Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 15, 2002, 09:26 PM
central AZ
Joined May 2002
1,284 Posts
Holy Smokes!

Boomer, gees, you've got a full-fledged airforce going there! Man! I really like the Kavanshot (although I'm sure it would be a long time till I could handle something like that, seeing as I don't have a trainer yet! Ooh!). Sorry about the scratch built bipe! I love dogs, but in almost every case, it seems the neighbor's dog never was in the "brains" line when God was handing them out. (ask me how I know) I must say, though, you've got to be proud of a fleet like that! Keep in mind, I think if those planes were full scale, you would be several hangers, not one!

Nick R.

Genovia - Who makes (manufactures) your Cubs? I really like they way your's turned out. I just might have to invest in one of 'em!
KnifeEdge51 is online now Find More Posts by KnifeEdge51
Last edited by KnifeEdge51; Jun 15, 2002 at 09:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2002, 09:32 PM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Nick,

Get a Cubbbbbbbbbbbbb...... Start with Watt-age, you will get a kick out of it
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia
Old Jun 15, 2002, 09:39 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Marcus,
Check out http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ne+will+travel which is my thread on the Mini IFO Trainer
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Jun 15, 2002, 09:42 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Yea Tres,
I fly them all when the wind isn't blowing a gale.. The Spatz and the Gull will handle 15mph well but NOT 25+ as I found out!!! Today was a good day flew the Bleriot, Mini IFO Trainer, the Gym-E through several packs ... wind came up after lunch but got in 20 minutes with the Bleriot after dinner!
boomer
Last edited by boomerace; Jun 15, 2002 at 09:44 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 09:54 PM
MKH
Ohio
Joined Mar 2000
2,597 Posts
Thanks, Boomer, great info. I'd thought about a Mini T-IFO. Glad to hear it's worth pursuing.
Marcus
MKH is offline Find More Posts by MKH
Old Oct 09, 2002, 12:33 AM
Winter Sucks!!
United States, WI, New Berlin
Joined Aug 2002
751 Posts
Hi Boomer,
I know this is an older thread but I did a search on the spatz and found this thread. I was wondering if you thought the spatz would be a good trainer? Can it do a simple loop? I have a huge valley to fly it at but could it also fly in a football field size area? One more. Could it handle a 2 oz camera for some aerials?
Thanks Boomer,

rluna@wi.rr.com
romans1015 is offline Find More Posts by romans1015
Old Oct 09, 2002, 12:48 AM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by romans1015
Hi Boomer,
I know this is an older thread but I did a search on the spatz and found this thread. I was wondering if you thought the spatz would be a good trainer? Can it do a simple loop? I have a huge valley to fly it at but could it also fly in a football field size area? One more. Could it handle a 2 oz camera for some aerials?
Thanks Boomer,

rluna@wi.rr.com
I really wasn't impressed with the Spatz and have scrapped mine! I found it to be way underpowered in stock form.
boomer