HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2001, 11:52 PM
Bend Oregon USA
Joined Mar 2001
30 Posts
Twinstar First Flight

Hi all,

Well on the recommendation of several of you, I purchased a Twinstar for my next plane. I learned on a Lite Stick a few months ago, then recently got a Zagi which I fly OK, but still it seems to hit the ground more often than I think it should!! . Fellow E-Zoner Gene, was kind enough to e-mail me the wing mods & other tips and I got it together and took it out for it's trial flight this past weekend. Boy! what a fun airplane...With shaking hands & knees I gave it a toss straight ahead and with no dips or loss of altitude, it just flew right straight ahead with a slight climb. Sure flies faster than I thought it would. Am using 8 x 1700 cells and get about 8 to 10 minutes. For a heavy airplane, it sure glides a long ways! Kept wondering if it would ever land!. Some of the IC guys at our field were quite surprised --- "gee, that thing flies pretty well" "never thought those two tiny motors & props would fly that thing like that" I put about 5 flights on it, mostly practicing launching & landings, did some loops and a couple of rolls. Once again, thanks to all you E-Zoners for steering me in the right direction! What a great time.
Regards, Terry T.

Terry T is offline Find More Posts by Terry T
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2001, 12:57 AM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Aug 1999
1,293 Posts
Terry. That's why I constantly recommend the Twinstar as a second plane in the learning process. With 8 cells it's got power to spare on takeoffs. I've even done ground takeoffs ROG's off of frozen grass in the winter, just as a lark, to see if it would do it. It did. This was just a thin sheet of ice in Southern California, which wasn't that unusual for December at 7 A.M.. One more piece of information. Be sure to put a drop or two of "Zap" type glue in the hole in the prop hub before you slide it onto the motor shaft, to help to prevent losing one of those Gunther props. I don't recall whether I covered that in the info that I sent you. If you do lose a prop in flight, you'll know it immediately because tha plane will start turning on it's own. Just throttle back and glide it in. That should be the proceedure anytime you experience a problem. I'm glad that you're enjoying it. I have two flying and a third one still in the box.
Gene is offline Find More Posts by Gene