Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
It works!!!
edmond, oklahoma
Joined Apr 2006
270 Posts
dunno i just told Larry i wanted to order one..completely slipped my mind to sepcify which one, guess it's too lat now...LIKE IT REALLY MATTERS lol.
Should be shipping today...wooohoooo
kevin
rosek007 is offline Find More Posts by rosek007
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:07 PM
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Sep 2003
140 Posts
LoL Kevin. I originally wanted the Edwards scheme. But then I saw the Desert Storm scheme at the AMA show, and liked it better. and for the same price as primer, cant beat that. I paint enough planes I build anyways, so its nice to have a great painted ARF as this is
tburley is offline Find More Posts by tburley
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:39 AM
Van Nuys
Joined Mar 2004
1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburley
LoL Kevin. I originally wanted the Edwards scheme. But then I saw the Desert Storm scheme at the AMA show, and liked it better. and for the same price as primer, cant beat that. I paint enough planes I build anyways, so its nice to have a great painted ARF as this is
My hearts set on what's coming out in april!
demetrius is offline Find More Posts by demetrius
Old Jan 25, 2007, 05:43 AM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,396 Posts
Okay, I'll bite what is coming out in April??
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:41 AM
Elizabethtown/Ft. Knox, Kentucky, United States
Joined Jan 2001
1,125 Posts
Has anyone started on the A-7 yet? I've encountered 3 problems with mine so far:
1) I set the flap and ailerons up just like the instructions call for but it looks like there will be some conflict with the intake duct and fan when the wing is set on the fuse. The instructions tell you to make sure that the linkages don't interfere but I don't see a way to change anything. The torque rods can't be easily shortened so I'm not sure how to handle this yet.

2) One of the rods in the horz. stab is too short to get the wheel collar on. It's about 3/8" shorter than the other side.

3) There's a threaded stud on the main gear that the air cylinder rod srews to that's supposed to be 2-56 threads but it's much smaller.

It's a really nice ARF with just a few kinks that can be worked out.

Jim Phelps
Jim Phelps is offline Find More Posts by Jim Phelps
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:38 AM
It works!!!
edmond, oklahoma
Joined Apr 2006
270 Posts
Ok demetrius spill it!! we won't tell...
rosek007 is offline Find More Posts by rosek007
Old Jan 25, 2007, 01:16 PM
Suspended Account
Bellevue, WA
Joined Feb 2004
2,083 Posts
Hey Todd,

Welcome to this side of the hobby. It's great to see a scale warbird buddy come to the EDF side.

Kirk
k_sonn is offline Find More Posts by k_sonn
Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:49 PM
go fly! no crashes!
Honolulu, HI
Joined Jun 2003
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Phelps
Has anyone started on the A-7 yet? I've encountered 3 problems with mine so far:
1) I set the flap and ailerons up just like the instructions call for but it looks like there will be some conflict with the intake duct and fan when the wing is set on the fuse. The instructions tell you to make sure that the linkages don't interfere but I don't see a way to change anything. The torque rods can't be easily shortened so I'm not sure how to handle this yet.

2) One of the rods in the horz. stab is too short to get the wheel collar on. It's about 3/8" shorter than the other side.

3) There's a threaded stud on the main gear that the air cylinder rod srews to that's supposed to be 2-56 threads but it's much smaller.

Jim Phelps

Jim, Check the springs in your gear legs too. My friend has the turbine version and was wondering why it looks like its sitting tilted to one side. Took it apart and found one spring set was 1/4" shorter than the other one.

Definitely a nice kit, and like anything new, a few kinks need to be worked out. Chinese quality control is a bit lacking.

David
Synwpn is offline Find More Posts by Synwpn
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:25 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,607 Posts
JET Meng

HEY chris i read your EDF conversion instructions very well done .have you done any flying lately? i just finished a 32" scratch built depron sky ray with a 69 mm fan. it has retracts and weighs 52oz.there some pics and vid in the Foamy edf thread under corsair nuts edf skyray (micro version ) mines not micro but it is a sweet flier. have you flown your dads bigg Ray? any way i'm a jet jock again and i'm having fun with my EDF RAY ck it out . we'll have to get together with your dad and do some flying.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:42 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,253 Posts
Hi Jim, I also have tha A7...same minor troubles..All easy to solve...On the flaps I had too long screws so I picked up the correct size but other than that it all fits(mine is turbine)
the tail you can grind down the tube in the fuse or carfully heat up the rod in the elev. and pull it out and reglue..
the landing gear you will need to remove the metric stud and retap for 2-56 then install a new stud..I had all this laying around so it wasnt much trouble.

As for April I think it might be an ARF skyray!
Scott

Quote:

Jim Phelps
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:16 AM
Van Nuys
Joined Mar 2004
1,048 Posts
I'll let these pictures do the talking!
demetrius is offline Find More Posts by demetrius
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:50 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,437 Posts
Quote:

Jim Phelps
Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear of the troubles. We'll get these things worked out for you.

Here is my recommendation for setting up the flaps and ailerons for the DF airplane (see pic below). This is how I've setup my EDF. You'll likely need to go to a mini sized servo for the ailerons and embed it a bit into the wing. Then, reduce the 4-40 down to 1/2" length and this should do the trick. The flap should be fine as is.

On the gear, if you heat up the 2mm threads with a torch, you should then be able to unthread it using a pair of pliers. Then it's a matter of re-tapping with a 2-56 and inserting a 2-56 thread in there. It may be easiest to remove that subassembly from the gear to do so.

Regarding the stab, that's no good. We'll likely need to replace it. Scott's method may also work too, but this obviously not something one should have to fix. Have you contacted the shop about that? I'd recommend doing so. I will also let my parents know.

Chris
JetMang is online now Find More Posts by JetMang
Last edited by JetMang; Jan 26, 2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:04 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
HEY chris i read your EDF conversion instructions very well done .have you done any flying lately? i just finished a 32" scratch built depron sky ray with a 69 mm fan. it has retracts and weighs 52oz.there some pics and vid in the Foamy edf thread under corsair nuts edf skyray (micro version ) mines not micro but it is a sweet flier. have you flown your dads bigg Ray? any way i'm a jet jock again and i'm having fun with my EDF RAY ck it out . we'll have to get together with your dad and do some flying.

Hi Roger,

Well, I haven't been doing much flying of late. My son was born on January 13. Though I've been home it's been to help around the house and keep my daughter occupied while my wife tends to the new little one. We're not quite up to flying yet. ALso, the EDF is undergoing a bit of repair...let's just say I was having too much fun and it bit me...and I made the wrong choice getting back to the runway...doh! It's pretty close back flyable again...I just need to dedicate an evening or two to finish up the clean up work. Also, we will be testing a new 6000 mah cell soon too. 20c 10s1p 6000 mah, oh yeah! Mostly I've been working on some other projects...I'm hoping to have an airplane or two ready for competition this year.

Doing some flying with you guys sounds like fun. I've followed yours and Brents progress on the skyrays, nice job! Unfortunately, I didn't get to fly the big one...though I've been flying my little one for quite some time. What a fun airplane!

Chris
JetMang is online now Find More Posts by JetMang
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:26 AM
Elizabethtown/Ft. Knox, Kentucky, United States
Joined Jan 2001
1,125 Posts
Chris,
Congratulations on the new baby! We have a new granddaughter that's keeping the whole family busy.

It looks like you didn't use the mounting plate and mounted your servos deeper into the wing. I may have to try to cut the mount out and do the same. Are both screws in the wheel collars 3/4"?

I couldn't find my 2/56 tap so I just drilled the threads out and used a 2/56 machine screw, worked perfect.

I did grind the brass tubing in the fuse and went ahead and used what I had.

Scott,
You won't be able to heat the rod in the stab. Mine has a shadow of a tee on the end of the rod. You can see where it was glued in the stab.

Jim
Jim Phelps is offline Find More Posts by Jim Phelps
Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:29 AM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,396 Posts
So JHH is arfing the Sabre/Fury kit that is great news.
A gold 44 should make them scoot, oops I meant to say an E-Turbax.
Maybe Larry will have these a the Toledo show?? Chris can you fill us in on this new product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetrius
I'll let these pictures do the talking!
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini