SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2007, 06:36 PM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Arbo,

Looking good, I like those Maxx products wheels!

Ronnie
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2007, 06:42 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,064 Posts
Arbo

Hey thanks for posting those. I didnt know you took those pics. I flew it again today.Still in one piece. LOL
Dragon 2 is offline Find More Posts by Dragon 2
Old Jan 03, 2007, 06:45 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,064 Posts
dawnron1

I fly alot off of rough surfaces and snow and the MPI 3" wheels makes it much eaiser.
Old Jan 03, 2007, 06:47 PM
Armchair QB
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2006
55 Posts
severetitan is offline Find More Posts by severetitan
Last edited by severetitan; Jan 03, 2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2007, 06:55 PM
Armchair QB
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2006
55 Posts
Hi All,

I just maidened my AcroMaster today, & everything went well (meaning that I got it home in one piece ). This is my first 3D plane and I haven't been exposed to 3D that much. Any tips for what I should be trying to do with this thing. Of course I'm still getting used to how reponsive it is. After a few flights I want to slowly begin to learn 3D. How did everyone else start? Any particular moves that I should be looking up and trying/practicing?

Also- it is hard for me to tell if my CG is right. Should this plane be balanced right side up? Seems like the slightest move rocks it forward/back when I'm trying to get the CG set.

Thanks for any help.
severetitan is offline Find More Posts by severetitan
Old Jan 03, 2007, 07:46 PM
SD_Raptor
San Deigo, CA
Joined Mar 2006
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
Yeah, that thing flies like a champ. Here's some pic's.

Wow, love how white your sand is there

Enjoy!

Randy
SD_Raptor is offline Find More Posts by SD_Raptor
Old Jan 04, 2007, 06:18 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,641 Posts
Use CG from 11 to 12 cm when upright and supported near the fuse.

at 11cm the AM fly very well, at 11,5 3D is easier, but I return to 11cm and stay there till the mid-air collisition.
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Old Jan 04, 2007, 10:40 AM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
I started assembly of my AcroMaster last night......I spent 4 hours on it and all I have left to do is the main wing final installation of the motor and put on the decals.

I am amazed at the engineering of this kit, Multiplex has out done itself.

This kit is so easy I think if you had someone to stand there and pour a little CA you could shake up the box pour out the parts and a finished plane would hit the ground. WOW!
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Old Jan 04, 2007, 11:14 AM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin
This kit is so easy I think if you had someone to stand there and pour a little CA you could shake up the box pour out the parts and a finished plane would hit the ground. WOW!
LOL...couldnt agree more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin
I am amazed at the engineering of this kit, Multiplex has out done itself.
...agree with that too...makes you wonder what they will do next...
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Jan 04, 2007, 12:30 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,064 Posts
I agree, If I can do it , it has to be easy. I'm a poor builder and I pulled it off.LOL
Old Jan 05, 2007, 01:32 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmralves
Use CG from 11 to 12 cm when upright and supported near the fuse.

at 11cm the AM fly very well, at 11,5 3D is easier, but I return to 11cm and stay there till the mid-air collisition.
I had very different results when balancing the plane upright vs up-side-down, both when using a "CG Machine" and the good 'ole finger method. I put the balancer/fingers as close to the fuse as possible. When balancing upright (canopy up), I had to add a ounce+ to the nose to balance it at 11cm. That just didn't seem right since I'm using the recommended motor and TP2100s. When I tried it up-side-down, it balanced perfectly with my battery at the bottom of the ramp. It flys great balanced like this. At 11cm, I found that inverted flight needed too much elevator, but 11.5cm works nicely.
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Old Jan 05, 2007, 07:35 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Hello all,

I've never tried a really decent flat spin until yesterday afternoon when I was flying my AM with a flying buddy who showed me what he cosiders the proper technique(power off, full left rudder, full up elevator). He was truly impressed with the upright/inverted flat spins I was able to do, me, on my first attempt! Verrrryy slow and graceful, and a very easy recovery. This plane continues to bring a huge smile every time I fly it, just wish the LHS's around here would start carrying them!

Ronnie
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
Old Jan 05, 2007, 09:34 AM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,064 Posts
Texasflyer

I had the same results. Upside down balancing seems like the way to go.Mine flys great that way.No weight added either.
Old Jan 05, 2007, 03:00 PM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,641 Posts
Acromaster Re-born

My AM touched again with the rudder in the ground today, i.e. it's flying and doing 3D again
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Old Jan 05, 2007, 04:06 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,064 Posts
Wow if thats the same plane you did a great job repairing it. We got snowed in so no flying for a few days