Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 03, 2006, 01:50 PM
Northford, CT
Joined Feb 2005
532 Posts
Question
Matching a Monokote color

Well, one of the bro's at the field gave me a Spectra wing to try on my sailplane, it's kind of dinged up so I'm patching it and trying to match the covering color which is silver or aluminum with opaque orange outer panels.

The orange panels look very much like International Orange (Neon Orange) and I'm trying to match it with a Monokote color because Monokote is recommended for the kit and used on the ARF and I'm hoping that is what was used.

I've got a spray can cap that matches the color pretty close but it doesn't seem to match the Monokote color on my computer monitor.

Are the monitors colors pretty close to being correct, or should I just go to the LHS and try to match it with my cap?

Thanks

P.S. My monitor is set to 32bit colors
Yardbird is offline Find More Posts by Yardbird
Last edited by Yardbird; Feb 03, 2006 at 02:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2006, 02:20 PM
Jacksonville, IL
Joined Dec 2002
266 Posts
Color matching already oxidized colors can be difficult. One suggestion is to paint something with your rattle can paint, wait for it to dry, then put it against the existing panel for a color comparison. It will be pretty obvious whether you can "live with" the match or not. Alternatively, you could just choose a sharply contrasting color and work it into the color scheme of the model. My $.02. Good luck, Dzl
Dzlstunter is offline Find More Posts by Dzlstunter