HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:55 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jul 2001
2,827 Posts
I guess I'm gawna brag here. I will be picking up this PC board creation technique project again soon. The lower center-right feature is an SOIC-16. Just to the left-an 0805 capacitor. Much smaller parts can be seen far left. (I think they are SC-70's). Pretty freaking small.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=25
Quacker is offline Find More Posts by Quacker
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Quacker; Jan 28, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:44 AM
Good glue is evil
melbourne australia
Joined Sep 2003
774 Posts
Quacker, now i want to see that ink, i guess the printer becomes the pcb only printer
brillant idea
brucej is offline Find More Posts by brucej
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:57 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jul 2001
2,827 Posts
'Nothing cheaper than old inkjets. The one I hacked was an Epson 777. It was free with my old Mac. I'm sure there are lots of models that will do as long as it can be hacked for a straight paper path. The 777 really can't be pushed past a 1/32" board, but that's fine for most smaller boards. My hope is not only to complete an ink formula that does not clog so easy, but to master getting the board back into the printer after etching, with enough repeatability to print out the silkscreen and perhaps even a soldermask!
Quacker is offline Find More Posts by Quacker
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:19 PM
Good glue is evil
melbourne australia
Joined Sep 2003
774 Posts
Quacker thats brilliant keep up the good work
brucej is offline Find More Posts by brucej
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:35 PM
Toof-fairy
Perth, Australia
Joined Sep 2005
802 Posts
of course your printer must be the direct out type..... Mine bends the paper through 180 degrees, so try doing that to a pcb in 4cm diameter....

But what your doing is pretty much the perfect situation for direct accurate PCBs. Those tracks are TINY, yet they are perfectly legible and accurate enough for use.

Good Work

Owen
osmium_192 is offline Find More Posts by osmium_192