...what a load of...

gotime242 is offline Find More Posts by gotime242
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2006, 12:54 AM
Coming home to Canada soon
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
565 Posts
Yes, but at that price it is worth the wait. I am in Germany so I am sure I will have to wait even longer. I too am impatient but not much to do except wait!
Mark Winstanley is offline Find More Posts by Mark Winstanley
Old Feb 01, 2006, 09:07 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotime242
Lancair just changed to early Feb...

...what a load of...

Don't get in to much of a rush - I have been waiting for the new Corsair and Hellcat for a "while" now....

Mike
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2006, 10:33 AM
York Electronics
Dallas Tx USA
Joined Apr 1999
2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Don't get in to much of a rush - I have been waiting for the new Corsair and Hellcat for a "while" now....

Mike
How long is a "while"?

Gary
--
Gary Warner is offline Find More Posts by Gary Warner
Old Feb 01, 2006, 11:11 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,468 Posts
You don't really want to know, but............

It has been 14 months now......

That is 14 months since I first saw it on the Tower website.

Note the date on the post.......Yow!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=corsair
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by pda4you; Feb 01, 2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2006, 11:51 AM
York Electronics
Dallas Tx USA
Joined Apr 1999
2,505 Posts

Sounds like they want to see how many people want the product before they make it.

Gary
--
Old Feb 02, 2006, 11:03 AM
Joined Dec 2003
227 Posts
I'm really interested in the Lancair but not sure if i'm ready for a low wing plane. I've been flying my slow stick, e-starter, cub with no real problems and getting ready to fly my brushless tiger moth 400. Is this plane difficult to fly or do you think I would be ok? The lancair has some dehideral so I would think it self correct somewhat. What do you think?
BJAZ is offline Find More Posts by BJAZ
Old Feb 02, 2006, 11:35 AM
York Electronics
Dallas Tx USA
Joined Apr 1999
2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJAZ
I'm really interested in the Lancair but not sure if I’m ready for a low wing plane. I've been flying my slow stick, e-starter, cub with no real problems and getting ready to fly my brushless tiger moth 400. Is this plane difficult to fly or do you think I would be ok? The lancair has some dehideral so I would think it self correct somewhat. What do you think?
The dihedral on the .60 sized Lancair does not seem to have much effect due to a high center of gravity. It flies about neutral.

It's likely going to be a step forward in performance and in needed flying skills over what you have been flying. But that doesn't mean you will have trouble flying it. I think speed will be your biggest challenge. Getting used to faster planes is a normal progression in skills. At $99 for everything but the radio, it's about a cheap as you can get for trying out faster airplanes.

I'd say go for it. It's not going to be that big of a jump in performance.

Gary
--
Old Feb 02, 2006, 11:38 AM
Boynton Beach, FL
Joined Jul 2005
402 Posts
Do any of those models you mentioned have ailerons?

I think that it would need a good bit of speed to keep stable/flying well, which would be a but faster than the models you mentioned. I would try to get real good with that tigermoth/brushless and make sure you have some decent aileron time...and you should be ok.
Old Feb 02, 2006, 11:48 AM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,245 Posts
Quote:
I'm really interested in the Lancair but not sure if i'm ready for a low wing plane. I've been flying my slow stick, e-starter, cub with no real problems and getting ready to fly my brushless tiger moth 400. Is this plane difficult to fly or do you think I would be ok? The lancair has some dehideral so I would think it self correct somewhat. What do you think?
I have two of the 60 size Lancairs and they are fairly easy to fly. Even though it has a little diheral, there is little or no "self-correcting" during flight. It goes where you put it and as they say - it is really smooooooth.

As far whether you will be able to fly the plane, there should be no problems if you have gained proficiency with the cub. If this is your first low wing, there will be some period of adjustment to get use to the flight characteristics (more definative control). The major difference will be that you "bump" the ailerons instead of holding them for a turn. When you lean the plane into a bank, it stays there, then you use the elevator or rudder to complete the turn. On your first few flights just do a basic flight around the field with big turns - no aerobatic stuff. You will be OK.
Iflyrc_vic is offline Find More Posts by Iflyrc_vic
Old Feb 02, 2006, 11:54 AM
Joined Dec 2003
227 Posts
Yes, the e-starter and tiger moth have ailerons. I agree that if I get comfortable with my tiger moth, which is overpowered and has no dihederal, I would have a better chance with the lancair. I just love the looks of the lancair and might just buy one and let it sit untill I'm ready for it.
BJAZ is offline Find More Posts by BJAZ
Old Feb 02, 2006, 11:58 AM
South Carolina
Joined Dec 2002
194 Posts
I have one of these on order, I thought it was a great deal for what you get and is SUCH a pretty plane. I just noticed they are now saying "late February"...so we'll wait..and wait.
ksavage68 is offline Find More Posts by ksavage68
Old Feb 02, 2006, 12:23 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,468 Posts
Quote:
Yes, the e-starter and tiger moth have ailerons. I agree that if I get comfortable with my tiger moth, which is overpowered and has no dihederal, I would have a better chance with the lancair. I just love the looks of the lancair and might just buy one and let it sit untill I'm ready for it.
This might be a tad bit of a handfull for you. Why not try the Formosa or CG Tiger first. Then you will be ready for sure.

Hard to say though I had a guy go from a slowstick to a formosa and I though he would kill it instanty. He didn't.

Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2006, 01:13 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
Joined Jul 2005
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksavage68
I just noticed they are now saying "late February"...

!#%@!^$@#%!@#$@#$^%@!$#@

It went from Mid feb a couple weeks ago..to late jan...then to early feb 2 days ago, now late feb. It was early feb like this morning!!!

...ridiculous...
Old Feb 02, 2006, 05:49 PM
Joined Jun 2004
236 Posts
Gary,

I have been progressing in this hobby for some time now, mostly electric, but some nitro too.
I apreciate the #'s that you posted previously. I had no idea how to even get an idea how an electric would fly before the maiden, I found the #'s so useful that I pasted them into a word document, for later study. Thank You.
I have a question though, do those numbers hold true for a ducted fan (electric) model?
R/C Flier268 is offline Find More Posts by R/C Flier268