SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by flightdog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2006, 02:31 PM
Joined Nov 2005
102 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Sold
USS Constellation Tall Sailing Ship (Square Rigger - Really Sails) Pond Sailer Or RC

USS CONSTELLATION. Tired of looking at models that sit on the shelf that you wish would actually sail? Do you dream of seeing tall ships sailing on the horizon under full sail? This is a basically new USS Constellation, tall ship (square rigger). The ship REALLY SAILS in the water and is currently a pond sailer (free sailer) built after the popular boats in the 1920’s and 1930’s. The boat will ALSO sail well as a radio control model and I can do that for you at an additional cost. PM me for details on cost and timeframe for completion. The ship is designed to sit and sail low in the water at or above the water line like the original. Scale DOES sail but with a great deal of design, engineering and work.

SAILING ABILITY AND FEATURES: The ship has self-adjusting sails that I designed. Jibs, foremast, mainmast, mizzen and spanker sails are all self-adjusting (PM me for details). Under sail, the ship looks like the crew is adjusting the braces and yards to port and starboard as the wind changes. To sail the boat, simply adjust the rudder, appropriate to the current angle of wind and direction you wish to sail, place the boat in the water, and go. The radio control version provides the ability necessary to control selected functions. The steel shoal keel provides lateral stability and directional control in even the stiffest of winds. The ship has been tested at 18-20mph winds and sailed with complete confidence. The keel is removeable from its keel supports by 2 easy to remove bolts and has been painted and treated flat black.

Brass canons adorn the scale ship to include many details of the original ship. I have kept the ship as close to the original as possible while insuring sailing functions.

CONSTRUCTION: The ship is plank on bulkhead type construction and is extremely strong. The wood has been treated and water proofed with many, many coats of hand applied urethane, and in some areas, fiberglass. The sails are professionally sewn cotton with scale like stitching. All sails have been treated for resistance to water and moisture.

DIMENSIONS:
Length: 40 inches
Beam: 8.5 inches (12 inches from lower main yard, end to end)
Height: 35 inches
Draft: 18 inches

PRICE: 1199.00USD. I can take credit cards via paypal or echeck. I can send you a paypal invoice upon request. I also accept cashiers check or money order.

SHIPPING: 89.00USD. SHIP COMES IN A WOODEN CRATE FOR PROTECTION COVERED BY PACKING AND A VERY STRONG BOX.

BASE: Ship comes with a handsome stained wood base and USS Constellation name plate for static display when you are not sailing. We can also provide a large wooden base for the ship that you can use at the lake that you can set both ship and deep shoal draft keel on. There is an additional charge for the stand (PM me for details and cost…item is shipped separately).

MANUAL: I wil provide an instructional manual for operation and sailing with the ship.

OTHER SHIPS AVAILABLE. I also sell a HMS Victory in both pond sailing and RC versions. PM me for details and price.

MY RATING. You can review my high rating for sales on EBAY under rdmelbert1. You can also email me at scalesailingmodels@yahoo.com.
flightdog is offline Find More Posts by flightdog
Last edited by flightdog; Feb 05, 2006 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Wording
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread