Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 16, 2006, 07:15 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Fly-In
Electric "Only" Fly-In at ORCA, Orlando, Florida

Dear Flyers: (Notice I said Flyers not Electric Flyers!)

I welcome you all to an Electric Fly-In on Feburary 18th, 2006 down in wonderful Central Florida (Orlando, Florida) at the R/C Orlando Associates Club Field.

www.orlandorc.org

To fly you would need to be a current AMA member.

Cute link at the Club's Web Site: (Yes, it still says TBD)
http://www.orlandorc.org/upcoming.htm

No, this club is NOT an Electric only Club nor is it full with Electric R/C Flyers except to say, it's one of the best and friendliest Clubs I have ever come across such that both Glow/Gas and Electrics fly side-by-side and you don't hear any pickering nor groupies of any kind!

I have selected February 18th, 2006 because this date is after Valentines Day and hopefully everyone has more or less recovered from the holidays!

The Administration of Orlando R/C Association has been nice to dedicate one day out of the weekend for an Electric Fly-In that "all" can join and bring any kind of Electric Powered Models for all to see.

Please mark your calendars and I am making arrangements of local Hobby Stores to participate. If I don't get participation from local Hobby Stores, never fear as Carlos (Guapoman2000) has enough new models still in the box for a nice raffle!

Thank you for this opportunity and if you have any questions then, please e-mail or PM me.

Thank you!
Carlos (ORCA Member Electric Coordinator)
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Feb 02, 2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Posted Aerial Map for Directions
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2006, 07:30 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Yes, even Park Zone F-27 Stykers (mega Powered) and "WINGS" of any power system are welcomed to participate in this Electric Fly-In!
Old Jan 16, 2006, 08:51 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,137 Posts
kewl,.. another e-flying near here. unless something comes up with work, count me in.
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Jan 16, 2006, 09:28 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRIGHT
kewl,.. another e-flying near here. unless something comes up with work, count me in.
Gary!!! Great to learn you might be joining us!!

For those that have never been to this Club:

http://www.orlandorc.org/map.htm

Hope these maps provide you all with ample directions!
Old Jan 16, 2006, 10:01 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Head Count!

Okay, just like Gary Wright posted his intensions of coming then, can those whom are interested and more or less certain you like to attend then please reply with a head count of your party.

Thanks!
Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; Jan 16, 2006 at 10:09 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 10:16 AM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,309 Posts
depending on work i might be able to come,would love to just dont know yet will let you know when i find out. see ya at Odessa
MustangAce17 is online now Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Jan 16, 2006, 02:53 PM
cocoa fl
Joined Jul 2003
513 Posts
Hi Carlos,

Count me in. Thanks for the PM. I might have missed it otherwise.

Thanks,

Cliff
Cliff Smith is offline Find More Posts by Cliff Smith
Old Jan 16, 2006, 03:20 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Wonderful Cliff,

I will try to PM others that I know "or" who live in Florida to see if they can come as well..

Thanks for the reply!

Looking to see you at ORCA!

Carlos
Old Jan 16, 2006, 04:22 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Gee, hmmm, YES! I am in for that show. I think I have a few electrics to fly
Chuck
Chuck McHugh is offline Find More Posts by Chuck McHugh
Old Jan 16, 2006, 05:42 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Joined Aug 2004
2,697 Posts
I'll be there- unfortunately I am scheduled to work until 1 pm that day- I will try to get someone to cover for me, worst case I'll be at the field at 2pm. I've got some new (to you guys) projects I've been working on..... Some .40 and .60 electric conversions!!
ScaleBrad is offline Find More Posts by ScaleBrad
Last edited by Brad'sBirds; Jan 16, 2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 06:20 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad'sBirds
I'll be there- unfortunately I am scheduled to work until 1 pm that day- I will try to get someone to cover for me, worst case I'll be at the field at 2pm. I've got some new (to you guys) projects I've been working on..... Some .40 and .60 electric conversions!!
Love to see some more electric conversions. Always room for new ideas
Chuck
Chuck McHugh is offline Find More Posts by Chuck McHugh
Old Jan 17, 2006, 07:31 AM
Fly Every Day
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Apr 2001
801 Posts
Sign at road?

I am going to try to be there with some of my conversions. I now fly all electric.
Will there be a sign at the road to locate the field as I have never been by there. The closest I have ever been is the airport.

Paul
pmmartin is offline Find More Posts by pmmartin
Old Jan 17, 2006, 07:39 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmmartin
I am going to try to be there with some of my conversions. I now fly all electric.
Will there be a sign at the road to locate the field as I have never been by there. The closest I have ever been is the airport.

Paul
Paul,

That is a very good question as I even had problems, at first, in guessing where exactly the field was....it is rather very close to State Road 528, Beech Line (formerly known as the BEE LINE) and it's 1/10 of a mile South from this highway along Norcoosee Road, on the Left as you come down South on Norcoosee Road.

I think it is a very good idea to post some ballons or a sign so, you will see it from the road since you will pass the enterance as you travel down Norcoosee Road because there's a road divider so, you will need to make a U-Turn and come around.

Super question and idea results! Someone will be in charge of a nice sign and/or ballons!

Carlos
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:55 AM
Aerodynamically challenged
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,172 Posts
Sounds like fun. I don't have an AMA card yet. Don't know if they'll get me one in time now. Still will come and check it out though. If I get my parts in time I can finish my Kyosho T-33 EDF. Sure would like to zip down the runway with that bird. Got a HW-609 fan coming for it with a 2W-20. Should give me about 650 watts. Only getting about 30 oz.(@600 watts) of thrust with the Mini Fan, need more power! Thanks for the heads up.
Jason
3Deranged is offline Find More Posts by 3Deranged
Old Jan 19, 2006, 03:06 AM
Hey Now
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Joined Feb 2004
2,655 Posts
Jetgirl (Maddie) and I will be there if i'm recovered enough from my shoulder surgery.

Scott
speleopower is offline Find More Posts by speleopower