HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2002, 05:22 PM
Delta, BC, Canada
Joined Apr 2001
35 Posts
Free Flight Log Software

For anyone interested, I have written a Flight Logging program that is free for download. This program allows you to keep a record of all your aircraft and their installed accessories (servos, engines etc). You can then create flight logs for these aircraft to keep a running total of all flights on the model. Each flight log can also add history or fuel consumption logs to the modelís accessories if you so desire. Once you build up you log you can look back at any year, month, or day to get the running total of flights for that time period. You can also filter this log so you can figure out how many flights you had with a particular aircraft, pilot, aircraft type, or flying field.

You can also create maintenance schedules and maintenance logs. For instance you can create maintenance schedule to change your glow plug every 100 flights or cycle your battery every 20 flights. Once you have had more than the 100 flights since your last glow plug change that maintenance item would show as overdue. You create maintenance logs when you work on your model. Any procedures you perform then rest the maintenance schedule.

The program can also keep track of battery charges, fuel purchases, flying fields, and pilots.

If feel it is a very well rounded piece of software and I find it invaluable for my own use. Having over 25 models I find it hard to keep track of all the periodic maintenance that should be preformed. This is why I wrote this tool and I am sure others will find it equally useful.

It can be downloaded at my web site

http://www.lammers.ca/FlightLog

Thanks

Shawn Lammers
slammers is offline Find More Posts by slammers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2002, 06:06 PM
Logo 10 Flyer
Prince George,B.C.,Canada
Joined May 2001
285 Posts
flight log

Shawn,

Very nice program, this has been exactly what I have been looking for. I always have the best intentions when building a new model to keep a flight log but they never seem to last.
hopefully this will get my butt in gear to keep it all down.

thanks for making it available for free.

Scott
Skippy360 is offline Find More Posts by Skippy360
Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:27 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,426 Posts
Thanks very much Shawn very nice especially when its freeware. I wish P-clac and Moto Calc were free.....
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Jun 14, 2002, 12:15 AM
Mississippi
Joined Jul 2000
756 Posts
Shawn
Thanks for sharing your program
steve
cloudhopper is offline Find More Posts by cloudhopper
Old Jun 14, 2002, 04:31 AM
Turbines suck ;-)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2000
1,636 Posts
log

Shawn

Looks like a great tool which I shall begin using immediately -

When will you have the Compaq Ipaq version ready so I can update my log at the field.............................
rorywquin is offline Find More Posts by rorywquin
Old Jun 14, 2002, 09:35 AM
Delta, BC, Canada
Joined Apr 2001
35 Posts
iPaq

I have been asked that a lot. I actualey have an iPaq. I do not think I could build all the functionality into an Windows CE version but I may be able to add flight and mainteance logs while at the field and then sync up with the main Flight Log program to update the database.

Shawn
slammers is offline Find More Posts by slammers
Old Jun 14, 2002, 09:48 AM
RPV builder & operator
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2001
2,303 Posts
Is there a Palm Pilot version of this type of S/W available somewhere?
Pierre Audette is offline Find More Posts by Pierre Audette
Old Jun 14, 2002, 10:11 AM
Manassas, VA, USA
Joined Feb 2002
651 Posts
This program is awesome!
Stregone is offline Find More Posts by Stregone
Old Jun 14, 2002, 10:41 AM
Turbines suck ;-)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2000
1,636 Posts
http://www.flyingsites.co.uk/downloads/index.htm

Look on this page - there seems to be a PP / HS version of a flight logbook here
rorywquin is offline Find More Posts by rorywquin