Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 15, 2002, 09:54 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Flight times with 370 motor in Bleriot on 720NiMH

In previous thread someone asked for flight times on my 370 motor/Bleriot combo. Tonight I ran 2 packs (7 cell 720ma NIMH) until the plane didn't have enough power to stay airborne. Both packs gave me 9 to 10 minutes of mostly full throttle flying with several loops and some touch and goes.
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2002, 03:42 AM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Hi Boomerace! Thanks for the info....Nice to see someone still interested in this plane.......er....Jeez...I'm just restarting flying after a complete life change. holy moley! (China Grove) Hope all you pervs are up to no good as usual..what's new here besides the Happy Valley GWS Glee Club? ARRRGH! Love............ Bleriot
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
Old Jun 19, 2002, 05:24 AM
Plane hugging cat
Mackay Queensland Australia
Joined Sep 2001
1,355 Posts
Boomer, have you tried the Graupner 280 race motor? I bet you'd get double the flight time with the cost of just a little less power. Do try one if you ever get the chance.

Bleriot, you will be pleased to hear that the new icon of worship around here is the Switchback. The faint sound of loyal GWS parishioners can still be heard in the distance on a calm evening though.
Vonbaron is offline Find More Posts by Vonbaron
Old Jun 19, 2002, 11:57 AM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Bleriot,
Glad to see you back! Wondered what happened to you man? Love flying that plane it's so graceful in the air and can be flown with no problem in such a small space even with the 370 motor!
Vonbaron,
Haven't tried that motor yet as I seem to keep using the GWS line as they are so cheap for what you get and at least for me so easy to install!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Jun 19, 2002, 12:38 PM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Race 280

Hi B.A. and VB! As usual these antipodal miscreants are being naughty and suggesting BIGGER MOTORS! (My kinda guys) I am about to retire and enjoy my new freedom......so I'll be in touch again soon and seems like Douggie and the USA vendors/manufacturers are gonna PREVAIL Best to all Love Bleriot
Old Jun 19, 2002, 12:55 PM
Hillegom, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2001
564 Posts
Salut Bler, glad your back once more. Nothing new overhere. Still enjoying flying the glider (or gliding the flyer ) Take care.
HB

PS It's not only US vendors doing well; IMA also has a stronghold now and it will just take some time for you US pilots to find out the booink isnt by far as good as it's originator the Holiday.....
Harm Botman is offline Find More Posts by Harm Botman
Old Jun 20, 2002, 02:26 AM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Haloo Harm. How's the flying weather in the Nether regions? Almost have a chance to start any one of 6 new in box planes........some finer ones from NSP, a few TM's and that silly split 280. However. I am now also the Team Mechanic for a 18 yr old crazed Moto-Cross demon so my flying is on a slow burner (my favorite) But I am happy to return to this forum... and where is my friend. The Mr.GWS4CEO? I hope he knows some lovely China Stars who walk in the light. I'll have to see if he wants to double date sometime....Shutting up now. Love Bleriot