SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2006, 04:31 AM
Joined Jan 2006
15 Posts
Discussion
RC Flying sites & clubs in Thailand

Hi - I'm new on rcgroups & just registered - found it by chance looking for rc flying sites in Thailand. Does anyone know where to fly rc models in Buriram and Chiangmai Thailand ? Please post. Thanks. MalcolmL
MalcolmL is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2006, 04:36 AM
Joined Jan 2006
15 Posts
Hi - further to my new post today about rc flying in Thailand, how do I request to be automatically alerted to any replies posted to this thread ? MalcolmL
Old Jan 14, 2006, 04:40 AM
Joined Jan 2006
15 Posts
This is for A-M C, as you see, I'm on now - so thanks for your intervention - if any. MalcolmL
Old Jan 14, 2006, 04:42 AM
Joined Jan 2006
15 Posts
OK - here's just one more and then I'll quit - I chose to post on this section because it seemed the most general - is there a section just dealing with general matters & queries that I sgould have posted to ? Thanks. MalcolmL
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:40 AM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,003 Posts
There is a flying site out near the north end of the main runway at Don Maung. Or there was, it's been 2-3 years since I was there. Also at the University in Korat, in a open area to the south of the property. It's a area where people go mountain biking.. I don't know the adresses or street names, but I could drive there.

But, sorry I don't have any idea about the specific towns you mention.
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:56 AM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
Your best bet is to find a model shop and ask there - if there is one. I've spent some time up in Chiang Mai and I never came across any model shops... but then I wasn't looking. I wouldn't expect the aero-modelling scene to be as big as in the west, but I'm sure some people have caught the bug.

If there is no modelling shop in Chiangmai (which I suspect is the case) then that kinda tells you how many people are flying. Bangkok I'm sure has more than one.

Ask about - the local police or other authorities might know... or electric fliers might be using a golf course.

big bird
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Old Jan 15, 2006, 08:00 PM
Joined Jan 2006
15 Posts
gouda & big bird - thanks for both your replies. I was asking about flying fields & model shops at Buriram & Chiangmai because I have a RC friend who is just about to move Buriram and I have recently moved to Chiangmai myself. In response to your comments :-
A/ about the club north of the Don Muang runway, I know there has been an RC flying club 5 kms to the West of DM airport (which makes it legal & safe) for more than 30 years; but haven't heard about the one to the north of DM (which may be interfering with the approach path of DM - unless it's a long, long way away !). The one to the West is/was DM RC Flying Club on RTAF land but open to the public. It was to be closed to the public to make a golf course (!) for the PM's Thai Elite Card club but THAT seems to have all gone quiet - the field & facilities were downgraded (closed ?) but some former members of DMRCFC are said to be still using it. Any current news would be appreciated - thanks.
B/ There's flying in Chiangmai, I've learnt, at 2 clubs with blacktop runways and two others (possibly ?) over grass fields. And there ARE model shops in Chiangmai - 2 or even a 3rd one which I haven't found yet - one of the model shops is situated at the flying field on the 2nd Ring Road at Sanpuleui (spelling ?) near Doisaket. The other club is further south/east towards Lampun by about 12 kms.
C/ Buriram - we haven't found a model shop at Buriram yet to ask about RC flying - or any RC flyers - or anyone who knows anything about RC flying there. So we're still interested if anyone knows .........
Thanks MalcolmL
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:14 PM
Joined Jan 2006
15 Posts
RC field at Buriram Thailand

Hi - me again. About a RC flying field and / or group at Buriram Thailand, I've been tyold about a site at a place called Ban Kok Wat. Does anyone know how to find this as it's not any map I have - and locals don't seem to have heard of it. Thanks MalcolmL