HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2006, 01:29 AM
I didn't do it!
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
Cool
Draganflyer V Ti Pro Nav Lights Video

This is a demo of the new LED navigation lighting system for my Draganflyer V Ti Pro. They work very well for high altitude flying at night. My other DF V is all black, the airframe and even the carbon fiber rotors and disappears into the black night sky at around 25 ft. The only thing I can see are these lights so I'm sure I would never see it again without them.

DF Navigation Lights Flight
Sky Link is offline Find More Posts by Sky Link
Last edited by Sky Link; Aug 28, 2006 at 04:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:42 AM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Those are nice and bright. Keep this up, and I will have to buy one of those things Bud
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Jan 21, 2006, 11:26 AM
Colorado Springs,Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
113 Posts
I have to get some of those to put on my DF they are really cool and make it look like something right out of the X-Files for sure.
moe3754 is offline Find More Posts by moe3754
Old Jan 21, 2006, 03:31 PM
I didn't do it!
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
I installed this kit in about 10 minutes so it doesn't look all that professional. The other keychain LEDs you see on the frame are what I used until I got these. They work really well and are just as bright but lose their highest intensity after a few flights. New button cell batteries for them are $4 per 2 pack x5 lights and they all have to be turned on seperately! These LEDs run off of the flight pack and one switch turns them all on plus they maintain intensity! I am also getting a custom Lipo button cell array to power these lights independently so they won't take any more power, as little as it is, from the flight pack because I am currently powering the helo, camera and camera transmitter. This kit is on my for fun DF. I'm waiting on a the newer controller to put on my high end DF. The new controller can handle more voltage and offers up to 20 profile sequences instead of only 5 like this one.

Moe, this controller is powered from the 5v servo output on the board. You will need to get DFI to send you the multipin to 3 pin adapter if it didn't come with your helo. They said they only send them on request but they are free.

You can get any color combination of solids and/or strobes. The strobes pulse like real strobes and don't just blink like other simulated LED strobes! It really does make a difference. You can get any custom harness you want. I was testing these different colors all at once to see which would be more visible in daylight. I think I'm going to go with 3 LED arrays per fixture using green for the wing and nose lights because the contrast very well with the sky in daylight and of course at night! Then I'm going to put 4 more white 3 LED arrays, one on each motor arm firing down for landing lights. Those will be controlled by the transmitter for liftoff and landing only. If you order a kit, make sure to tell him that it's for a DF because he will need to cut the wires to a managable length of 12". He'll cut them to whatever you want but I found 12" to be sufficient. Otherwise, they will come with 36" of wire per LED and you will then have 10 extra feet to manage and tote!
Last edited by Sky Link; Mar 16, 2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 03:37 PM
I didn't do it!
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
Night Flight Video with Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudandretti
Those are nice and bright. Keep this up, and I will have to buy one of those things Bud
They have to be when flying the DF at 300-500 ft in the day or at night. But, they are not quite bright enough for daylight, yet. I'm having 3 LED arrays per fixture, each with higher voltages, made for super bright luminance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe3754
I have to get some of those to put on my DF they are really cool and make it look like something right out of the X-Files for sure.
Check out these other night flight videos with lights! More to come!

More Night Flight Video with Lights
Last edited by Sky Link; Mar 25, 2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:39 PM
I didn't do it!
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
This is some recent aerial footage of the new SAVS in flight at night with nav lights!

Draganflyer SAVS Night Flight Lights
Last edited by Sky Link; Mar 25, 2006 at 09:34 PM.