Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:51 AM
TAS Foamies was here!!!!!!!!
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
Nice looking plane. Do to weak eyes, I like my stuff a bit brighter.
Ya thanks, i broke my neck and so my friend did a free scheme for it and it's an eye catcher when you go the field
ThatGuy123 is offline Find More Posts by ThatGuy123
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
Hi!
This is what I did to kill "mad cow Moo" and vibration for 3542-D:
1-fill all nose slits with CA
2-remove stock motor plate and make new motor plate, use 4-mm plywood; for adjustment screws make 2,5 mm holes and cut thread using that screws
3-threaded each of 4 adjustment screws +1 turn more then recommended by MPX. They all mast contact whith they own reference areas on 2 beams. May be it is necessary for silence.
4-remove excessive elapor with dremel, install motor and motor plate
That's all. There is no more "moo".

Alex
a_semchenko is offline Find More Posts by a_semchenko
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
New year flights - no "moo", no vibration.
Prop APC 12x6 (I think it's better) and 13x4 (more thrust, much less speed, doesn't like wind).
MPX Acromaster.mpg (1 min 55 sec)

It was heavy snow that day, so skis was necessary.

Alex
a_semchenko is offline Find More Posts by a_semchenko
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
Beginner
Germany
Joined May 2011
27 Posts
(sorry)
ottootts is offline Find More Posts by ottootts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:24 PM
Puffed Up Lipo
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Apr 2008
50 Posts
Thank you Alex. Pictures please?
kimeza is offline Find More Posts by kimeza
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:37 AM
TAS Foamies was here!!!!!!!!
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
261 Posts
Pnp acromaster for sale on the garage sale Classifides section ....has a great scheme
ThatGuy123 is offline Find More Posts by ThatGuy123
Last edited by ThatGuy123; Feb 28, 2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:00 PM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_semchenko View Post
New year flights - no "moo", no vibration.
Prop APC 12x6 (I think it's better) and 13x4 (more thrust, much less speed, doesn't like wind).
It was heavy snow that day, so skis was necessary.

Alex
I just flew mine today for the first time on skis.
What a blast. I thought about taking wings off of it and just drive it.

Rob
robusp is online now Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Well, I started playing around with motors to see if I could come up with an economy setup that works well. This is my latest that I'm pretty impressed with http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18647 It's $12 from HK, and appears to be really well made. I wish the bearings were a little bigger, but mine are in good condition, and easily replaced when it's time.

And it pairs well with my standard cheap but good $20 esc http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11618 , set the timing to the highest setting.

Ya have to get a little creative mounting it, but it easily handles 400w with a 14x8 on 3s, or insane with a 12x6 on 4s - pretty impressive for a 108g motor.

Just thought I would pass it along for anyone looking to save a few dollars.

Hope this helps.

Steve
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
....and one other thing I should mention is that using the above esc gives one the option of running the servos at 6v. I am doing that, using 65mg's around, and I think this obviates the need for the bigger servos on the ailerons. I have had no problems whatsoever.

Hope there are still some active AM fliers out there.

Steve
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:06 AM
Derby, UK
Joined Nov 2004
213 Posts
Hey Steve, sorry no-one responded to your previous post - I think we're all mostly still enjoying the AM and keen to hear news. I checked the motor out and it does look impressive - it will be interesting to hear how it performs over time. I've used smaller versions of that design on indoor shockies for a long time - apart from the shaft being excessively long (which has never caused me a problem from crashes), they are robustly if agriculturally made.
The AM could carry the few extra grams (if there were any) better than a shocky. I might say that the 14" prop sounds larger than most are using - I'm a 12x6 man myself - although I relaise the kv/LiPo combination forces that on you. Maybe a three blader would work? Good luck with experimenting and you will have fun .

My question is "what's next?". My AM is bent out of shape and needs retiring. Is there something that has similar robustness but improves on the flying precision of the AM? Or is that mainly caused by my banana fuselage? Has any one moved on successfully and happily?
cheers
Nigel
Daddymonkey is offline Find More Posts by Daddymonkey
Last edited by Daddymonkey; Feb 24, 2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Aug 2010
7 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for all the info on this great thread. My AM is about to retire. Had a mad cow in-air nose explosion last year (beautiful), and glassed it on the outside as I found all the pieces. So its a bit over weight nowadays. I'm thinking of putting some CF-cloth + Gorrilla/Rhino Glue inside the nose of the new one. Any thoughts on that?

Happy Landings,

Hans

Modellflygning på isen 25 feb. (2 min 45 sec)
nEvert is offline Find More Posts by nEvert
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:42 AM
Beginner
Germany
Joined May 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nEvert View Post
...I'm thinking of putting some CF-cloth + Gorrilla/Rhino Glue inside the nose of the new one. Any thoughts on that?
http://youtu.be/GdpZvA7QVfA
Hi Hans,

I'm going to build one myself soon and I just wonder if all this nose reinforcing is really necessary. My experience with Multiplex is that their planes are plenty strong enough for normal use.

My own theory is that either the reinforcing group are putting overpowered motors in or that they are forgetting to balance the prop. Especially an out of balance prop would cause terrible vibration.

Would any of the reinforcing group care to point to a case of vibration when using a balanced prop and the motor which Multiplex recommends (the Himax C 3516-1130 - a 350 watt motor)?

Happy landings,

Otto
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:52 PM
Flyin brick
Joined Feb 2005
734 Posts
Otto, have a look at the nose area of your AM and decide for yourself if it's strong enough for a 350w.
I did reinforced the nose of mine and I DO balance my props thoroughly but I realise that for the prop to be really balanced you need to perform dynamic balancing. Anyone's got such equipment?
bobber is offline Find More Posts by bobber
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hacienda Heights, Ca., USA
Joined Sep 2009
252 Posts
If you decide on an AM you'd be better off doing some sort of reenforcement now instead of later when the fuse is glued together. Some have had good use without any reenforcement, however many need it. I also believe much of the problems people have are with overpowered AMs. A simple mod would be to glass the inside of the nose with lite cloth and ca and use rubbers washers between the motor and mount. I did that along with cf rod(from motor mount to wing root). Probably overkill but it's holding well with an Eflite power 15 3s 2200 battery and 13x6.5 apc. If you plan on building an "low and slow" AM you will not need a lot of power and your nose mod will be very simple. Also the AM appears to like a bigger prop than the 11 inch that Multiplex recommends. Nick
Nick9000 is offline Find More Posts by Nick9000
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:40 AM
Beginner
Germany
Joined May 2011
27 Posts
OK. As I've never used glass fiber & CA before, could anyone please point me to an explanation - for newbies - of how to go about glassing the AM nose?