Old May 28, 2006, 06:10 AM
Irvine, Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver
Hi Tony,

See my other reply with the picture.
You need to pay attention that the elevon is in one line at the body side next to the fin.

Rob

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=132
My comment related to take-off rather than the Elevon position for normal flight.

Tony
ModelTony is offline Find More Posts by ModelTony
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2006, 11:45 AM
Polesworth, Warkwickshire (UK)
Joined Nov 2004
82 Posts
Hi all,

Just gave my Funjet it's maiden flight. Oh this is defo the best jet mutiplex have made. There was no need for any correction on the elevons for takeoff, unlike the microjet. It flies just as fast if not a little faster than the microjet too on the same power system. You can fly it so slow too. Take off is a breeze, nothing to worry about a all, no bad behaviour, half throttle, and a little throw is all it needs.

Just need to charge the batts again, for it's next two flights.

Laters
Viper
Viperkk7 is offline Find More Posts by Viperkk7
Old May 28, 2006, 01:56 PM
Long-Time Member
Cologne, Germany
Joined Dec 1996
2,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperkk7
It flies just as fast if not a little faster than the microjet too on the same power system.
"On the same power system" as the MicroJet infers you're using a brushed 6-volt 400 motor, same that comes with the MicroJet, correct?
James Frolik is offline Find More Posts by James Frolik
Old May 28, 2006, 02:02 PM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperkk7
Hi all,

Just gave my Funjet it's maiden flight. Oh this is defo the best jet mutiplex have made. There was no need for any correction on the elevons for takeoff, unlike the microjet. It flies just as fast if not a little faster than the microjet too on the same power system. You can fly it so slow too. Take off is a breeze, nothing to worry about a all, no bad behaviour, half throttle, and a little throw is all it needs.

Just need to charge the batts again, for it's next two flights.

Laters
Viper

I had two flights as well today.
Last flight I did trow the plane my self.
No problem at all, not much different than a PicoJet the handstart.

It is a cool piece of "FUN" for sure!!

Cheers,
Rob
TreeDiver is online now Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old May 28, 2006, 03:35 PM
"Bible Thumper"
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2001
1,924 Posts
Did you guys already order? If not, could you please check and see if an extra set of white tail fins from either a white twin jet(prefered), micro jet or fun jet could fit in the box. I need some for a project.
thanx
AMTJIM is offline Find More Posts by AMTJIM
Old May 28, 2006, 04:06 PM
Joined Nov 2004
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Frolik
"On the same power system" as the MicroJet infers you're using a brushed 6-volt 400 motor, same that comes with the MicroJet, correct?
Sorry, same power system which I was using on my Microjet, 3T mega, cam speed 4.7x4.7 3S Evo20
Old May 28, 2006, 07:03 PM
Bay Area, California
Joined May 2003
106 Posts
Jeremy, PayPal sent for the FunJet.

peace
peace is offline Find More Posts by peace
Old May 30, 2006, 12:32 AM
Flyin' Ryan
USA, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Sep 2001
978 Posts
Viper, How do you like it on the Mega 3T. Does it have enough power for good verticals, or is it all straight line speed? My Stryker with a Himaxx 2815-2000 and 6x4 has a good combo of speed and climb. I have a mega 3T I am planning on putting in the Funjet, but the Himaxx could be borrowed. How many amps are you drawing?

Thanks, Ryan
rycomm is offline Find More Posts by rycomm
Old May 30, 2006, 01:39 AM
Joined Nov 2004
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rycomm
Viper, How do you like it on the Mega 3T. Does it have enough power for good verticals, or is it all straight line speed? My Stryker with a Himaxx 2815-2000 and 6x4 has a good combo of speed and climb. I have a mega 3T I am planning on putting in the Funjet, but the Himaxx could be borrowed. How many amps are you drawing?

Thanks, Ryan
Hi Rycomm,

The FJ with the 3T mega has great speed and unlimited vertical, Launch is easy at half throttle. It pulls 26A WOT. on average I'm getting 10mins flight durations. Even with the small prop, FJ will still flying on the lowest possible throttle setting too.

Viper
Old May 30, 2006, 03:58 AM
Dex
France
Joined Mar 2004
74 Posts
Hello all,

I've ordered 2 funjet, one will be for me with a brushless setup, the other one will be for a "beginner" who has already a good experience in flying his GWS E-Start and an electric flying wing that I use to have in the past.
Do you think it would be possible to fly the funjet with a standard 6v 400 motor (permax 400 from his EasyStar) and 2S lipo ?.
The goal is not to have a racer but something that flies gently re-using equipment that he has already in stock (motor, 2S1500 polyquest 10C lipo and jeti 20A ESC).

Thx for your replies.

David
Dex is offline Find More Posts by Dex
Old May 30, 2006, 04:26 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,048 Posts
Hi David,

6v 400motor and 2s LiPoly is to risky. Not enough power I am afraid. But you could try it on a grass field.
Permax480motor and 3s LiPoly and a 6x4 prop is a better option and much saver
The PicoJet with Permax480motor and 3sLiPoly flies good (I had one), so my guess is that it will work also in the FunJet which is a lighter.

I hope this helps.

Rob
Old May 30, 2006, 04:42 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2006
164 Posts
Hi Rob,

I actually think it might be ok on that setup. My Microjet has the stock Permax 400 and a 1200 2S Lipo, and it not only flies, it actually goes pretty hard.

With the Funjet being an improvement on the Microjet, I think it should go fairly well on the Permax. But we need someone who's tried it to tell us for sure.

Cheers,
Ben.
dev|ant is offline Find More Posts by dev|ant
Old May 30, 2006, 05:00 AM
Dex
France
Joined Mar 2004
74 Posts
Thx,

I think I'll give it a try with 2S, the permax 400 and a standard gunther prop (the white one) if we receive the funjets before they cut the grass of the field near my house... The grass is nearly 1 meter height so it should be ok in case of issue ...

For my funjet, I plan to use a 3S1500 15C that I've in stock and a coolrunning 25A.
For the motor, I don't know yet... 20A is the max that my lipos can accept.
Dex is offline Find More Posts by Dex
Old May 30, 2006, 05:22 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,048 Posts
Hi Dex,

Even lower grass is no problem. With your weight of the FunJet it should be no problem to glide back to the ground if the power is not good enough.
Pay attention to the CG and trow the plane in an angle of 20 degrees.

The FunJet is "much" easier to start then a MicroJet.

Success and keep us posted!
Rob
Old May 30, 2006, 07:47 AM
Hold my beer and watch this!
Northern IL
Joined Oct 2005
2,380 Posts
If the MicroJet would fly with 2S on a 6V 400, I would think the FunJet will too. It has more wing area and looks to be more stable. I think it may be abit heavier though...

My MicroJet is on 3S and the 7.2 V 480, and it really hauls the mail. (this is relatively speaking, of course)
Jeremy Z is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Z
Closed Thread