HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2006, 07:47 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hunt
Well, I guess I'm the flyer formerly known as DOD Joe Hunt.
Just not the same without ya Joe

Nice to see ya over here though most definitely

Brian
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:04 PM
Joined Dec 2004
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik
Just not the same without ya Joe

Nice to see ya over here though most definitely

Brian
Thanks, thanks! But I don't wanna sidetrack the thread. This plane... everyone has to get one! Of all the planes I've ever had, or seen, this one is the "the one" that everyone has to have... definitely! It's more solid, stable, forgiving, and locked in... while being extremely maneuverable... than any plane, probably under 100cc that I have flown. Either I love this plane because I'm getting better, or I'm getting better because I love this plane.
Joe Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Joe Hunt
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:04 PM
Joined Dec 2004
13 Posts
Oh, and I will try to post some videos in the next month.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:43 PM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon 3D
3S2P 4200mah pack....what!!!

Simon

Iam running the stock Himax motor set -up, the best pack ive found, which on 12x6 APC-E is un-real is the TP Extreme 2070mah 3S1P, auw with that pack is 980 grams and at that weight the plane feels superb in both Stalled aeros and F3A patterns.
Just got my new Acromaster today.....I mostly fly giant-scale gassers, EZ* for FPV, and helis.....but I do love Multiplex planes! Can't wait to get this one up. My plan is to use an existing AXI 2808-20 outrunner or Eflite BL-480 outrunner and 40A ESC I have laying around, plus TP2100 3S, and 4 Hitec HS-81s. Does this sound like a potentially good setup?.....and if so, what prop would you recommend? The AM box indicates an APC 11x5.5E. I can't remember if it is the "E" props or the slo-fly props that have the extremely thin tips, but I don't like them and want to go with the non-thin-tip prop. Any suggestions about my proposed set up? By the way, how do you guys get those nice color/trim schemes on Elapor foam? Are they trim sheets or paint or what? If they are paint, what brand do you use that is available in the USA? I tried painting the tips on one of my EZ* and it seems to cause the flattend Elapor balls on the surface to swell up and separate and made an ugly looking situation. I later heard that it is the propellant (not the actual paint) that caused this problem. Any suggrestions on how to paint or do a nice trim scheme on Acromaster and/or EZ* ?
Thx...
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:17 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
I don't know about your proposed motor setup, but I painted my AM with Krylon Fusion. The key with any paint on the elapor is several light coats instead of a single heavy coat. Spray the paint from as far away as practical--supposedly this allows some of the solvent to evaporate as it is sprayed.

Good luck!
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Dec 23, 2006, 04:38 AM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,389 Posts
I'm loving my Acromaster. Several guys at my club have got one after seeing me fly mine.

Wish Multiplex would make a 1.8 metre version. That would really rock! Dont understand why there are no big foamy full fuse kits out there.
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Dec 23, 2006, 04:28 PM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Guys,

I flew the AM again this morning and then let my buddies Mike and Wendell have a turn while I snapped some pics. They we very impressed!

Ronnie
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
Old Dec 23, 2006, 08:32 PM View Post
Joe__Hunt
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). It is temporarily hidden while Joe__Hunt edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:40 PM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe__Hunt
One thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't roll right very well. To the left is just so much linearer but rolling to the right, well... that's a different story.
This suggests to me that you have a problem somewhere. My AM will roll at least as fast as my 27" 9.25oz StevensAero Dystraction and the rolls are very axial in both directions.

I do have aileron differential programmed in my TX but I leave it turned off 'cause it's not necessary and has a detrimental effect on inverted flight.

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:24 AM
Joined Dec 2004
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGR
This suggests to me that you have a problem somewhere. My AM will roll at least as fast as my 27" 9.25oz StevensAero Dystraction and the rolls are very axial in both directions.

I do have aileron differential programmed in my TX but I leave it turned off 'cause it's not necessary and has a detrimental effect on inverted flight.

Pete
Hi Pete... yeah, it rolls great right and left (I'll post a vid soon)... that message about rolling right was from a troll who signed up with a name as similar to mine as he could. Sorry about that, goes with the territory.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:35 AM View Post
Joe__Hunt
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:07 AM
Joined Oct 2006
17 Posts
Modification

Here's my nose-job.

Two 3 mm carbon-rods zapped in at both sides. Works good so far!

The noise is also reduced. It vibrates no longer.
filtvet is offline Find More Posts by filtvet
Old Dec 24, 2006, 08:00 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,638 Posts
Did you use tubular CF rods or flat CF rod??

TIA
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Old Dec 24, 2006, 09:07 AM
Joined Oct 2006
17 Posts
Tubular, in a groove in the elapor.
filtvet is offline Find More Posts by filtvet
Old Dec 24, 2006, 01:15 PM
Tenerife,Canary Islands
Joined May 2004
1,669 Posts
Nice solution , it seems that not all fuses comes equally rigid . You can try to put the tubes inside the elapor . A sharpened antenna tube makes a wonderfull tool for holes in soft material like this , depron , balsa and turned in a power tool can drill even 1/4 ply with perfect edges .
chichisport is offline Find More Posts by chichisport