HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:20 PM
Joined Nov 2005
370 Posts
Help!
Proboat classic runabout review artilce wanted

I would like to get a scanned copy of a review article about the Proboat Classic Runabout in the August '05 issue of RC Driver magazine emailed to me. I need it quickly, none of the local hobby stores have any back issues, and ordering one takes weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Leave me a private message and I will send my email address.

Thanks!
Ray
Ray C is offline Find More Posts by Ray C
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2006, 09:28 PM
Gravity won...!
Austin, TX USA
Joined Jan 2001
399 Posts
Have you read these 7 pages...?

Ray - in the meantime, have you looked at these comments?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405338
Jim Duda is offline Find More Posts by Jim Duda
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:30 PM
Joined Nov 2005
370 Posts
Jim, thanks for pointing me to this thread, it has all the info I wanted, more than the magazine review. Don't know why it didn't show up when I searched the site yesterday. Any way, I plan to order one Monday. Sure I will have some real questions when it arrives.
Thanks
Ray
Ray C is offline Find More Posts by Ray C
Old Feb 04, 2006, 10:12 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,502 Posts
Ray, The local guys around here are having a problem with the lacquer cracking and allowing water to seep in behind the planks. Water won't leak inside the hull because the inner hull is fiberglass, so you won't notice it right away. But over time, the planks will begin to lift and curl.
To avoid the problem, before the boat ever gets wet, strip the hull and fiberglass it with 1.5 oz cloth and finish it like any kit built mahogany runabout. Lots of work? Yes! But worth it in the long haul.
PAT
P. Tritle is offline Find More Posts by P. Tritle