HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2006, 03:50 PM
I didn't do it!
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
Whoops!
Draganflyer V Ti Pro 100 ft Freefall Video!

Here is a 100 ft freefall POV video from my Draganflyer V Ti Pro. The cause of the accident was sudden power failure and is unknown why but the NTSB report should be released soon.

100 ft Freefall!
Sky Link is offline Find More Posts by Sky Link
Last edited by Sky Link; Aug 28, 2006 at 04:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2006, 06:59 AM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Was that video took with the eyecam extreme, or the cheaper video camera? What device do you use to record your video? How bad was the crash? I bet that made you sick to your stomach watching your bird fall out of the sky like that. I would have fell to my knees. I hope it wasn't to bad.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Last edited by av8ersteve; Jan 16, 2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 07:33 AM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Poor person in the car, probably thought we where being invaded. Hope everything came out OK.Bud
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Jan 16, 2006, 12:23 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,768 Posts
video doesnt work.......idk why though
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old Jan 16, 2006, 02:51 PM
I didn't do it!
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom
video doesnt work.......idk why though
What is idk? Are you trying to view it with an Apple?
Old Jan 16, 2006, 02:59 PM
I didn't do it!
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve
Was that video took with the eyecam extreme, or the cheaper video camera? What device do you use to record your video? How bad was the crash? I bet that made you sick to your stomach watching your bird fall out of the sky like that. I would have fell to my knees. I hope it wasn't to bad.
No, that video was taken with the basic Eyecam CMOS camera. I am now using a higher end CCD camera that has a white balance feature. I used a VHS VCR to record that day because my adapter was on the way for my DV camera that can't accept analog inputs. All video after that day has been recorded to my DV camera via a media converter. Either the first power failure was because of an RF hit or the beginning of what I eventually discovered with the battery connector to the circuit board. The 100' fall must have yanked the connector even more causing failure and these other two subsequent crashes. Below is the whole story with two more lower altitude freefalls following the big one. Talk about a bad day!

My NTSB Report
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3675858

R/C Easy Button
As soon as I got one of these, everything got a whole lot better!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...72&postcount=1
Last edited by Sky Link; Jan 18, 2006 at 03:13 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 03:47 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,768 Posts
no i'm using windows Media player, but it says that it cant read the file or something and the vid doesnt work
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old Jan 17, 2006, 03:25 AM
I didn't do it!
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudandretti
Poor person in the car, probably thought we where being invaded. Hope everything came out OK.Bud
Yes, that scared the st out of me too. It would have put a nice dent in the car's hood, roof, trunk....... Oh, I don't even want to think about it.