Old Jun 12, 2002, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by bigjohn
dare to be dull
Deland, FL
Joined Jun 2002
801 Posts
Pleeeze! help needed with Neu speed control for Mega S7

Hi:

Just bought a 4.2m scale glider with an electric up'n'go system, my first electric. Check the pic at bottom.

Looks like the glider has been dormant for a while( previous owner says it's un-flown) so the propulsion is probably pretty dated. It's a Mega S7(BRUSHED motor) with a SWN FAI controller powered by 16 cells/ 1400Mah. This all swings a Graupner 11x7 prop thru the belt drive, 1:1.

I did see the S7 on the Mega web site . I have been looking for information on the ESC, but couldn't find anything.

Printed on the back of the speed controller is:

FAI Controller
10-40 volts@100 amps
7-10 volts@85 amps

By SWN San Diego CA

HERE"S THE PROBLEM

The first time I got the system charged up, it seemed to run fine. Throttle was reversed, but once I fixed that and tuned the ATV on the radio, I had fine control of the speed.

Now, a week later, I went in the shop to set up the glider and the power system is wacky. The motor goes full on as soon as I plug the battery power in. It stops as soon as I either disconnect the pack (of course) or disconnect the ESC control from the Rx. I don't know what changed. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a particular order to switch ESC vs Rx on? I thought I tried it both ways..

Guidelines for running this particular ESC would be welcome. If I read my specs right, I could get away with a substantially smaller ( less power) ESC if need be.

If you think this one is broke, advice on getting it fixed - or getting a new one would be most welcome. Supplier's web site's would be of great value as well.

Thanks
bigjohn is offline Find More Posts by bigjohn
Last edited by bigjohn; Jun 13, 2002 at 11:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by bigjohn
dare to be dull
Deland, FL
Joined Jun 2002
801 Posts
Nevermind

Nevermind, got it.
bigjohn is offline Find More Posts by bigjohn
Last edited by bigjohn; Jun 13, 2002 at 11:09 PM.