HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2008, 09:59 AM
Fly it like ya stole it!
USA, OH, Cortland
Joined Aug 2007
280 Posts
Meatshield, You ever Run boats over at Chippewa? is that close to you? I ran there like a decade an half ago, was wondering if they still have club out there?
RadioAv8tor is offline Find More Posts by RadioAv8tor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2008, 12:31 PM
USA, Ohio
Joined Dec 2005
1,628 Posts
I am in Trumbull County, just down the road from RadioAv8tor. There are several clubs around here. I joined the Nighthawks but have not flown yet at their field, although I did get to attend their R/C jet weekend which was very cool.

-Marty
martinmarty is offline Find More Posts by martinmarty
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:43 PM
Crazy 3D noob
Medina OH
Joined Aug 2008
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioAv8tor
Meatshield, You ever Run boats over at Chippewa? is that close to you? I ran there like a decade an half ago, was wondering if they still have club out there?
I personally don't do boats but one of my flying buddies does. He's raced there many times. They ran the internationals there the past couple of years but there was a change in the club leadership and apparently they've gone downhill We actually fly right there, at the sod farm. Got a smallish group and we are thinking about getting our own charter, since most local clubs are capped or too far to drive on a regular basis.

And yeah, I'm less than 10 minutes from there Makes it nice to be able to fly so close to home.
3D Meatshield is offline Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:53 AM
Joined Aug 2008
1 Posts
Fly In, Grand Rapids Ohio

Hi all, We are having a fly in in Grand Rapids ohio on 8/30/08 all are welcome.
This will be our first fly in and we hope to have a good turn out. There is a 2 acre land zone with 50+ acre open fly zone. So if you know anyone in the Toledo, Bowling Green area Please contat Andy for info at 419-213-0848 from 8am to 8pm.
Thanks All
FLAPS0313 is offline Find More Posts by FLAPS0313
Old Jan 03, 2009, 07:00 AM
USA, OH, Zanesville
Joined Mar 2004
20 Posts
Indoor Electric Flying

I know this a short notice, but anyone that wants to fly in doors, are club rents the Cambridge City Parks Armory 1101 Mcfarland Dr. Cambridge, OH 43725

We will be there tomorrow, Jan. 4th from 1pm to 5pm. There is a $5.00 charge to help pay for the rental of the building. AMA required to fly.
J_Dogg is offline Find More Posts by J_Dogg
Last edited by J_Dogg; Jan 03, 2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:24 PM
Flying to the sun.
Worthington, Ohio
Joined Jul 2009
47 Posts
just one more checking in from Ohio. I live in Columbus ( near Polaris Pkwy) and just picked up a heli today, I've been a racer for 10 years or so, 2wd buggy is my vehicle of choice but I've raced electric and nitro, on and off road.
LW Icarus is offline Find More Posts by LW Icarus
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:04 PM
Crash and learn!
Joined Jul 2009
28 Posts
Meigs county

Whoa, didn't see this area specific topic till now. It still seems there is no one close...at least that knows this is here. Great to see you all on here.

Strictly electric, flying f-22, yf 23, Simplicious, f-117

Crashing too of course.
sixnone is offline Find More Posts by sixnone
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:01 AM
Fly it like ya stole it!
USA, OH, Cortland
Joined Aug 2007
280 Posts
"Close"? your avatar says you are 525miles from me!!! I have lived in Ohio most of my life, and didn't realize it was so Big!!!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:33 AM
Crash and learn!
Joined Jul 2009
28 Posts
Close? GPS malfunction

Quote:
"Close"? your avatar says you are 525miles from me!!! I have lived in Ohio most of my life, and didn't realize it was so Big!!!

Yeah...I don't know what's going on with there gps mapping. Its got me a time or two also.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:38 AM
Crash and learn!
Joined Jul 2009
28 Posts
Location update

Quote:

Went in and tinkered...how bout now? state get any smaller?
Old Sep 03, 2009, 02:27 PM
Craig B
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Mar 2009
363 Posts
I'm in Stark County... does anyone know of a field called "Hawks" or something like that at the corner of state street and st. peters church rd? just north of Louisville??? I've been looking for a website, but nothing..

is anyone in stark county soaring?
browncbr1 is offline Find More Posts by browncbr1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Supercool V mount
Old Sep 03, 2009, 04:33 PM
Fly it like ya stole it!
USA, OH, Cortland
Joined Aug 2007
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by browncbr1
I'm in Stark County... does anyone know of a field called "Hawks" or something like that at the corner of state street and st. peters church rd? just north of Louisville??? I've been looking for a website, but nothing..

is anyone in stark county soaring?

Yes it's there! I can't remember if it's called Hawks, But I belive it's the N.Canton R/C club. I flew there years ago, drove by it this summer on the way to work. Call AeroTech for Info
Old Sep 03, 2009, 05:57 PM
USA, Ohio
Joined Dec 2005
1,628 Posts
I'm in Trumbull county.

There's one around here called Night Hawks.

There's also one called Sky Hawks in Braceville, OH, or maybe that's Southington, or Leavittsburg.

Don't know if either of those are the hawks you're thinking of.

-Marty
martinmarty is offline Find More Posts by martinmarty
Old Sep 09, 2009, 01:05 PM
Canton, OH
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
I am in the N. Canton area and just flew my Super Cub for the first time yesterday. There is a big grass field next to Jackson High School and I heard that other people fly there, so I gave it a chance. I also found the one in Louisville online and wouln't mind checking it out sometime too.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubdetails.aspx?club=1044
calebzman is offline Find More Posts by calebzman
Last edited by calebzman; Sep 09, 2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2009, 01:29 PM
Craig B
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Mar 2009
363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebzman
I am in the N. Canton area and just flew my Super Cub for the first time yesterday. There is a big grass field next to Jackson High School and I heard that other people fly there, so I gave it a chance. I also found the one in Louisville online and wouln't mind checking it out sometime too.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubdetails.aspx?club=1044

That is the N CAnton club field.
Here are coordinates to where I'm talking about.. it's probably closer to N Canton too.. 40.905806,-81.278422
browncbr1 is offline Find More Posts by browncbr1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Supercool V mount