HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by realdeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:43 PM
Make Haste Slowly
USA, KY, Lexington
Joined Nov 1999
966 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Sold
EAM Banshee 90mm EDF RTF w/ retracts

This is the EAM Banshee EDF model built by Chris True and reviewed on Ezone. Since the review it has been updated with canards and the power system has been changed. It has been on radar at over 120mph with this setup. Faster speeds would be attainable with a switch to Lipo batteries. This is a one-piece airplane and would be impossible for me to ship. You must pick it up in the Lexington, KY area.

Ezone review: http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4174

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the current condition as follows:

Cosmetics: 6 - There are scrapes on the wing tips and the paint is looking a little worn overall. One canard was cracked then fixed and that is visible. Pretty much all cosmetic issues would be addressed by a paint job.

Mechanicals: 9 - There is absolutely nothing to stop someone from charging the plane and flying it immediately. There are no maintenance issues that I am aware of that have any effect on safety, reliability or flight performance. It does show some wear on the tires.

This sale includes:

Banshee airframe
All Hitec servos - Aileron x 2, Elevator x 2, Rudder, Retracts, Canard and Nosewheel
Springair Retracts
Mega 22/30/3 Brushless Motor
Hacker Master 77 ESC
Midi Fan
25-cell 1950NiMh battery pack configured for perfect CG
Receiver pack

Not Included:
Receiver

It would cost in the neighborhood of $1200 plus your build time to duplicate this plane.

I might trade for something all composite and sleek with a prop. I am also interested gasser warbirds, turbines and other fast stuff.

I will work with you as best I can regarding delivery/pickup but I would guess that about 100 miles is the limit to my driving radius given my current schedule.

I will let it go for $600.
realdeal is offline Find More Posts by realdeal
Last edited by realdeal; Jan 30, 2006 at 08:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:54 PM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,549 Posts
Trader Rating: 221
Its Awsommmmmmm.
Ben
FASTBEN is offline Find More Posts by FASTBEN
Old Jan 31, 2006, 08:32 AM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Trader Rating: 299
Would you consider driving to around Louisville Ky. to sell this EDF?
I live near Indianapolis Indiana and would be coming a little over 100 miles.

Tim
tdearth is offline Find More Posts by tdearth
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:35 AM
Make Haste Slowly
USA, KY, Lexington
Joined Nov 1999
966 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Hi Tim,

Louisville is definitely within range. You could also come out to our hobby shop in Frankfort (about 30 miles from Louisville) if you wanted to add a little more hobby fun to your trip. I may even be heading to Indy sometime in the near future to check out the Hobby Town up there. I have been told it is the largest in the US and we are always checking out other shops for new ideas.

If you will PM your phone number to me I can call you to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks!

Keith
realdeal is offline Find More Posts by realdeal
Old Jan 31, 2006, 11:08 AM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Trader Rating: 299
PM sent.

Tim
tdearth is offline Find More Posts by tdearth
Closed Thread