
I use a Medusa motor at 980 watts with a 5.7x3 prop TP 4cell 2600mah battery and 60amp esc. Pushing around 120 to 130mph using the kit as it came from the box.

Lostlad
Lostlad is offline Find More Posts by Lostlad
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:41 PM
Fast, faster & fast again
North Hollywood, CA
Joined Jul 2007
1,210 Posts
Unfortunately Sp8ball has been on my ignant list and I'm not going to take him off to read irrelevant information. Thanks for the heads up though.
jimweda is offline Find More Posts by jimweda
Old Dec 17, 2008, 03:06 PM
CERTIFIED LIPO PUFFER
Joined Jan 2008
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimweda
Unfortunately Sp8ball has been on my ignant list and I'm not going to take him off to read irrelevant information. Thanks for the heads up though.
i have a feeling you're talking about me,,,, what is "sp8ball"? anyway....... but uhmmm, you hurt my feeling when you call me ignant.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 01:18 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Eagle Wings - try a Medusa 028-056-2800 with a 3S 5000mah (2X 3S 2500mah), turnigy 100A esc and a 6.5 X 6.5 or 6 X 5.5
Not everyone agrees which prop is best but I reckon the FJ suits a bigger prop and a large "low" volt battery.
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:52 AM
Fast, faster & fast again
North Hollywood, CA
Joined Jul 2007
1,210 Posts
Nah, reporting him means I'm stooping to his level and I prefer to stay above ground. The flying is better up here and you have to keep in mind that there is usually a reason people are bitter, bully's or attention hookers and they show it in any way they can. In the real world they don't amount to much, but behind a screen they can be anybody they want. He chooses to be who he is here online and I'm okay with that. I just choose not to continue exchanging words with him since it has nothing to do with why I'm here. The Hitler and mother comment told me everything I need to know about him and there is no reason to look any farther since its a shallow pool. That's what I like about this site, the ignore button allows me to continue reading about things I want to read, not what others want me to read. I'm sure its really driving him crazy, and in a funny kind of way, I get a lot of satisfaction out of that. Nobody is worth taking the time to report about anything and I won't be making an exception for him. If someone else is offended by any of his comments by all means, report him, but I prefer to keep things fun. Thanks for all the heads up.

Jim
jimweda is offline Find More Posts by jimweda
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:24 PM
CERTIFIED LIPO PUFFER
Joined Jan 2008
278 Posts
Quote:
Nah, reporting him means I'm stooping to his level and I prefer to stay above ground. The flying is better up here and you have to keep in mind that there is usually a reason people are bitter, bully's or attention hookers and they show it in any way they can. In the real world they don't amount to much, but behind a screen they can be anybody they want. He chooses to be who he is here online and I'm okay with that. I just choose not to continue exchanging words with him since it has nothing to do with why I'm here. The Hitler and mother comment told me everything I need to know about him and there is no reason to look any farther since its a shallow pool. That's what I like about this site, the ignore button allows me to continue reading about things I want to read, not what others want me to read. I'm sure its really driving him crazy, and in a funny kind of way, I get a lot of satisfaction out of that. Nobody is worth taking the time to report about anything and I won't be making an exception for him. If someone else is offended by any of his comments by all means, report him, but I prefer to keep things fun. Thanks for all the heads up.

Jim

oh come on Jim,, talk to me,, speak to me,, directly,, what'd i do wrong???

but i finally get it,,finally,, you're more a serious kinda of guy,,, ok ok i'll cut it out..

but i do have a serious question for you,, uhmm,, it's regarding funjets. i do plan to convert my fj to a tractor set up.. i do have a nice aluminum 30mm spinner, i'm thinking mega 16/15/3 apc 4.75X4.75 on 3s 2100 (impulse)... what do you think Jim??? you think i could pull it off??
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:59 PM
CERTIFIED LIPO PUFFER
Joined Jan 2008
278 Posts
Quote:
and you have to keep in mind that there is usually a reason people are bitter, bully's or attention hookers and they show it in any way they can. In the real world they don't amount to much, but behind a screen they can be anybody they want.

Jim

Yah, you're so right Jim. I lost my job about 6 months ago, still unemployed. Home got repo'ed. Divorced 3 months ago and she got all the kids. I'm now living off of my truck and the old folk's basement sometimes. Gosh that basement get freakin' cold at night.
Closed Thread