HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Dec 03, 2008, 07:59 PM
Where the hell is Biggles
Nederland's Avatar
Upstate New York
Joined Mar 2005
215 Posts
is there ANY store in the US that can sell me a FunJet ?
Lets just hope Multiplex decides to make a few more.!
Does anybody have an E.T.A ?
Nederland is offline Find More Posts by Nederland
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2008, 08:54 PM
Registered User
Dr Kiwi's Avatar
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93
Got it...I purchased everything except the ESC and prop. I know that the Castle Creations Phoenix-45 amp ESC can run the 4S but thought that the 60amp ESC would be a little extra insurance. (just wanted a second opinion I will be running 3S 2200 25C and possibly 4S 2200 25C.
The Phoenix 45A ESC is rated for 3s.... it can cope with 4s only with an external UBEC.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:15 PM
LOVE MAIDEN'S : >
neiloneil's Avatar
norfolk va
Joined Aug 2007
1,480 Posts
ive decided to switch out that big ole arc motor and big 60A esc and try to lighten the FJ up ...going to put my stock stryker c motor and esc in her and see how she flies...mine was just sooo heavy..esp with the 4s...and i still had some clay in the front to balance it
neiloneil is offline Find More Posts by neiloneil
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:33 PM
What smoke?
Lostlad's Avatar
SoCal
Joined Feb 2008
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloneil
ive decided to switch out that big ole arc motor and big 60A esc and try to lighten the FJ up ...going to put my stock stryker c motor and esc in her and see how she flies...mine was just sooo heavy..esp with the 4s...and i still had some clay in the front to balance it
I ran mine with the stock Stryker motor for a bit well I waited for my Medusa motor to come in and with a 6x5.5 prop on a three cell it wasn't too bad. I placed a 4 cell 2200 and a 5.5x4.5 prop amps were around 50 and it really moved good.

Lostlad
Lostlad is offline Find More Posts by Lostlad
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:42 PM
LOVE MAIDEN'S : >
neiloneil's Avatar
norfolk va
Joined Aug 2007
1,480 Posts
will be using that same prop....ill prob stick to 3s just to keep her lite
neiloneil is offline Find More Posts by neiloneil
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:43 PM
Registered User
Cupertino, CA
Joined Aug 2007
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nederland
is there ANY store in the US that can sell me a FunJet ?
Lets just hope Multiplex decides to make a few more.!
Does anybody have an E.T.A ?
Towerhobbies has them in stock with "limited quantities"
gandhimtb is offline Find More Posts by gandhimtb
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:01 PM
Where the hell is Biggles
Nederland's Avatar
Upstate New York
Joined Mar 2005
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhimtb
Towerhobbies has them in stock with "limited quantities"

Thanks Bud,
I ordered immediately, looks like they have a few more
Nederland is offline Find More Posts by Nederland
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:20 PM
Spritual Pilot
Silicon Valley, CA
Joined May 2001
677 Posts
Just curious....

The fastest funjet can compare to a pylon racer (such as F5D)? The pylon racer seems to be much faster. (I don't know well about pylon racer, so I might be wrong). Wondering why people is not looking at the pylon racer instead of Funjet if the speed is a main goal..

jnyoun is offline Find More Posts by jnyoun
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:24 PM
zoom zoom
gotboostedvr6's Avatar
USA, NJ, Mt Laurel
Joined Oct 2007
3,691 Posts
When people want to go fast, i mean really fast they don't buy a fun jet.
gotboostedvr6 is offline Find More Posts by gotboostedvr6
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:40 PM
Spritual Pilot
Silicon Valley, CA
Joined May 2001
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6
When people want to go fast, i mean really fast they don't buy a fun jet.
Then, what do they buy? O..oh...please don't ask what I have...
jnyoun is offline Find More Posts by jnyoun
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:54 PM
zoom zoom
gotboostedvr6's Avatar
USA, NJ, Mt Laurel
Joined Oct 2007
3,691 Posts
? lol i dont understand ..

Pylon > Funjet
gotboostedvr6 is offline Find More Posts by gotboostedvr6
Old Dec 04, 2008, 12:01 AM
Registered User
Seattle Area
Joined Aug 2007
4,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyoun
Just curious....

The fastest funjet can compare to a pylon racer (such as F5D)? The pylon racer seems to be much faster. (I don't know well about pylon racer, so I might be wrong). Wondering why people is not looking at the pylon racer instead of Funjet if the speed is a main goal..

The Funjet is a little more accessible than a pylon racer. You can walk into the LHS and buy 100mph Funjet. You need some friends at the field or research on the internet to even know about pylon planes.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Dec 04, 2008, 12:02 AM
What smoke?
Lostlad's Avatar
SoCal
Joined Feb 2008
279 Posts
Buying a Funjet and making it go really fast is kinda like buying a sports car and making it faster.... Sure you could just buy a race car but what's the fun in that, it's fun to take a foam plane to the local field and watch your flying ice chest do 140mph.

If you get a racer and make it fast well it was fast to start with. I've been at some fields around here and when I race my funjet with a pylon racer or 1400 watt jet and win it's a lot more of a rush that way, and yes there is always someone faster then you out there.

Lostlad
Lostlad is offline Find More Posts by Lostlad
Old Dec 04, 2008, 10:54 AM
Registered User
Cupertino, CA
Joined Aug 2007
158 Posts
pylon racers are much more expensive too, and when you crash the funjet it can usually be fixed up, when you crash a pylon racer, all you get are tiny pieces of wood
gandhimtb is offline Find More Posts by gandhimtb
Old Dec 04, 2008, 11:08 AM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlad
Buying a Funjet and making it go really fast is kinda like buying a sports car and making it faster.... Sure you could just buy a race car but what's the fun in that, it's fun to take a foam plane to the local field and watch your flying ice chest do 140mph.

If you get a racer and make it fast well it was fast to start with. I've been at some fields around here and when I race my funjet with a pylon racer or 1400 watt jet and win it's a lot more of a rush that way, and yes there is always someone faster then you out there.

Lostlad

Which setup do you have on yours? is it THAT fast ?
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Multiplex funjet ouluckydogu Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 7 Jul 24, 2006 04:01 PM
Sold Multiplex Funjet NIB bruff Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Jul 06, 2006 04:46 PM
Video Multiplex FunJet - Full video (20 MB) Jeremy Z Electric Plane Talk 0 Jun 28, 2006 01:27 AM
Video Multiplex FunJET Indoor Jurgen Heilig Electric Plane Talk 2 May 01, 2006 06:31 AM