HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Sep 2003
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_sonn
Hey Todd,

Welcome to this side of the hobby. It's great to see a scale warbird buddy come to the EDF side.

Kirk
thanks Kirk
while I still love doing my scale Warbirds, this EDF badboy is gonna by fun

I'll give you a call this weekend
tburley is offline Find More Posts by tburley
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:37 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,429 Posts
Keep it coming Chaps. All good.

A SLUF7 has to have a SLUFFY in his Hanger at some point. :0)
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:50 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,955 Posts
jet meng

WEll congrates on your son ,Brent also had a son a couple of month ago .Yea it's best to help your wife out right now..the planes can wait. yes i think these sky rays are sweet, your dad should have done one a long time ago.a cust. had a scratch built balsa one but it crashed early on but it flew so good i think your dad put the guy to work builing a plug . we put some flight pic's up today . say hi to your parents they must be proud of you and your wife and the grand kids
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:17 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,466 Posts
Thanks Guys! This was the reason I missed the AMA show this year...looks like AMA will be conflicting with birthday parties from now on, huh? Well, mom and baby are doing great and we're getting it figured out. I have been able to do some modeling which has been nice...and being off of work I've been able to get a bit more time than usual.

Regarding the sabre. Well, I don't know too many details yet. There is to be a prototype here soon if it is not here already. It is going to be offered as an F-86H (Air Force) or FJ Fury (Navy). Construction will be similar to the A-7, though we are looking into making a composite wing. I'm not sure what's been decided there. When I know more, I will post here with pictures hopefully. That's about all I know at the moment. Sorry, I've been a bit tied up the last couple weeks.

@Roger, Well, the big skyray was an awesome flyer from what I understand. I never got to see it go or fly it unfortunately. The proto flew with a Wren MkIII turbine, and my dad really liked how it flew. It will also probably fly very well with the E-turbax (ducting has been made for a fan). Lots of wing are and lots of room for batteries.

Attached a pic of Christopher Daniel...starting him out right of course.

Chris
JetMang is online now Find More Posts by JetMang
Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:29 AM
go fly! no crashes!
Honolulu, HI
Joined Jun 2003
2,845 Posts
congrats again Chris!

Now there's a picture for your desk at work!!!
Synwpn is offline Find More Posts by Synwpn
Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:35 AM
Joined Feb 1999
3,429 Posts
Nice very nice the F-16 I mean. The lil one don't look to bad either at all. Not as sleek as the F-16 more of a C-17 look at present I reckon. :0)
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:50 AM
Gaithersburg MD, United States
Joined Nov 2000
975 Posts
Congratulations Chris on your second child! These are the best times... enjoy them

Paul
Tempest is offline Find More Posts by Tempest
Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:06 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,955 Posts
Sweet pic Chris....and sluff he said he was starting him out right ..i believe that is a F-18
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:01 PM
Joined Feb 1999
3,429 Posts
Oh Crap the ultimate sin incorrectly identifying an aircraft (Falls on Sword) thanks Sal.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 07:16 AM
Elizabethtown/Ft. Knox, Kentucky, United States
Joined Jan 2001
1,125 Posts
A very handsome little fellow Chris!

My suggestion to drill out the main gear pivot and use a 2-56 machine screw will not work. The head will not clear an arm that has to swing by it.

I found another problem. The ply main mount appears to have holes for the gear mount but mine were 1/4" too wide. The inside holes are correct (I assume) so I had to drill new ones for the outside. I also had to trim the inside edge of the slot so the swing are wouldn't drag. I think it's going to work out OK but I spent several hours fiddling with it yesterday.

Jim
Jim Phelps is offline Find More Posts by Jim Phelps
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:28 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,466 Posts
Thanks guys! I can say he's a much better sleeper than my daughter was...but he still wants to eat all night. I guess the long nights are good for modeling, huh?

@ Jim, If you remove the head it should work, shouldn't it? Put some loctite in there to hold the threads. The lower hole pattern should be good...create 2 new holes for the upper plate. I've done this with a dremel and a 1/8 dia cutter. It's ok if the holes are oversized as you don't want to create any bias into the gear as it can bind the retraction. There was a design change on the main gear which occured after the production cycle began. This is an issue with the first run kits mostly.

Chris
JetMang is online now Find More Posts by JetMang
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:20 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,585 Posts
Hi Chris,
All the best to you and your wife on the arrival of your son.
Bob
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:56 PM
Suspended Account
Bellevue, WA
Joined Feb 2004
2,083 Posts
Congrats Chris.
k_sonn is offline Find More Posts by k_sonn
Old Jan 29, 2007, 04:30 PM
Suspended Account
FREE Gene!!! Get Banned!!!
Joined Jun 2005
1,679 Posts
Signed on........

Chris,
Congrats on the new arrival.

I'm awaiting my "new arrival" that shouldn't take 9 months; I ordered an A-7D in primer from Larry & Cyndy while at the Arizona Electric festival.

Mine will definitely be cheaper than a human baby

-Mike
Speed is Life is offline Find More Posts by Speed is Life
Old Jan 30, 2007, 09:41 PM
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Sep 2003
140 Posts
working along on mine as I have the time. really do like this kit.

BTW, what nose gear main are you guys using?
tburley is offline Find More Posts by tburley