SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:13 PM
Joined Dec 2005
17 Posts
Discussion
Yellow Bee & Piper J3 Cub at Harbor Freight

I just bought one of each. The Piper was $79.99 about 2 weeks ago when I got it.
I bought the Yellow Bee for $29.99 yesterday, Saturday, 1-14-2006.

I have assembled both. What do I do first? Should I cycle the batteries 2-3 times before I fly?
What else ? I'm a beginner and would be thankful for any help from all the experts.
So far this young year, there hasn't been any good flying weather here in Kentucky. Has been very windy and overcast with some rain.
Thank you.
Clava
clava is offline Find More Posts by clava
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:35 PM
near Twin Cities
Joined Jan 2004
75 Posts
Fly the cheaper one first. It wont feel so bad when you crash it. Thats not directed at you , every plane has its time, and when starting out, crashes can happen fast.
Greenflight is offline Find More Posts by Greenflight
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:10 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
800 Posts
Install Hacker C-50 with a decent gear setup and run 28 sub C 3300s for starters. This setup will give you good ROGs and speed.
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old Jan 16, 2006, 06:30 PM
palmer, alaska
Joined Nov 2005
239 Posts
i would have to go with greenflight on this one. fly the yellow bee first. the J3 should fly better and be easier to controll but, you are going to crash. we all crash... although my last one was more of a hard landing then a crash.
make use of the cheaper plane to get used to direction control in the air. its very easy to get mixed up with left and right when controling your plane. i have a Firebird Scout that i have used for this practice.
i think the wheels are a waist on the bee type plane though. just belly land.
thealaskaneagle is offline Find More Posts by thealaskaneagle
Old Jan 16, 2006, 06:50 PM
near Twin Cities
Joined Jan 2004
75 Posts
A good thing to try with the cub before you fly it, is just taxi around on the ground in a nice big smooth area and get use to the throttle and the way to turn the plane. Lots of r/c enthusiasts start with a boat or car and they have a head start on those of us that started with planes.
Greenflight is offline Find More Posts by Greenflight