HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2006, 01:01 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMuse
Anyway, my point is that my retailer, who i consider competent, is proposing following configuration:
- Brushless Pulsar BL25
- ESC Multicont BL27 (Multiplex)
- APC 10 x5
Well i must say that i am not convinced about it. What do you think ?
What about the ESC ? Isn't it too light (27A /35A max) ?

Thanks for your support!
The Multicont BL27 seems to be identical to the Castle Creations TB 18A.

I would not be convinced about this combination either.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2006, 01:03 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Z
Has anyone tried belly-landing this plane yet? I bet it is just the thing...
Now come on.

Plenty of modelers would like to have a landing gear on their TwinStar, and here you want to take it off?

Jürgen
Old Jul 27, 2006, 02:50 AM
Austria - Vienna
Joined Jul 2005
92 Posts
8 posts from Jürgen... well it seems you're back from holidays !

Anyway. I did it ! Yesterday I bought this wonderful Acromaster!
What i now have in it:
- Servo HS-55 (2) from Hitec
- Servo S1311 (2) from Pichler
- REX 5 MPD from Jeti
- 3s/1p Lemon RC 2250 (20C)

I did not buy the motor/esc yet, because i am still considering different options (and because I am waiting for my next wage ).
On the one hand, the Himax 3516 looks great, but it seems quite impossible to get one's hand on it. It seems Mpx distributed them well in some countries, but in small neighboor Austria, we've got forgotten!

So the alternative is:
- Typhoon Micro 29/12/10 (RPM/Volt 1000, Weight 115g, 300 W, 35 A/45 A)
- 40A ESC (E-Flite BL 40, or eventually JES 40 Plus)
- 13 x 8 folding prop (i use only folding prop on these kind of models; i did too many "nose landing" to know that without folding prop you need to buy a new prop every month!)

Can some of our experts here let me know what they think of it ? Is it comparable to the Himax solution ?
LaMuse is offline Find More Posts by LaMuse
Old Jul 27, 2006, 08:10 AM
Belgium
Joined Apr 2006
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer
I have a Himax 3516-1130 on another foam plane (not Elapor) and have never experienced any vibration after dozens of flights. So I looked back in this thread to see what motors were used when noise was experienced. Of the two that mentioned their motors, one was a Hacker and one was a Kontronik. Has anyone experienced the vibration/noise with the Himax 3516-1130? With this issue being so prevalent, you'd think Multiplex would have noticed it, but they probably only tested with their recommended setup.

Alan
I've got it with the Himax....
kraaijer is offline Find More Posts by kraaijer
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:59 AM
Me likes Depron...
Amsterdam Schiphol, Netherlands
Joined Mar 2003
1,577 Posts
@LaMuse:

Buy yourself a Kontronik Kora 10-14 and APC-E 11x5,5 at www.lindinger.at , you won't be disappointed, for performance see my last posted video...

We had some issues with vibrations too, balancing the prop will do the job

The landinggear is strong enough when you keep your AM under 1100 grams and have the piloting skills...Of course short grass will help a lot.

Peter
Pjotrrr is offline Find More Posts by Pjotrrr
Old Jul 27, 2006, 02:10 PM
Belgium
Joined Apr 2006
106 Posts
I got rid of the vibrations today...
I am ashamed to say that it was my own fault, I had not tightened the motor mount fast enough...

As far as the uc, the mod I did is excellent, no problems anymore.

Ron
Old Jul 27, 2006, 02:43 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMuse
8 posts from Jürgen... well it seems you're back from holidays !
What i now have in it:
- Servo HS-55 (2) from Hitec
- Servo S1311 (2) from Pichler
- 40A ESC (E-Flite BL 40, or eventually JES 40 Plus)
- 13 x 8 folding prop
Can some of our experts here let me know what they think of it ? Is it comparable to the Himax solution ?
I have not even been on holidays yet.

I hardly look in the 3D-Forum and I just started building my AcroMaster.

S1311 for rudder/elevator? You'd better use some bigger servos, this is no Shockflyer.

I would not feel confident with the E-Flite 40A (look what happened to Jeremy)

13x8" folder? I would not use a folder for a model like this, and the prop seems to be much too big - this is not glider.

Why don't you just take the MPX set? Seems to be pretty reasonably priced.

Jürgen
Old Jul 27, 2006, 03:59 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraaijer
I got rid of the vibrations today...
As far as the uc, the mod I did is excellent, no problems anymore.
Ron,

Glad to hear (no pun intended ) that you were able to fix the noise and landing gear issues. What kind of wire did you use for your uc mod? Unlike most of you, I haven't owned a Magister, so this is new to me...

Thanks,

Alan
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:31 PM
Belgium
Joined Apr 2006
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer
Ron,

Glad to hear (no pun intended ) that you were able to fix the noise and landing gear issues. What kind of wire did you use for your uc mod? Unlike most of you, I haven't owned a Magister, so this is new to me...

Thanks,

Alan
Alan,

I used the same wire as is used for the control wires. Need to bend it a little in the middle to get an angle (otherwise it will bother you by dragging through the grass) and bend it at the ends where you can fix it to the main gear.

Somebody posted this mod before with pictures I believe. The gear won't sag as much and you'll find that it actually softens the landing a lot.

Ron
Old Jul 28, 2006, 04:45 AM
Austria - Vienna
Joined Jul 2005
92 Posts
@ Pjotrrr: thanks for your advise. I've seen your video already and am much impressed by the performance of the plane and of the pilot !
I know the lindinger shop. They have indeed much choice and good prices, but i have nerver ordered there yet. But now that i see the Kora for 90 € (costs 115 € by my usual retailer!) i may change my mind ! Did you already ordered there ? Do they have a good service ?
Your configuration is great, but if i adopt it, that would be without the Kontronik ESC (as Jeremy said: 150 € for an ESC is much too much !!!). I would replace it with a JETI 40A+. Should be enough, shouldn't it ?

@ Jürgen:
Danke für die Infos !
Good that i did not buy the motor yet...
Problem is that i cannot put my hand on an Himax ! My retailer told me Multiplex is experiencing a lot of delivery difficulties because of huge demand (no wonder) and it seems small Austria is a secondary market (and no, i won't get into my car and drive 300 km to the border! )
Servo: thanks for the "Hinweis" ! I bought the wrong one, such an i am ! I wanted the S3212 (HS-81 were out of stock)...
Prop: ok, 13x8 is too big. What about an 11x7 ?
Do you think that having a folding prop rather than a classic APC is a problem ?
One last question: CCPhoenix 45A or Jeti 40A+: which one would you consider a better choice for the Himax 3516 or Kora 10-14 W ? (depending which BL i get my hand on first!)
LaMuse is offline Find More Posts by LaMuse
Old Jul 28, 2006, 05:30 AM
Me likes Depron...
Amsterdam Schiphol, Netherlands
Joined Mar 2003
1,577 Posts
Any good 40A controller will do the trick..
My choice for a cheap controller would be the Himodel 40A (only 50 euro) with "switched" BEC. This is a lot like the Kontronik Jazz series: 3A BEC even at 5slipo
www.himodel.com
www.rctechnics.nl

Last one is a Dutch shop, but you can always send him an email in english, he is very fast and reliable...
http://www.rctechnics.nl/product_inf...roducts_id=920
Shop is in Dutch only, but I can help you order over there if you wish

I have good experience with buying at www.lindinger.at and www.der-schweighofer.at
Lindinger seems to be cheaper in shipping cost.
The Kora is 84 euro at www.kd-modelltechnik.de and www.modellbau-bichler.de
These shops are great too. Fast delivery for all mentioned, about 4 to 5 working days...

Prop depends on the motor (kV), the Kora 10-14 needs an 11x5,5
Lots of info on:
http://www.rclineforum.de/forum/thre...htuser=&page=1

As you can read over there some are flying a folding prop too, it's just what you like best.
Pjotrrr is offline Find More Posts by Pjotrrr
Last edited by Pjotrrr; Jul 28, 2006 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:31 PM
Hold my beer and watch this!
Northern IL
Joined Oct 2005
2,380 Posts
LaMuse, you could order the Himax motor from www.allerc.com. I believe Jürgen has ordered from them and has had good luck. Also, I believe the price is good even after shipping to Europe.
Jeremy Z is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Z
Old Jul 28, 2006, 02:48 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Hey all,

I just wanted to post and let you know that Multiplex USA is expecting the Acro Masters sometime in Sept. We have 3 up and flying now and are very impressed using the recommended Himaxx 3516-1130 motor on a 11x5.5 prop and 3S Lipos. We will also carry the power pack which will include the Himaxx motor, CC 45A ESC, hub, and APC prop. Price TBA.

AUW is 32oz (920g) with 2100's and 35oz with 3200s. The model definately 3D's better with the lighter battery.

Here's my set up:

Motor: Himaxx 3516-1130
Prop: 11x5.5
Battery: Impulse 2100 (16c)
ESC: CC Phoenix 45
Receiver: Electron 6
Servos: HS-65MG (Ailerons) MPX Polo Digi 4 (Ele/rud)
AUW: 32oz (920g)

Mike.
MikeMayberry is online now Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Last edited by MikeMayberry; Jul 28, 2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 02:50 PM
Pro Bro #1008
USA, TX, Weatherford
Joined Sep 2003
4,676 Posts
Good Grief..! look what the cat dragged in..!! Mayberry in da house..!!
birdie_in_texas is offline Find More Posts by birdie_in_texas