SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 07, 2001, 01:35 AM
Australia
Joined May 2001
56 Posts
Alpha Jet

Any suggestions on the building of the Weometec Alpha Jet? I have the kit with the Mini Fan and still to decide on a motor, I am thinking of a 17 turn buggy motor with variable timing (Brushless might be a little expensive) and 7-8 Cells.
sbarrow is offline Find More Posts by sbarrow
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2001, 02:11 AM
Stockholm Bromma, Sweden
Joined Mar 2000
141 Posts
Flew mine with the 90 mm fan and a Ultra 930-6 and a 10 cell RC2000 battery. Flew greate until I tried to fly through a tree. 12 cells would be even better but to keep the CG in the right spot one will hjave to put reciever and rx battery in the nose. The junktion of the nose to the rest of the fuselage, just in front of the fan could use some carbon reinforcement.

Christer Laherstedt
Haninge, Sweden
Christer Lagerstedt is offline Find More Posts by Christer Lagerstedt
Old May 07, 2001, 02:13 AM
Stockholm Bromma, Sweden
Joined Mar 2000
141 Posts
Flew mine with the 90 mm fan and a Ultra 930-6 and a 10 cell RC2000 battery. Flew greate until I tried to fly through a tree. 12 cells would be even better but to keep the CG in the right spot one will have to put reciever and rx battery in the nose. The junktion of the nose to the rest of the fuselage, just in front of the fan could use some carbon reinforcement.

Christer Lagerstedt
Haninge, Sweden
Christer Lagerstedt is offline Find More Posts by Christer Lagerstedt
Old May 07, 2001, 02:13 AM
p471701
n/a Posts
http://www.ezonemag.com/cgi-bin/alis...uery=alpha+jet
has lot's of info................gregg
Old May 07, 2001, 10:13 AM
Willich / Germany
Joined Nov 1998
549 Posts
The right fan for the Alpha Jet is the Midi Fan. Mini Fan 480 won´t fit.

Originally the model was intended for 7-8 cells and a buggy type motor with the EJT 540 unit (Eco Fan II).

This works, but stronger motors are much more popular right now.

If you go the brushed route with a buggy motor, I would recommend a 24 turn motor on eight cells, if using the Midi Fan.

Better brushed motors are HP 290-20-6 on ten cells, or the above mentioned Ultra 930-6, although this turns too low. This would be perfect with 14 of the new CP 1400 as soon as they become available. Both motors cost about 150 USD.

The CG problem only occurs when using more than eight cells, but if you know already, that you will use more, radio can be rearranged during building, w/o modifications to the structure.
The front has been reinforced with newer kits. The top stringers are spruce now. If the ones in your kit are not, better replace them.

Oliver
WeMoTec is offline Find More Posts by WeMoTec
Old May 07, 2001, 06:36 PM
Australia
Joined May 2001
56 Posts
Thanks for tyhe replies, I think that I have an older kit and will upgrade the stringers. The kit did come with the Eco Fan II and this is the unit I am going to use (sorry about the earlier name mistake).
sbarrow is offline Find More Posts by sbarrow
Old May 12, 2001, 03:21 AM
owosso, mich
Joined Mar 1999
416 Posts
from what i remember some one was kitting the MAN 1/2a fan trainer, which looks somewhat like the alpha. i would buy a set of plans for it, and make one. they were/are excellent little flyers. speed 400, no problem.
wiley is offline Find More Posts by wiley