HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:26 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Jurgen- Can you post your indoor set up?

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:35 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
Jurgen- Can you post your indoor set up?

Mike.
Sure :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=27

Jürgen

Prop is GWS 6x3"HD
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Mar 24, 2006, 02:51 PM
Norway
Joined May 2004
255 Posts
Jürgen -

How is the wing built, thinking about "reflex" (if im wrong with the words now, im thinking about if the elevons are curved, and will change the trim in high speed flight)?

Also, do you think a Himax 2815-2000 would give enough power to this plane? Maybe combined with a suitable CAM Speed prop?
Twin-Jet-Crash is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Jet-Crash
Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:13 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Jet-Crash
Jürgen -

How is the wing built, thinking about "reflex" (if im wrong with the words now, im thinking about if the elevons are curved, and will change the trim in high speed flight)?

Also, do you think a Himax 2815-2000 would give enough power to this plane? Maybe combined with a suitable CAM Speed prop?
In contrary to the MJ, the FunJet uses a non-symetrical - "reflex" type wing section.

Why do you wonder about the power? I fly my FunJET with just 25W of power and you worry when you have almost 200W?

Data I found on an Italian site:

Himax 2815-2000 - CAM Speed 5x5 - 3s1p PolyQuest 2200 HG - 18000rpm - 19,5A - ESC CC Phoenix 25

Jürgen
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:48 AM
Hold my beer and watch this!
Northern IL
Joined Oct 2005
2,380 Posts
Just curious Jürgen, what percentage of your flying do you do indoors? I've seen a lot of posts of your setups; ultra-light, for the most part. I assume this is so they are flyable indoors.

The FunJet seems like more of an outdoor model...
Jeremy Z is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Z
Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:59 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Z
Just curious Jürgen, what percentage of your flying do you do indoors? I've seen a lot of posts of your setups; ultra-light, for the most part. I assume this is so they are flyable indoors.

The FunJet seems like more of an outdoor model...
Hi Jeremy,

You have asked the same question before. The answer is still the same :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1483

Jürgen
Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:27 PM
Northern IL
Joined Oct 2005
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi Jeremy,

You have asked the same question before. The answer is still the same :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1483

Jürgen
Hehehe, it must've been a good question, for me to have asked it twice!

You have a better memory than I do, and you're probably twice my age.

Take care.
Old Apr 03, 2006, 12:12 PM
nooobama
United States, PA, Stroudsburg
Joined May 2004
984 Posts
Anything new here? Just wondering if any word when this would come to market.
finishman2000 is offline Find More Posts by finishman2000
Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:44 PM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Midsize MJ

It looks more like it is more of a replacement for the microjet in a midsize, than a replacement for the TJ. If its flight characteristics are midway between the TJ and the MJ, it is probably going to be a hit. Jurgen, wie fliegt der FJ? The TJ was more stable than the MJ (even with my MJ at 12 oz). The symmetrical wing gave it a bad glide without speed/power. The TJ was a bit too draggy, but with the twin Kontronic setup and 10 cells it was also heavy, but fast. I have another TJ in the box that I was thinking of running on twin Razor 2500 motors, probably 4.7x 4.5 props on 3S 1500-3000 lipos (all of which I already have) What do you think Jurgen? What was your TJ indoor setup (I can't find the thread that you mentioned it in.)?

Just my comments & thoughts (worth every cent you pay for them...):

1) I prefer the looks of the fighter bubble canopy of the MJ and TJ. The FJ canopy looks too much like the SkyScooter glasses. (I loved the SS. I had two of them.)
2) I think the single piece fuselage and wing with just the turtle deck and fins was a good design for strength and ease of assembly.
3) The tanks or ordinance or whatever is on the FJ wingtips looks funny to me.
4) The wings look too swept forward. At least the wing root on the TJ and MJ made the wings look less swept forward. (I also have the ParkZone Stryker and its wing looks too swept back especially on the TE. It looks too much like a Zagi with a nose. I guess I just am too picky.)

So, when will it be available in the US?
I know I'll end up getting one.
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Last edited by erashby; Apr 19, 2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:22 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erashby
It looks more like it is more of a replacement for the microjet in a midsize, than a replacement for the TJ. If its flight characteristics are midway between the TJ and the MJ, it is probably going to be a hit.
Just my comments & thoughts (worth every cent you pay for them...):

1) I prefer the looks of the fighter bubble canopy of the MJ and TJ. The FJ canopy looks too much like the SkyScooter glasses. (I loved the SS. I had two of them.)
2) I think the single piece fuselage and wing with just the turtle deck and fins was a good design for strength and ease of assembly.
3) The tanks or ordinance or whatever is on the FJ wingtips looks funny to me.
Aerodynamically, the FunJET is a big improvement over Twin-Jet and Micro-Jet.

I also liked the F-14 style canopy better - the FunJet looks a bit like a business-jet.

Single piece fuselage makes big boxes - bad for shipping. A proper spar gives you much more strength than just foam.

The wingtyps reduce drag and add visiblity, but if you don't like them, you can always cut them off.

Jürgen
Old Apr 23, 2006, 12:15 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,474 Posts
Jurgen, your indoor version looks like it flies good.

This is all I needed. Here I am trying to keep my hangar from growing ever more crowded and run across another neat looking plane. Since it won't be available in the US for many months I've got plenty of time to try and talk myself out of it... ;-)
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2006, 04:16 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Showtime

Two new video clips:

Indoor:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...95#post5407452

Outdoor:

http://airtoimedia.nl/web/upload/Jur...nJet-light.wmv

Jürgen
Old May 01, 2006, 01:22 AM
Tree Fodder
Mount Holly Burlington, New Jersey, United States
Joined Sep 2004
986 Posts
Sweet.

Love watching you fly, J.

I started dusting off a place on my wall for this one the first day I saw it. If it's as good as it looks, it's going to be a hot seller. I was wondering when something would crop up to replace the Stryker.

Could this be it?

One thing about the Stryker though... At $18 bucks for a replacement fuse, it's easy to have extras on hand all the time.

-mb
MumblinBerk is offline Find More Posts by MumblinBerk
Old May 01, 2006, 05:49 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MumblinBerk
Sweet.

Love watching you fly, J.

-mb
Thanks for the compliment. I can't wait to get a production kit to put some serious power in this model.

Jürgen
Old May 01, 2006, 09:24 AM
Northern IL
Joined Oct 2005
2,380 Posts
Yes, thanks for the videos Jürgen. It is a sharp-looking plane. Even sharper, I think, than the TwinJet. IMO, they are getting further away from scale jet looks, but that is fine. Since their jets didn't have separate tails to begin with, there is no use pretending.

I think you should decorate the plane a bit. It is rather bland in plain white. Even something simple would spice it up quite a bit. They way you talk (about the stock power system) I wonder if you are not allowed to?

I like that your videographer doesn't get too carried away with the zoom, so that he loses the plane. Can I give a bit of constructive criticism? Talk with him a bit before shooting the video. Tell him you're going to fly a couple of oval, predictable laps and that he can get in close. Give him a sign when you're going to do all your directional changes, then he can zoom back.

What is the word as to when it will go into production in Europe?

I'm going to maiden my Micro Jet this week to hold me over until I can get a FunJet. Heck, I might get a Twin Jet too, since I have suitable batteries and a speed control left over from the TwinStar II... I just won't bother upgrading it to brushless.
Closed Thread