SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 26, 2006, 03:31 AM
Joined Jul 2005
36 Posts
I set up my acromaster with the english language (wrong) settings and did not use the spacer ring with the stock motor, as I did not have screws that would fit... Flys great, except when hovering... I have to give it a lot of right rudder or the plane will fall out of the hover to the left. Perhaps I should try the other settings, as in the picture, then fine tune it from that point.
resedaguy is offline Find More Posts by resedaguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2006, 03:50 PM
Purdue Engineering
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
2,624 Posts
Does anyone have this motor Tower Hobbies reccomends for the AcroMaster? Would it be comparable to the Himax? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLWU8
Rocketman1092 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Nov 26, 2006, 04:23 PM
Kranj
Joined Jun 2006
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer
I think I found an error in the Multiplex instructions. The thrust settings in the picture and the all languages match up - except for the English text. Based on this, I'm assuming the picture and other languages are correct. I also checked for later versions of the instructions on Multiplex' main site but it, too, has the discrepancy. English readers, beware...

Woketman: Thanks for mentioning that. I'll be interested to know the same thing.

Alan
Those are just presets anyhow. I was trimming my AM today and I had to set A LOT of right and up(??) thrust.

I seem to have a problem with the fuselage. When I was assembling tail section, I noticed the fin and the bottom part of the fuselage were out of line. I managed to glue them toghether, but the plane doesn't roll in axis but rather does a kind of barell roll. It's a pitty really, beacouse she's a very fine plane othervise.

Rgs
Jernej
jernejk is offline Find More Posts by jernejk
Old Nov 26, 2006, 04:57 PM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,036 Posts
Well, I've got my motor installed and the thrust angles look right, but the adjusting screws on the port side are poking out in front of the fuselage. Is this how yours are?

Mike
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Last edited by Mike Smart; Nov 27, 2006 at 05:44 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:08 PM
Tenerife,Canary Islands
Joined May 2004
1,672 Posts
Jernej.Do you have a lot of differential or untrimed rudder . ?
chichisport is offline Find More Posts by chichisport
Old Nov 26, 2006, 09:26 PM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woketman
Speaking of maiden going smoothly....
>>> snippo <<<
Only gave it 1 beep of right ail trim.
My maiden went about the same way .. 1 click of left aileron. I dinked around with the CG a little and made some minor adjustments to the thrust angle and that's where I'm still flying it. Mine also takes very little roll correction and no pitch correction in knife-edge. Excellent flying plane!

I'm using a Torque 2814T/820 powered by 4S TP2100 ProLites via a Phoenix 45 and spinning an APC 11x5.5E. At 550+ watts (measured) this combo makes for a perfectly overpowered plane. WOT is completely unnecessary. An aggressive 10-minute flight with lots of vertical climbouts only uses 1400-1500 mAh and the pack comes down at ambient air temperature.

Additional equipment includes a Hitec Fusion-9 receiver, a Park BEC, HS-65MGs in the wings and HS-81MGs for the tail feathers.

I've flown no less than 6 battery packs per day through this plane for the last 4 days and I'm still in awe of it's capabilities. It and my equally-overpowered Uzi XXL have conspired to make me leave my covered wood planes at home when I go to the field.

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:51 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092
Does anyone have this motor Tower Hobbies reccomends for the AcroMaster? Would it be comparable to the Himax? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLWU8
It is much heavier than the Himax and the rpm/V is way too high for a decent sized prop (1300 versus 1130).

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:04 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
It is much heavier than the Himax and the rpm/V is way too high for a decent sized prop (1300 versus 1130).

Jürgen

True...seems like the Rimfire 35-36-1000 would be a better match. But the other one is the one that Tower recommends on the Acromaster info page...I wonder how much reasearch they put into it? Hopefully Tower will get a shipment of Acromasters in soon, instead of pushing the date back AGAIN!
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:33 PM
SD_Raptor
San Deigo, CA
Joined Mar 2006
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjon
True...seems like the Rimfire 35-36-1000 would be a better match. But the other one is the one that Tower recommends on the Acromaster info page...I wonder how much reasearch they put into it? Hopefully Tower will get a shipment of Acromasters in soon, instead of pushing the date back AGAIN!
The RimFire motors have only 4mm output shaft. This is a bit small for the size props that would be used - 12x6, 11x7, 11x5.5 - on the AcroMaster combined with the style of flying the plane is not only designed for, but which it encourages after only a few flights. It is worth paying a bit more for a better motor - it will probably go into more than one plane over time.

Randy
SD_Raptor is offline Find More Posts by SD_Raptor
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:31 AM
C.H.E.A.P.
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2005
1,438 Posts
Any tips for the light build? I know there's a word doc for some help, but I'm after MM's light weight scheme. I'll use the Torque motor, 56's and a 65 for rudder. I read about deleting a wing spar and some other items, however, I would rather summon the Gods (you guys) for REAL advice. Thank you kindly in advance for any hints. JH?
Mike
MICKEL is offline Find More Posts by MICKEL
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Inverza33
Old Nov 27, 2006, 04:47 AM
Kranj
Joined Jun 2006
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichisport
Jernej.Do you have a lot of differential or untrimed rudder . ?

Currently there is supposed to be no differential (at least if I set up everything correctly). How do you think the rudder shold be trimmed? Optimal rudder trim is straight and apropriate motor right thrust, no?

Rgs
Jernej
jernejk is offline Find More Posts by jernejk
Old Nov 27, 2006, 09:52 AM
SD_Raptor
San Deigo, CA
Joined Mar 2006
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jernejk
Currently there is supposed to be no differential (at least if I set up everything correctly). How do you think the rudder shold be trimmed? Optimal rudder trim is straight and apropriate motor right thrust, no?

Rgs
Jernej
Jernejk,

No differential and neutral rudder trim should give you good flight if your CG is correct. Check left/right CG as well as fore/aft. After the first flight, with the batts still in, look at the surfaces to see if your trim is still neutral. Adjust the motor thrust angle in small increments to get neutral flight. Note that the optimum thrust angle for pattern flying may not be the same as for 3D flying. You will need to adjust to fit your flying style.

Randy

Randy
SD_Raptor is offline Find More Posts by SD_Raptor
Old Nov 27, 2006, 02:00 PM
Central PA
Joined Dec 2005
1,496 Posts
Can you just use HS65's all around on this thing? Any downside?
TommyB is offline Find More Posts by TommyB
Old Nov 27, 2006, 04:58 PM
Purdue Engineering
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
2,624 Posts
I got an E-mail today from www.maxamps.com announcing the new 20C packs. The new 3S 2100HV battery from is $49 and weighs less than the 2070 TP Extreme (152g vs. 164g). Just thought I'd pass on the knowledge, as this may be a great battery for the AcroMaster.
Rocketman1092 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:22 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEL
Any tips for the light build? I know there's a word doc for some help, but I'm after MM's light weight scheme. I'll use the Torque motor, 56's and a 65 for rudder. I read about deleting a wing spar and some other items, however, I would rather summon the Gods (you guys) for REAL advice. Thank you kindly in advance for any hints. JH?
Mike
Hi Mike,

If you don't want to fly Indoors, there is really no point in trying extreme weight savings. The HS-81 should be much more robust than the 56, or 65.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig