HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2007, 05:58 PM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
It's the same plane, although the trim required isn't the same.

Another pic:
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2007, 06:25 PM
F3P/F3A flyer
Emmeloord
Joined Sep 2004
73 Posts

are there anny sugestions for the engine?
i must buy the engine and the regelaar and batery

is the Himax setup ok?

greeds raymon
raymon is offline Find More Posts by raymon
Old Jan 06, 2007, 02:06 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Raymon:

Though there are many motor/battery/prop combinations mentioned in the thread that work well, everyone who has tried the recommended set up (Himax motor, CC Phoenix 45 ESC, 3S1P 2100, & 11x5.5 prop) seems to like it. I think we would have seen more of the recommended setups used, but many were not finding the Himax motor in stock at one point.

Alan
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Old Jan 06, 2007, 02:16 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Attaching the Landing Gear

I have a landing gear attachment question. In the instructions, the wording seemed pretty clear that we are to dry insert the plastic LG mount into the foam first, then put a bead of CA where the plastic meets the foam. I can only presume that they suggest this to protect the foam in case of a really hard landing, making repair easy (re-insert and re-bead). Surprisingly, this has held up nicely for weeks of landings until today. It was fairly windy and I decided to harrier land. It seemed to be a fairly gentle landing, but the plastic LG mount popped right off - didn't even bounce. The good news is that the repair is really quick/simple and no real damage was done (just a few millimeters of foam stuck to the plastic). I'd like for it to be more robust than this.

What has everyone else attached the LG?
a) Dry fitting with a bead of CA?
b) CAing the entire plastic piece to the foam? Does this pull away too much foam in a hard landing?
c) How about using UHU POR on the entire mount/foam connection? I would guess that it would flex on harder landings, but not break off as easily.

Thanks for letting me know what has worked for you and what you recommend.

Alan
Old Jan 06, 2007, 02:19 PM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,036 Posts
b)

Mike
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Old Jan 06, 2007, 02:35 PM
Just south of Cambridge, UK
Joined Oct 2003
982 Posts
id agree, i used B. Never had a problem, untill the little clip that holds it in broke, and i lose the UC when i did a blender
edible_engine is offline Find More Posts by edible_engine
Old Jan 07, 2007, 06:30 AM
F3P/F3A flyer
Emmeloord
Joined Sep 2004
73 Posts
I have found a shop where I can buy him in the Netherlands.
But I want know or I with that everything can think what you?
I want only with 1800mAh 3s fly

there is someone who measures table has of the engine?
raymon is offline Find More Posts by raymon
Old Jan 07, 2007, 08:27 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon
I have found a shop where I can buy him in the Netherlands.
But I want know or I with that everything can think what you?
I want only with 1800mAh 3s fly

there is someone who measures table has of the engine?
Raymon,

If you do "Search this thread" and enter "1800", you'll find others that have used an 1800mAh battery, like Blucor Basher. From using a 2100, I suspect that your flight times will be pretty low unless you prop down to a 10 inch prop which may make 3D flying difficult.

Alan
Old Jan 09, 2007, 05:25 PM
aka Schleppmeister
PA
Joined Feb 2006
1,930 Posts
I will be using an AXI2820/10. What would be the run time on a 3-cell 2500mAh Lipo, and on a 3300 3-cell Lipo? I am concerned with weight and price of the higher pack. Thanks
iflytailies is online now Find More Posts by iflytailies
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: S.E.5a Cockpit
Old Jan 09, 2007, 06:43 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,364 Posts
According the on calculators, the 2820-10, 11x6 APC, on 3-cells will pull (WOT) ~35 amps....<5 minutes WOT flying. My guess would be you'd get ~8 minutes with throttle control on the 3300 and ~6 on the 2500. Of course your flying times may be more or less depending on weight and throttle control.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2007, 08:07 PM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Well I still think this is one great plane, however I HATE DECALS. I think putting on the decals took me longer than the assembly and I still ruined one of them.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Old Jan 09, 2007, 09:36 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,060 Posts
I agree on the decals. I bought a airbrush and plan on pulling the decals as soon as I can come up with some cool design.
Dragon 2 is online now Find More Posts by Dragon 2
Old Jan 09, 2007, 10:07 PM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer
What has everyone else attached the LG?
I just smeared some Goop on the mount and shoved it into the foam. It's rock solid but in retrospect, I wished I hadn't even used the supplied LG or mount. It's just too flexy-bendy for me.

If I was to do it all over again, I'd glue a 4-5" 1/8 ply plate with a couple of blind nuts in it to the bottom of the plane and bolt a CF or aluminum LG to the plate with 8-32 nylon screws.

The nylon screws are pretty tough, but a hard landing will shear them.

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:08 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
According the on calculators, the 2820-10, 11x6 APC, on 3-cells will pull (WOT) ~35 amps....<5 minutes WOT flying. My guess would be you'd get ~8 minutes with throttle control on the 3300 and ~6 on the 2500. Of course your flying times may be more or less depending on weight and throttle control.
These figures are pretty pessimistic.

With the recommended drive, I measures the following figures:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=373

And during a 10 minute flight, I consumed only approx. 1600mAh:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=352

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:32 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
I can attest to what Jurgen quoted. I ran through 3 batteries today using the Himax motor. On the newer batteries, I averaged about 8 minutes using up 1350mAH of my TP2100s with moderate acrobatic flying (half throttle level, 3/4 throttle for loops, etc). Extrapolating to a 1600mAH (about all you'd want to take out of an 1800 with some spare power left over), you'd get 9.5 minutes. With the lighter weight of the 1800's and with gentle flying, you should be able to get 10 minutes or a little more.