Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 12, 2007, 07:17 PM
Joined Dec 2004
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer
Joe,

I actually tried that but it was grayed out. I, too, have found that to work in the past. I wonder if it being grayed out may be the same reason why it isn't working for me? From the lack of responses, this must be a unique issue for me, so I'll work with my computer friends on it.

Thanks,

Alan
Hi Alan! Yeah, sounds like something unique you have going on. I wonder if this other site would help? I have it posted over there, too, with some pics:

http://www.teamflyingcirkus.com/foru...ead.php?t=1556
Joe Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Joe Hunt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:40 AM
Irvine, Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoe
Tony, Select "Multiplex' under 'Brand' and hit 'Search"

http://www.acehobby.co.nz/OSSB2/Root...ategory=Air-EP

Hope this helps:-)
Thank you for the information

Tony
ModelTony is offline Find More Posts by ModelTony
Old Jan 14, 2007, 04:26 AM
F3P/F3A flyer
Emmeloord
Joined Sep 2004
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTony
About 39amps is about average at full power with this motor prop combination.

Tony
ok

nextweek i`m i want to buy this one
raymon is offline Find More Posts by raymon
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:26 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Here's a short video I made last weekend, with a "less than perfect" first landing. Not all the decals are on either I've yet to discover all that this plane is capable of. It sure likes to spin, though!

Acro Master

Ronnie
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
Old Jan 14, 2007, 04:30 PM
Central PA
Joined Dec 2005
1,496 Posts
Nice stuff Ronnie, thanks for sharing.
TommyB is offline Find More Posts by TommyB
Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:43 PM
C.H.E.A.P.
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2005
1,341 Posts
I love watching her "stall in" for a landing. Such a floater. Flies like a big shockie. MM IS the man!
MICKEL is offline Find More Posts by MICKEL
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Inverza33
Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:53 PM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnron1
Here's a short video I made last weekend, with a "less than perfect" first landing. Not all the decals are on either I've yet to discover all that this plane is capable of. It sure likes to spin, though!

Acro Master

Ronnie
Ronnie,

Nice flying buddy!! I would have to agree that the AM looks like a real floater, especially with the little bit of wind you had. Were you trying to fly inverted flat spins? If so it looks like your cg could be pushed back some or maybe increase your 3D rates to get some additional throws. I look forward to seeing your finished review on this one.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:57 AM
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Thanks Tim and all,

I promise to get some really decent video for the review. I agree Tim, I plan to move the battery back and increase my high rate throws. I've heard that 125mm is about the CG limit, so I may give that a try. It really amazes me how this 33oz plane slows to a crawl, yet it rolls and snaps like a Mini Funtana. The wing loading is a huge plus.

Ronnie
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:38 PM
TEAM FUTABA TEAM DURALITE
Joined Nov 2004
742 Posts
So what is the Schiznik prop for the Rimfire_35-48-1300kV outrunner on 2170 3S LiPo????

I may run this system...

thanks
mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by mithrandir
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:15 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Motor wires

For those using the Himax motor, be careful how you mount it or you may end up with bare wires that shorted against the outrunner casing like mine. In the attached picture, you can see how the insulation on the wires was worn off (left circle) because it was touching the rotating outrunner which has sharp edges (right circle). To avoid this situation, mount the motor so the wires come out the bottom and tack them to the side (I just used tape). If the wires come out the top, there is very little room and they naturally want to rest on the motor.

The symptoms of this were strange. I would be flying along fine and towards the end of the battery life, the motor would make an odd sound and it would cut off and on momentarily and randomly. When I removed the motor, it worked fine (no shorting then). When I inspected it closer, I saw gray dust in the spinner and knew something was rubbing. That's when I spotted the wires. Fortunately, my CC Phoenix didn't get damaged. I think this is more of a problem for the Himax motor because of the sharp edges on the moving part of the outrunner, but suspect you could eventually see this on other outrunners, too.
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Last edited by TexasFlyer; Jan 20, 2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:06 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,003 Posts
Texasflyer

Thats a really great tip.That will save a bunch of planes from crashing . Thanks
Dragon 2 is offline Find More Posts by Dragon 2
Old Jan 20, 2007, 04:26 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
Wow! That is amazing how gently it just floats in from watching Ronnie's video. Thanks for putting that up! I'm getting ready to maiden my AM today.
thomer is offline Find More Posts by thomer
Old Jan 20, 2007, 05:16 PM
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Hi thomer,

Thanks very much! Good luck on the maiden, I hope it is a big success, I know it will be! I hope to finish the AM review next weekend, still waiting on some clear weather for some more video

Ronnie
Old Jan 20, 2007, 07:45 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
Thanks Ronnie...just got back from the maiden on the AcroMaster. Woo Hoo! What a sweet ride! My setup is a Torque 2830-1095, Phoenix 35, TP 3s 2100 Prolite, HS-65's for ailerons and HS-81's for rudder and elevator.I had an APC 11x5.5 since I didn't have a 12x6 on hand. I balanced mine at 120mm from the leading edge of the wing. I have had the plane for about a month and a half. It was all done except the little wimpy hot glue gun I used to glue in the servos wasn't hot enough to securely glue the servos to the elapor. Bought a high temp glue gun today and this time it worked great. Those servos aren't going anywhere now.

Did a ground check and found I had the motor reversed. Quick swapping of 2 wires fixed that. All control surfaces were good. Power up! Plane took off within 25 feet and straight up she went! Not ballistic, but plenty of power. I know when I switch to a 12x6, it will be even more spectacular. This plane does NOT feel like a 2 pound+ plane at all! I was amazed at how easy it was to fly and it is a total floater! I had a lot of throw and it was very responsive, actually too much. So I was very gentle and easy on the sticks. I heard someone on Ronnie's video say, "it sure likes to spin" and yes it does! Very fast axial rolls. Very tight loops with lots of elevator throw. I'm still working on 3D moves, and I can tell this plane is going to help me learn them even faster. I was able to hover for a few seconds, and I tried some harriers. Need to dial in some expo because the fingers get real squirrely when trying to fly 3D.

When I first read how "heavy" the AM was, I was a bit hesitant to buy it because I was thinking "it's going to need a lot of speed and it's going to hurt if it comes down." I have a lot of planes in my fleet, and this one has the lightest flying feel of all of them. Very similar feel to my 14 ounce Wing Warrior Straight Edge foamy. Honest.

Flew for about 10 minutes, and circled a few times preparing for landing. I had it at around 1/4 throttle and kept thinking it was going to stall, and it never did. So I tried a dead stick landing, and it glided in like a gentle sailplane. Unbelievable! Battery was barely warm.

It's a keeper, it's a winner, I love it. It's going to be my new "bring to the field everytime" plane. Glad I have a truck...it only fits in the bed!
thomer is offline Find More Posts by thomer
Last edited by thomer; Jan 20, 2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 08:16 PM
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Thomer,

That's great news, man! Sounds like you had the exact same experience I did. I had WAY too much throw(especially high rates) and not enough expo on my maiden flight, but it's set perfectly now. And call me crazy, but as a buddy observed about his, I feel more "connected" to it with the new DX7 system.

Again, congratulations thomer!

Ronnie