Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:26 PM
HeliTown
The Bay Area, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,047 Posts
Discussion
How good the Hyperion Emeter?

I am thinking of buying a tach to measure my headspeed but since I have Hyperion ESC, I am looking at the Hyperion Emeter. Before I spend another $90 or something on this, can you share your opipion of this device - good or bad and what is the most useful function you find with this device?
Thanks
Eddie
Eddiemoth is offline Find More Posts by Eddiemoth
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:31 PM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
I saw one at my lhs and i wish i would have bought a hyperion esc. Do you have a hyperion esc?
Nick J is offline Find More Posts by Nick J
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:39 PM
Hi Wattage Electrics - Cool
Jordan, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2004
617 Posts
It's a great tool, if you build motors....the tool is a must have.

The most useful feature for me is the ability to take current,voltage and RPM measurements simultaneously while recording
to a PC. (be sure to purchase the required PC cable.)
Rad Racer is offline Find More Posts by Rad Racer
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:46 PM
HeliTown
The Bay Area, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliman13
I saw one at my lhs and i wish i would have bought a hyperion esc. Do you have a hyperion esc?
Yes, I have a hyperion esc. Because I am going to spend about $40 for a tach, I thought maybe I pay a little more and get an Emeter. I have an X400 that refuses to take off and without a tach - I am like a blind guy.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:50 PM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
I would totally buy it i almost considered selling my cc35 for a hyperion setup they seem to make all around great products
Nick J is offline Find More Posts by Nick J
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:00 AM
HeliTown
The Bay Area, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,047 Posts
I just found this thread about the Hyperion software and want to link from here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...to_threadtools
Old Jan 23, 2006, 01:08 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,114 Posts
Hyperion eMeter - thoroughly recommended!

I have one (way too sophisticated and capable compared to me and it has done everything I asked of it. I hook it up between my cells, a balancer and the !2v power source, so I can see current, total voltage before and now, MAh in etc. Plus its a tacho and a heap of other things. Clever piece of gear!
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Jan 23, 2006, 04:18 AM
But it wasnt like that b4
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
186 Posts
If you are into electrics, whether fixed or rotary wing i would consider an e-meter or similar a must. It quickly and easily lets you measure real time volatges and current draw, as well letting you see what your battery charger is doing if you happen to have one without an LCD display. Ofcourse the e-meter has the added bonus of the tacho.
The RC Rat is offline Find More Posts by The RC Rat
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:14 AM
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Jul 2003
280 Posts
I use the Hyperion e-meter to record and store different battery/esc/motor/prop combinations for comparison. You'll need the PC interface cable to do that. I also purchased the 20amp shunt for use with my small electrics. The 20amp shunt provides another decimal point of accuracy.
Trek2120 is offline Find More Posts by Trek2120
Old Jan 23, 2006, 01:20 PM
Joined Nov 2002
614 Posts
You might also want to take a look at this:
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/micro.htm
Got most of the functions of the emeter, apart from programming the ESC, but has the benefit of being able to record real flight data
Luap is offline Find More Posts by Luap