Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:36 PM
Tampa, Florida
Joined Jun 2006
524 Posts
Important!!!!!!! Scam Astist Alert!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexflyr
What is the fastest(mph) can this plane go on the power 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop aiding a thief!!! You guys are giving advice and answering questions to "Trexflyr" who has ripped off 3 rcgroups members. Please check his recent merchandise he scammmed us with!!! He is a cancer to this forum.
flashprash65 is offline Find More Posts by flashprash65
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:53 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
9,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashprash65
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop aiding a thief!!! You guys are giving advice and answering questions to "Trexflyr" who has ripped off 3 rcgroups members. Please check his recent merchandise he scammmed us with!!! He is a cancer to this forum.
I don't think anybody answered his question. Kinduv a ridiculous one for a foam 3Der

Here's the warning if anybody cares to read -
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...63#post6586462
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: NEW Products GALORE!!
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:16 PM
Tenerife,Canary Islands
Joined May 2004
1,673 Posts
Surely those guys stink.

About elapor , I think because of the shape of the balls that this material is a basf product called neopolen p.
http://www2.basf.de/basf2/html/plast.../neopolenp.htm

Being expanded balls , the outer layer is formed by smashed balls . Too much heat or any solvent that loose the connection between balls and you get the ugly shape of some canopys .......
chichisport is offline Find More Posts by chichisport
Old Dec 22, 2006, 02:02 AM
Joined Dec 2004
13 Posts
Man, this plane...

I have mixed emotions about posting about this plane... on the one hand I really think everyone needs one (and however many spares required to always have one RTF), and needs one bad -- so I really would feel remiss for not spreading the word. On the other hand I want to be reticent so as to keep this little secret for myself. lol

You see this thing flies just like my mod'ed plane on AFPD... just as bigga' flight envelope and just as forgiving... and confidence building. So, my flying is really getting alot better. Kinda wondering if I want to let anyone have the same fun and advantage, or not. lol
Joe Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Joe Hunt
Old Dec 22, 2006, 03:32 AM
Irvine, Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichisport
About elapor , I think because of the shape of the balls that this material is a basf product called neopolen p.
http://www2.basf.de/basf2/html/plast.../neopolenp.htm

Being expanded balls , the outer layer is formed by smashed balls . Too much heat or any solvent that loose the connection between balls and you get the ugly shape of some canopys .......
Probably not otherwise the parts list for the aircraft would not specify EPP for certain parts only.

I suspect that Elapor is Arcel

http://www.novachem.com/ARCEL/science/index.cfm

Robbe use the name for the material used on their foam models.

Tony
ModelTony is offline Find More Posts by ModelTony
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:38 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
I understand your position, Joe

I maidened mine yesterday and am AMAZED at the flight envelope this plane has! What a rock-solid flier, it grooves so well, rolls are perfectly axial and REALLY fast(we counted 3 a second on high rates ) my buddy Mike Llewellyn even said "I feel really bad for those servos" ) and it slows down to "putt around" speed. And I was using a big TP 3S2P 4200 pack! I do plan to try some 3S1P 2200 20C packs this weekend, which should save me about 2oz of weight. I hope the lighter pack won't cause me any CG issues! A couple of Saturdays ago I picked Ben of 3DHobbyShop's(blucorbasher) brain and he siad the lighter pack is definitely the way to go.

Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hunt
Man, this plane...

I have mixed emotions about posting about this plane... on the one hand I really think everyone needs one (and however many spares required to always have one RTF), and needs one bad -- so I really would feel remiss for not spreading the word. On the other hand I want to be reticent so as to keep this little secret for myself. lol

You see this thing flies just like my mod'ed plane on AFPD... just as bigga' flight envelope and just as forgiving... and confidence building. So, my flying is really getting alot better. Kinda wondering if I want to let anyone have the same fun and advantage, or not. lol
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
Last edited by dawnron1; Dec 22, 2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 09:17 AM
How low can you Go??
England
Joined May 2004
94 Posts
3S2P 4200mah pack....what!!!

Simon

Iam running the stock Himax motor set -up, the best pack ive found, which on 12x6 APC-E is un-real is the TP Extreme 2070mah 3S1P, auw with that pack is 980 grams and at that weight the plane feels superb in both Stalled aeros and F3A patterns.
simon 3D is offline Find More Posts by simon 3D
Old Dec 22, 2006, 09:28 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Hi Simon,

Is the pack all the way forward in the battery compartment, i.e., "all the way down in the hole"?

Thanks!

Ronnie
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
Old Dec 22, 2006, 09:46 AM
How low can you Go??
England
Joined May 2004
94 Posts
No the pack is sitting at the bottom on the slope.....here are a few pics from this morning..... just a little foggy
simon 3D is offline Find More Posts by simon 3D
Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:55 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
967 Posts
I really like the finish on this one. It looks great.
TRuss is offline Find More Posts by TRuss
Old Dec 22, 2006, 03:21 PM
SHP: Super Harrier Practice
FRANCE
Joined Jun 2006
150 Posts
it looks great!!!
but fly with fog must be difficult!!!
Zeke_val is offline Find More Posts by Zeke_val
Old Dec 22, 2006, 04:57 PM
Tenerife,Canary Islands
Joined May 2004
1,673 Posts
Can be arcel also , but I donīt think so . Being similar in properties had to be similar in composition .
chichisport is offline Find More Posts by chichisport
Old Dec 22, 2006, 05:03 PM
Joined Dec 2004
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnron1
I understand your position, Joe

I maidened mine yesterday and am AMAZED at the flight envelope this plane has! What a rock-solid flier, it grooves so well, rolls are perfectly axial and REALLY fast(we counted 3 a second on high rates ) my buddy Mike Llewellyn even said "I feel really bad for those servos" ) and it slows down to "putt around" speed. And I was using a big TP 3S2P 4200 pack! I do plan to try some 3S1P 2200 20C packs this weekend, which should save me about 2oz of weight. I hope the lighter pack won't cause me any CG issues! A couple of Saturdays ago I picked Ben of 3DHobbyShop's(blucorbasher) brain and he siad the lighter pack is definitely the way to go.

Ronnie
Hi Ronnie! Congrats! It is as you described! I put 10 flights on mine today in about 2 hours time. I was in a t-shirt and shorts with bright sunshine and no wind... just loving life! This plane is just great!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 07:08 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
967 Posts
Are you DOD Joe Hunt?
TRuss is offline Find More Posts by TRuss
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:36 PM
Joined Dec 2004
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss
Are you DOD Joe Hunt?
Well, I guess I'm the flyer formerly known as DOD Joe Hunt.