HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2002, 06:50 PM
dare to be dull
Deland, FL
Joined Jun 2002
714 Posts
Pleeeze! help needed with Neu speed control for Mega S7

Hi:

Just bought a 4.2m scale glider with an electric up'n'go system, my first electric. Check the pic at bottom.

Looks like the glider has been dormant for a while( previous owner says it's un-flown) so the propulsion is probably pretty dated. It's a Mega S7(BRUSHED motor) with a SWN FAI controller powered by 16 cells/ 1400Mah. This all swings a Graupner 11x7 prop thru the belt drive, 1:1.

I did see the S7 on the Mega web site . I have been looking for information on the ESC, but couldn't find anything.

Printed on the back of the speed controller is:

FAI Controller
10-40 volts@100 amps
7-10 volts@85 amps

By SWN San Diego CA

HERE"S THE PROBLEM

The first time I got the system charged up, it seemed to run fine. Throttle was reversed, but once I fixed that and tuned the ATV on the radio, I had fine control of the speed.

Now, a week later, I went in the shop to set up the glider and the power system is wacky. The motor goes full on as soon as I plug the battery power in. It stops as soon as I either disconnect the pack (of course) or disconnect the ESC control from the Rx. I don't know what changed. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a particular order to switch ESC vs Rx on? I thought I tried it both ways..

Guidelines for running this particular ESC would be welcome. If I read my specs right, I could get away with a substantially smaller ( less power) ESC if need be.

If you think this one is broke, advice on getting it fixed - or getting a new one would be most welcome. Supplier's web site's would be of great value as well.

Thanks
bigjohn is offline Find More Posts by bigjohn
Last edited by bigjohn; Jun 13, 2002 at 12:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2002, 12:18 PM
dare to be dull
Deland, FL
Joined Jun 2002
714 Posts
Nevermind

Nevermind, got it.
bigjohn is offline Find More Posts by bigjohn
Last edited by bigjohn; Jun 14, 2002 at 12:09 AM.