Closed Thread
Old Feb 02, 2006, 01:44 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Discussion
Seller came through!

The person listing this ad for the Fuji BT-64A engine,(furystratus) finally shipped it to me.
He received my money order for the above engine on Jan 13th, but never shipped it until Feb.10th!

Good things do happen to some of us .... I received the Fuji BT-64A engine today, Feb. 13th ... "wonders never cease"
RTflyboy is offline Find More Posts by RTflyboy
Last edited by RTflyboy; Feb 14, 2006 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Updated info
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2006, 02:02 PM
Love is like Pi: Irrational
USA, ND, Grand Forks
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
Has it been confirmed he never shipped it?
He doesn't seem like the guy who would do something like this.
ronmeister is offline Find More Posts by ronmeister
Old Feb 02, 2006, 04:39 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
7,854 Posts
Trader Rating: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmeister
Ditto

1. You got his username wrong, it's "furyStratus"
2. He's not a mod here. He doesn't even have any posts to his credit, and on RCU he has only 3 feedbacks with one nuetral and one negative (from you). I don't believe he is a mod at RCU either as he only has one post in July 05'. (SUPRAMAN22 is his RCU username)
3. Although this doesn't look good, 4 weeks turnaround for a MO to be purchased, sent, cashed, item shipped and received is not unrealistic. It's definitley longer than necessary, but things do happen. I'm still waiting on servos from the widow of a guy I bought them from 3 months ago, so ya just never know
4. You might start a trace on that MO. There's lots of ways to get to him -You can start here -
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=fraud+links

Good luck to ya!

Brian
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old Feb 02, 2006, 05:02 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
Sending a $280 Money Order to one of the newest users, a user can ever be... with no profile info, posts, or feedback... and needs to "sell it fast", is one of the most ignorant mistakes a person can make.

I hope things go better for you RTF, and thanks for the warning. Good luck!

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Feb 02, 2006, 05:08 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,580 Posts
Trader Rating: 321
With a new user I.E., one with little or no feedback, you, as a user with a good amount of positive feedback, can always request they send product first and then, once it arrives, you'll remit payment? Your positive feedback guarantees them you'll indeed remit payment and in this way, they are helped to build their own positive feedback to a point where others will feel comfortable remitting payment first, which is normally the way it is done.

Just my $0.02
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Vaterra Ford Raptor with AVC
Old Feb 02, 2006, 06:28 PM
Naperville, IL
Joined Sep 2005
109 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Best to go with paypal, even if you have to pay an extra buck or two.
rheumatical is offline Find More Posts by rheumatical
Old Feb 02, 2006, 11:54 PM
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
Joined Oct 2003
567 Posts
Trader Rating: 95
I don't deal with anyone anymore that ONLY takes MO's. You are just looking for trouble.

Norm
viflyer is offline Find More Posts by viflyer
Old Feb 04, 2006, 01:00 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
Purchase made on RCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze.45
Sending a $280 Money Order to one of the newest users, a user can ever be... with no profile info, posts, or feedback... and needs to "sell it fast", is one of the most ignorant mistakes a person can make.

I hope things go better for you RTF, and thanks for the warning. Good luck!

-Chris
I did check him out first on RCU before commiting to purchase on that site.
When I received RCU's receipt from him there was a foot note at the bottom, "my paypal isn't working"
My only reason for listing on RC Group's ad, he never closed thread as SOLD!
Old Feb 04, 2006, 01:05 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
Scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmeister
He doesn't seem like the guy who would do something like this.
Did you have any previous dealings with him in the past, or do you know Steve Cole personally?
If you have, please respond to my email only!

dtflyboy@aol.com
Old Feb 06, 2006, 11:50 AM
But Honey..It was only $$
United States, WA, Blaine
Joined Dec 2004
1,295 Posts
Trader Rating: 90
I have been in a similar situation regarding a laptop I bought on yahoo auctions years back. My igorance led me to losing $500 .

I sent a MO to the guy who lives in Portand,OR.

A lot of people sent him money.

Totalling at least $23,000. over the course of 2 weeks.

He never sent a thing.

He did make a mistake.

I got his name / address from the bank that cashed my MO.

To make the story short:

Tracked him down via email. He left his 'website' attached to his username. Orkidauctions. I looked up the website ID and found his contact info on there. Called him up and he pretended to be someone else. Since I work early at 6am, I made a habit of calling him every morning before I went to work just to be nice. Eventually, I found out he's in an apartment. Called the landlord and asked about him. She was nice and gave me everything I needed to know including signing for MY money order.

I Called the police and emailed everyone who got scammed by him, put together a list of victims and went along with the police and to the Portland couthouse and filed a suit against him.

He obviously wasn't able to pay up but is paying court fees for the next few years.

Knowing that I put his life in financial misery by simply taking the time to follow up and not go down there and beat the living snot out of him made me feel like I lost $500 but in doing so, prevented him from doing any online/auction transactions for a long long time with police/banks monitoring him.

So... advice

Has the money order been cashed ?
You can check with the bank you had the MO created. They will be able to tell you if it has been cashed. If it has, then they can give you ALL of the contact information of the person who cashed it.
If you have that info, breath deep and keep you cool.
Call him.
Tell him who you are and ask about the engine.
At that point in a cool manner let him know that if you do not receive the engine or you money back within a week, that he will be receiving a call from the "his city/town" police concerning the matter and will escalate from there.

If you get to that point, there is a 50/50% chance you will see your money again. If not, then you might be able to stop him from doing it to someone else (which was my gratification in my case).

Hope this helps.

Good luck
kookboy is offline Find More Posts by kookboy
Old Feb 10, 2006, 02:57 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Aug 2001
328 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
If you send a Post Office Money Order, the Postal Inspector will follow up for you. They have investigative powers similar to the FBI, and are very adept at stopping mail fraud.

Good Luck!
BTerry is offline Find More Posts by BTerry
Old Feb 12, 2006, 09:51 PM
seattle, WA
Joined Mar 2004
256 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
always send a postal money order, if something happens it becomes mail fraud which is a federal crime and the usps and fbi take it very seiously
papamac is offline Find More Posts by papamac
Old Feb 13, 2006, 01:58 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
Updated info

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTflyboy
The person listing this ad for the Fuji BT-64A engine,(furytratus) who is also this forums moderator, has turned out to be a "scammer"
He received my money order for the above engine, but never shipped it!
He stated his name as "Steve Cole" on RC Universe, living in Perioa AZ. ( ) BUYERS BEWARE

dtflyboy@aol.com
UPDATE ... After over a month from him receiving my funds, I received the BT-64A engine today, Feb. 13th.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:21 PM
seattle, WA
Joined Mar 2004
256 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
what is the ship date on the label that way you'll know if it was sent a long time ago or not
papamac is offline Find More Posts by papamac
Old Feb 13, 2006, 07:28 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Apr 2002
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papamac
what is the ship date on the label that way you'll know if it was sent a long time ago or not
Was mailed on Feb. 10th via USPS, he emailed me the tracking number .... received Feb. 13th
Closed Thread