Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 30, 2008, 05:16 AM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
699 Posts
Damm Wingwrecker
I was thinking some thing the same and I just had email that my two 2w20 het's are in bond. Nice simple paint too.
Cheer's
CrocEnd is offline Find More Posts by CrocEnd
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:45 PM
Norway
Joined May 2004
255 Posts
Well, I'm back again. My last FunJet has now been decommissioned due to beeing crumpled and not looking slick anymore. After tearing away one wing and the nose on a crash I though I'd get a new one (old one will go with a tiny motor for aerodynamic testing - canards and stuff).

The new one will be flying with a HET 2W-23 on 3 cells (worked very well with the last one).
I also think I'm going to add a hook under the belly to launch it with a bungee cord or similar, as all (!) the crashed I had with the last one was when throwing it.

My question, are there any other mods that is worth checking out and doing to improve the plane?
Twin-Jet-Crash is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Jet-Crash
Old Sep 30, 2008, 06:55 PM
Fast Foamer
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Jet-Crash

My question, are there any other mods that is worth checking out and doing to improve the plane?
I added a 3mm carbon tube down the center line from nose to tail. That's the only Mod I've done.

Paul
pcliftonjr is offline Find More Posts by pcliftonjr
Old Sep 30, 2008, 07:25 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,092 Posts
Has anybody gotten any amp readings from the MD 2505 2800kv on 4s? Say a 4.5x4.5 prop?? I'm getting ready to buy an ESC for it...

Brian
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old Oct 01, 2008, 02:45 AM
So Cal FPV Aviator
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2008
3,575 Posts
Ok So I have been burned a couple of times on the internet so I wanted to make sure. Has anyone done any business with ToyEast.com? I tried typing the company name with "scam" afterwards and that will usually give me all the info i need, but no hits on this one.

Im only interested in this website because they have the FUTABA 6EX 2.4Ghz TRANSMITTER & R617FS RECEIVER for only $123 including shipping.

Too good to be true? Maybe, but it says u can pay with paypal, so u can charge them back if it comes down to it.

It looks like the perfect computer radio for my new funjet & @ only $123 Im super tempted.
EyeFlyPlanes is offline Find More Posts by EyeFlyPlanes
Old Oct 01, 2008, 03:24 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
Eyeflyplanes, That does seem to good to be true. I have the 72mhz version of that radio and it goes for $130-$140 or so. The 2.4 version I think is going for about $20-$30 more. Now if its only the radio and RX that would sound about right. My radio was $147 when I bought it over a year ago but was the whole park flyer setup with servos and all.

Torque roll issues: As the props get bigger you will have more issue with this. I fly my FJ with no bigger than a 6" prop and the torque roll I experience is minimal. It is still noticeable but very correctable with a quick thumb or hard enough toss.

Control Surface Warpage: I too still fly with one surface that has one side warped when the inboard egde is lined up. I just deal with it. Now how have those of you that have fixed it done so?

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Oct 01, 2008, 04:36 AM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
699 Posts
Yep Thanx Modelflight 2 Het's arrived today 10-30am
Cheer's
CrocEnd is offline Find More Posts by CrocEnd
Old Oct 01, 2008, 12:35 PM
So Cal FPV Aviator
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2008
3,575 Posts
Fresno,

Ya I thought that might be the case, but u and I both know, someone on this forum is reading this right now & just bought 4 of em.

Anyways, I'm trying to put together a killer paint job on my new fj, but I'd also like to reinforce it. So if I put clear tape over the paint, it will tear the paint of the body when the tape starts to fail. Or if I tape first and then paint, then it flakes and looks like garbage on landings & other mistakes. I wouldn't mind glassing then painting, but I don't want to add all that weight & some guys at the field beleive its overkill, I'm so torn.

Not sure what to do?
Old Oct 01, 2008, 12:46 PM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
I dont see the need to F/G a FJ unless your going for the kind of speed that will melt it . You can do a tissue/PolyC or silkspan/PolyC if all you want is a nice finish surface. Silkspan or tissue deosn't add much strength but does give a nice smooth surface.

Jason
Old Oct 01, 2008, 12:56 PM
So Cal FPV Aviator
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2008
3,575 Posts
Well I just want to add the type of reinforcement that threaded tape would give me. Were could I get silkspan? Are u talking about tissue paper?

I think the reinforcements are totally necessary because the other day at the field there were 2 fjs. One guy was ready to maiden with no tape or reinforcements, he threw it up it landed on the nose, then the nose broke off. He was bummed and didnt want to fly anymore. The next guy had his entire fj covered in threaded tape, he had a couple of sore landings as well, but he was able to pick up his plane & dust it right off.

That's what I'm talkin about.
Old Oct 01, 2008, 01:04 PM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
Well when I say there is no need to beef up it up is based on my experience with the plane. I have really flopped it but never piled it in at farther than about 30 degree's nose down. only damage were wrinkles in the paint and a pilot ejection (read canopy pop off) lol.

Silkspan is a little tougher than tissue. Thus a bit more expensive. The Silkspan will add some ding resistance but thats about it and minor strength but not enough to protect against what you mentioned. If you nose a plane in you may as well be resigned to repairs unless its a tank. But remember too if its a tough as a tank it will fly like one too.

Jason
Old Oct 01, 2008, 05:46 PM
Murray Bridge.(Sth) Australia
Joined May 2006
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik
Has anybody gotten any amp readings from the MD 2505 2800kv on 4s? Say a 4.5x4.5 prop?? I'm getting ready to buy an ESC for it...

Brian
Brian,

I'd drop Dan a line at http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/ I'm sure he could help!

Michael
macca68 is offline Find More Posts by macca68
Old Oct 02, 2008, 03:32 AM
So Cal FPV Aviator
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2008
3,575 Posts
Hey guys,

Ok so I havent seen anyone else do this yet, but this is going to be the color of my new funjet. Its modeled after a German Mig 29. When i saw it I knew thats what i wanted my funjet to look like.

Here is hours of photoshop...

And Im not sure where i saw this, but I liked it very much for the bottom..
Last edited by EyeFlyPlanes; Oct 02, 2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2008, 04:18 AM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlyPlanes
Hey guys,

Ok so I havent seen anyone else do this yet, but this is going to be the color of my new funjet. Its modeled after a German Mig 29. When i saw it I knew thats what i wanted my funjet to look like.

Here is hours of photoshop...

And Im not sure where i saw this, but I liked it very much for the bottom..
Nice paint job bud! I love it!
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Oct 02, 2008, 04:39 AM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
Shouldn't have any visibility issues with that one. Nice choices.

Jason
Closed Thread