HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:28 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined May 2002
911 Posts
Build Log
Hyperion Yak 55SP Pics., Video, & Build thread

A thread for pics. build notes, mods, video and discussion of the Hyperion Yak 55SP.

I'll post some pics., hopefully this afternoon. I'll add what I can as I get started on it. Feel free to jump right in!
DesertRC is offline Find More Posts by DesertRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2006, 02:19 PM
Lost in Bermuda Triangle
Bermuda
Joined Nov 2005
300 Posts
Where can the model be purchased?
BermudaTriangle is offline Find More Posts by BermudaTriangle
Old Jan 17, 2006, 02:30 PM
Wellington, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BermudaTriangle
Where can the model be purchased?
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=2093
mode101 is offline Find More Posts by mode101
Old Jan 17, 2006, 02:46 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Ours (with free shipping) should be available in a day or so at 3DHobbyShop. Here are some nice photos of the Yak taken by Fred Midgett who does the cool videos -
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 17, 2006, 02:53 PM
Lost in Bermuda Triangle
Bermuda
Joined Nov 2005
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
Ours (with free shipping) should be available in a day or so at 3DHobbyShop. Here are some nice photos of the Yak taken by Fred Midgett who does the cool videos -

This is great news!!! Do you know what other new models are on the horizon for Hyperion?
BermudaTriangle is offline Find More Posts by BermudaTriangle
Old Jan 17, 2006, 03:47 PM
United States, AZ, Apache Junction
Joined Sep 2002
268 Posts
New Hyperion models

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermudaTriangle
This is great news!!! Do you know what other new models are on the horizon for Hyperion?
The next Hyperion models that will be available will be the larger YAK 54 "40" size electric ARF, the MISS HYPERION HYDROFOAM flying boat, and the P-51 Glass Scale "25" size in olive drab and Miss America paint schemes (already available in European Theatre Blue Paint Scheme). All will be available through ALL e RC with free shipping around the middle of next month.

We currently have the Black and the Blue YAK 55SP and the P-51 European Theatre Blue kits in stock with free shipping. We also carry the kits with the power sets which includes the motor, speed control, gold connectors, and prop adapter.

"We strongly recommend that you purchase Hyperion kits with the "power set" option, for three good reasons:

First, the models are specifically developed for the power set, and extensively flight tested to insure both stunning performance and perfect reliability.

When you buy the kit with power set, both the Kit and the Power Set have discounts applied. In some cases this can amount to nearly 20%, and you always save 10% or more on kit, motor, controller, adapter, and connectors.

And you can't get better quality parts, anywhere, at any price..."

Sincerely,

David Sobel
www.allerc.com
ALL e RC is offline Find More Posts by ALL e RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by ALL e RC; Jan 17, 2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 03:48 PM
Wellington, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL e RC
The next Hyperion models that will be available will be the larger YAK 54 "40" size electric ARF, the MISS HYPERION HYDROFOAM flying boat, and the P-51 Glass Scale "25" size in olive drab and Miss America paint schemes (already available in European Theatre Blue Paint Scheme).

Sincerely,

David Sobel
www.allerc.com
Miss America will be nice.....
mode101 is offline Find More Posts by mode101
Old Jan 17, 2006, 05:17 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Nov 2005
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher

That is a very sharp looking plane. Will it be more geared towards "sport" and not 3D flying?
slush is offline Find More Posts by slush
Old Jan 17, 2006, 07:31 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
Now that you have dropped the bomb on the miss america I can breathe a sigh of relief as I was sworn to secrecy for a while. That is the one I have been holding out for and it will be well worth the wait.
papasmurf is offline Find More Posts by papasmurf
Old Jan 17, 2006, 08:45 PM
San Pedro, CA
Joined Mar 2002
660 Posts
Well, I had a package from ALLeRC waiting for me this evening and just had to open it and take pictures. As I opened the shipping box the first thing I noticed was that the airplane box comes with a carrying handle on top; impressive. The box is so nice I wish I could use it to transport the plane!
Of course the cat smells another new plane.
locomoto is offline Find More Posts by locomoto
Old Jan 17, 2006, 08:52 PM
San Pedro, CA
Joined Mar 2002
660 Posts
Here is the plane as packed and the low parts count; now that's my type of build! I guess the cat agrees.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to start the build anytime soon since I already started building my Fliton Edge540 mini.

Hyperion and Fliton have sure up the mark as far as quality and looks are concerned!

Dave
locomoto is offline Find More Posts by locomoto
Old Jan 17, 2006, 09:10 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,222 Posts
Well the "teaser" photos are definitly working. I'll be following this thread very closely. The 55 is one nice looking ride .
dawg
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Jan 17, 2006, 09:20 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
Very nice looking plane. I like the black one alot more than the blue too. Anxious to hear how it stacks up to the fliton planes as far as 3D capability as I am really impressed with my fliton extra.
papasmurf is offline Find More Posts by papasmurf
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:00 PM
Toof-fairy
Perth, Australia
Joined Sep 2005
802 Posts
WOW love the black, and the eyes...

Fliton planes just seem to have te edge over hyperion so far on colour schemes though. How does this compare to a Precision Aerobatics ARF kits like the katana mini. The white with the clear colour surfaces.

Thats got some top notch quality as well.

Owen
osmium_192 is offline Find More Posts by osmium_192
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:11 PM
Upside down Miss Jane....
Georgetown, Newcastle, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
2,153 Posts
Owen,

Quality wise they are similar. The yak is smaller than the Katana mini and slightly larger than the other hyperion park scale planes (slightly longer span, more wing area, but similar fuse length). Its a very nice finished plane - just wished the lines on the cowl and fuse matched better on mine.

cheers, Shawn
Stuntman is offline Find More Posts by Stuntman