DannyR is offline Find More Posts by DannyR
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2007, 08:21 PM
Olympia, WA
Joined May 2005
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Ditto on the elevator control. I'm not a 3D flier and I found the elevator to be way to sensitive for my liking. I just tuned down the throw until it won't snap with full up elevator applied. I like my setups like this for those panic 'oh my gawd, I'm gunna hit the ground' moments. I absolutely love my AM and wouldn't hesitate to replace it if I ever did destroy it. I'm also drooling over the MPX Gemini as it hits the LHS.
How much EXPO and how much D/R are you using on the elevator. This thing is really sensitive. I just moved the control line to the outer most hole on the servo arm to try and get better control. The control line is in the outer most hole on the elevator horn as well.

Danny
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:13 AM
Tenerife,Canary Islands
Joined May 2004
1,667 Posts
AM all red is calling for big ORACLE Stickers . The letter style is so simple that you can even do with a knife . I use corel draw to print the letters then I taped over vynil for stickers and cut myself , cheaper and usually faster as the vinyl men are always full of work.

Juan.
chichisport is offline Find More Posts by chichisport
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:38 AM
Olympia, WA
Joined May 2005
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichisport
AM all red is calling for big ORACLE Stickers . The letter style is so simple that you can even do with a knife . I use corel draw to print the letters then I taped over vynil for stickers and cut myself , cheaper and usually faster as the vinyl men are always full of work.

Juan.
I suppose you are right. However, my daughter-n-law says I need a Snoopy figure on it. She calls it the "Red Baron".

Danny
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:34 PM
Olympia, WA
Joined May 2005
496 Posts
Flew my Acro again this morning. There was no wind so it was perfect for trimming flights. I adjusted the CG from 120 mm to 110 mm and the extreme sensitivity to elevator input was reduced significantly. Now I can work on adjusting the thrust alignment. The Acro still wants to rise a little and pulls to the left a little on application of full throttle. I have added a little down and to the right thrust but haven't had a chance to test. Hopefully I will have some time and the wind will be calm again.

With the change in CG I have notice the Acro doesn't float as much when I bring it in for a landing, so the average landing speed has gone up, but not by much.

Danny
Old Aug 20, 2007, 03:55 PM
Tenerife,Canary Islands
Joined May 2004
1,667 Posts
Here in summer there is a lot of wind , I will wait september to try but have a few tricks to try to detune the oversensibility of the elevator, running the elevator directly from the rear is quite better in this department , rudder is not that sensitive 0 expo on mine.
Floating in landing is caused for not having enough up trust when flying with the rear Cg position .Stock adjusment is for a very forward CG, wich helps a lot to detune the elevator .
The MPX manual call for a very fine way of adjusting everything .

I agree Snoopy red baron is cool.
chichisport is offline Find More Posts by chichisport
Old Aug 20, 2007, 04:31 PM
Joined Jan 2007
88 Posts
I cant believe this cat. . .

The frigging cat found the box, opened it, dug under the sticker sheet, tore through the bubble wrap, and got a hold of the inboard wing. Chewed the crap out of the leading edge.

This frigging cat is reallllllly something. Pees on my rug, pukes on my carpet, eats my airplane. . . TWICE.

I think I am going to pick up a supersquirter and my new hobby will involve squirting the cat in the butt every time I see it.

Looks like I will be gluing in the wings for sure now. Cat only ate the front so it will still pressure fit but not perfect.

-Patrick
methods is offline Find More Posts by methods
Old Aug 20, 2007, 04:50 PM
Slidell, LA, USA
Joined Nov 2002
710 Posts
For crap's sake man.... KILL THAT DAMN CAT!!!!!

Get a noble animal like a dog. Put what's left of the cat over fried rice with some Hot & Sor sauce.
woketman is offline Find More Posts by woketman
Old Aug 20, 2007, 06:55 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,076 Posts
Well...maybe not kill and eat the cat...but JESH!!! Stupid Cat!!!! FWIW, I had a 'noble' dog that loved balsa wood...especially stacked ribs. Yum, yum... My current dog and cat (yes, I have both) love to come in the hobby room and watch, but neither try to touch anything...lucky for them.

Now...fix your AM (again) and fly before the cat eats the rest.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2007, 02:32 PM
Aaaala Baaama
Joined Sep 2004
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastdave
Anyone receive the laser cut mounts yet? Just curious on the FFF (Form, Fit, Function)

Thanks,
Dave
Hey Dave,

I received my set. Fit of the sides is perfect in the fuse halves of mine. I modded mine to use the plastic motor mounts and plastic sides (to retain adjustability), so I did not use the cross brace or end mounts. I did dry fit everything and it all looked great though.

I'm not finished yet, but the fuse is buttoned up and is very sturdy without significant weight gain. I mounted R/E servos aft, so I suspect and weight and balance concerns will be insignificant.

Chuck (in Aaaala Baaama)
chuckand is offline Find More Posts by chuckand
Old Aug 21, 2007, 03:37 PM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Joined May 2006
1,259 Posts
chuckand,

Do you have any pictures of how you did your mount? I was thinking the exact same thing. I received my mount from littlebirdz but I want to use the German Engineered thrust adjustments.

If no pictures, can you describe how you did it??

Thanks,

FO4
Fatherof4 is offline Find More Posts by Fatherof4
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:02 PM
Olympia, WA
Joined May 2005
496 Posts
Finished Trim

Finished trimming my Acro out this afternoon. It flies very well now. The sensitivity to elevator input was significantly reduced by using a CG of 110 mm. I can use 70% throws with 30% expo now with no problems. I did notice a little roll out to the right when doing multiple rolls to the right. So, I have programmed 5% differential, but haven't tried it yet. The previous setting was 0% differential.

Danny
Old Aug 22, 2007, 05:53 AM
Best Pilots Use Simulators!
Chichester Sussex
Joined Aug 2007
2,180 Posts
Acromaster / Servos

Hi all,
Anybody had any problems with Servo's on the Ailerons, the LHS didn't have any Multiplex ones in stock so sent me E-Flight S75's which lasted one and a half batteries, I then tried a pair of cheapish ones I had myslef they lasted 1 battery, the LHS sold me some more Blue Birds BMS 373BB which again lasted one and a half batteries. I wnet to another Hobby store to make sure I'd set it up right and they said it was fine but the Servo's probably weren't man enough for the job as it was a large control surface to move and sold me Hites S65's which I've now had about 12 / 15 flights with no problems. The original store I bought them from are saying that I obviously did something wrong and won't refund me, I think they sold me something not fit for the purpose for which they were sold and in which case should be an immediate refund, anybody else had similar problems at all feedback would be appreciated.
The whole time the Mutiplex ones they sent me for the Elevator and Rudder have been absolutley fine.
Witterings is online now Find More Posts by Witterings
Old Aug 22, 2007, 06:58 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
The AcroMaster is tough on servo's, no question! All the surfaces are large, and they are easily moved when handling, transport, etc.

I lost a cheapie on the rudder. Went to an HS-81... no problem.

Using the suggested servos is a good idea. If you substitute them, you might just get what you pay for.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:33 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,076 Posts
Yep...I used HS-81s all the way around...no problems. I had to enlarge the cutouts a little for them to fit, but that was easy to do and I secured them in with hot glue.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member