Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:58 AM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Brazil, RJ, Miguel Pereira
Joined Apr 2007
919 Posts
As I know so far nobody have a Seaduck's ARF or something. My project is on hold but if all goes right, I'll have a "scale" plans soon.
Wilian Amaral is offline Find More Posts by Wilian Amaral
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:30 PM
So many planes, So little foam
USA, CA, Vista
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
Wow! I love that plane. I have to build it. Any idea when, or if plans will be available for this? that is awesome. subscribed.

GH
gearhead351 is offline Find More Posts by gearhead351
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:06 PM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Joined Apr 2007
919 Posts
GH, I have my project on hold for now. The reason why is I wanna make deep aerodynamical studies to make a descent flyable giant model. As you see, the 3-view drawings we found online aren't scale and they differ scale between each view.

I'm kinda recreating the entire plane so it can look scale and be flyable.

The only thing I have for sure is the wingspan around 110".
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:21 AM
So many planes, So little foam
USA, CA, Vista
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
that's great. any ideas how you plan to power it? in the thread for the twins www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124466 there is an outline for using differential thrust for the rudder using a v-tail mixer. seems pretty easy. I'll be waiting eagerly for you to finish your research. any thoughts on doing a Kfm airfoil on it? Kfm3 would be a good one for this plane. Keep me (us) posted on your progress.

GH
gearhead351 is offline Find More Posts by gearhead351
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:36 PM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Joined Apr 2007
919 Posts
I'm plannig something like 30-50cc gas engines. I'm not into electric planes. Guess it's my bad luck with lipos.

For the airfoils I'm using X-Foil and the XLRF5 softwares to do the math. The same softwares we use in the aerodesign team here in my college.

The fact iss I'm basing the plane dimensions from 2 planes: The B-25 Mitchell and the Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar. The Seaduck is supposed to be a medium freighter, so it may be capable to carry a couple tons of load or something like 30 people + bagage. It leads us toward NACA airfoils. Something like a NACA-2415 or so. Plus fowler flaps, slats and all the big planes stuff to generate lift when landing.

When scaling down to 110" we should have something like a 1/10 or 1/9 scale plane.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
Hey any word on plans for this airplane? Used to be a favorite of mine when I was a kid and I would love to build it!!
Jetlinkdriver is offline Find More Posts by Jetlinkdriver
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:34 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlinkdriver View Post
Hey any word on plans for this airplane? Used to be a favorite of mine when I was a kid and I would love to build it!!
I am currently working on a 32" balsa kit design that will use the 1811 10g outrunners swinging GWS 5x3x3 props. Hope to bring it in at around 10oz RTF the 3D model is complete and now to do the part work.
CapMike is online now Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:49 PM
Port Orchard Washington
Joined Jul 2009
140 Posts
any sort of plans or 3 views of this plane i would love to try micro with this plane using the mossy twin engine setup so anything may help
thanks
gaexcalibur is offline Find More Posts by gaexcalibur
Old Sep 05, 2013, 12:08 AM
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
Conwing L16

Hey, I was wondering if anyone on here has drawn up blueprints for the sea duck. like if you were to make it out of balsa.
I've wanted, for a long time, to build a full sized, fully functional, aircraft based off of the Conwing L16. But am finding it hard to find a starting point.
Any advice would be helpful.
shanjoo is offline Find More Posts by shanjoo
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:26 PM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Joined Apr 2007
919 Posts
Shanjoo, I put mine on hold for now. Too much things to do wich are more important to me now, but She's coming along slowly. I based my research on the cartoon and tried to compare it's size to a few well known objects, like a truck, boxes, etc. If it was ever designed on real world she would be simmilar in size as a B-25, or a DC-3 or DC-4. The first plane to look after is the C-119 Flying Boxcar wich as far as I can see is a little big compared to the seaduck.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 06:36 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,715 Posts
The Sea Duck was based loosly on the Grumman Goose being breed to the C-19 boxcar. That is how the cartoonist best described it
CapMike is online now Find More Posts by CapMike