HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2006, 07:49 AM
Gothenburg, Sweden
Joined Jan 2001
1,104 Posts
Discussion
Elite, a simple F3P-B / F3P-C design

I´ve been working on a simple shockflyer monoplane, aimed a little more at precision flight than 3D, but trying to make it it perform both. I made the ailerons a little bit smaller than on most shockys, but kept the rudder and elevator at a fairly normal size, to make precision rolling a bit easier, but still maintaing good control for torque rolls, etc.

I´ve just finished up the plans and I´m wondering if there is any interest for a plane like this. Plans would in that case be free to everyone, if I can just have somebody help me test it out first. It needs to be built light. 6 oz would be the maximum weight that I would like to fly it at, and I will keep mine below 5 oz, hopefully closer to 4.5.

Size is 800 x 800mm or 31.5 x 31.5". Let me know what you think...

/Erik
Erik Johansson is offline Find More Posts by Erik Johansson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:47 AM
Salt Lake City
Joined Feb 2005
89 Posts
I like that !!

Nice lines! I will build one (or two) this next week when I get back into town! The name Elite appeals to me also--I had a design on the market in the 90's for FAI pattern called the Elite . I think I'll paint your design in the color scheme of my old Elite. By the way, I like where you put most of the lateral area on the fuse. The balance of the lateral area is really important to keeping the coupling out of the plane. Nice work!!
KNUFFAN is offline Find More Posts by KNUFFAN
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:05 AM
Gothenburg, Sweden
Joined Jan 2001
1,104 Posts
Yeah I tried to give it more lateral area than most and try to keep it balanced. One of the last things I changed on it was to move the "canopy" 15mm closer to the nose. I think it looks pretty nicely balanced now, so let´s hope the old saying "if it looks good it flies good" still holds true.

I also want to give credit to Sébastien Guillaume from France. He designed a plane called the "Super Fly Micro" which is what I based the looks of this design on. There is really not a single thing left on it from the Super Fly, except the shape of the vertical stab, but I do want to give this great guy credit for the nice basic lines which was my inspiration.

/Erik
Erik Johansson is offline Find More Posts by Erik Johansson