SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:32 PM
www.silentflyers.com
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Jun 2004
786 Posts
Discussion
Stryker - to glass or not to glass

I am assembling a Stryker from scratch. I know foam and EPP don't hold paint very well. So I am trying to decide whether to just use polycrylic as a base for painting or to glass the entire body before painting. Although I will be installing a brushless motor, my consideration for glassing is mainly to provide a better looking finish not to strengthen the airfame.

I have seen bits and peices of peoples thoughts on this - mostly in the "How far can you take it?" threads but it is very scattered. I was hoping that I could call on all you Stryker fans out there to give their opinions on the best way to finish this plane - and maybe describe some of your techniques.
Cincy E-Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Cincy E-Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:21 AM
I fly for Beer
Chilliwack, B.C. Canada
Joined Sep 2004
2,730 Posts
You could also cover it in solite.
J
Jagzilla is offline Find More Posts by Jagzilla