HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2006, 10:31 PM
Build...Crash...Build...
Williamsburg, Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
570 Posts
Help!
T6XAsuper DLG flap control via throttle stick (channel 3) help needed

I have a Spinner XT I have setup on my Futaba T6XAsuper radio. I want to control the flaps with the throttle stick.

Here is my setup so far.

Channel layout:

Elevator CH-2
Flaperon (right wing) CH-1
Flaperon (left wing) CH-6
Rudder CH-4

FLPR (Flaperon mixing) is ON
6->2 Flap->Elevator mixing is ON

Note: Flaps are controlled by the flap trim knob. Everything works as it should.

Here is what Ive tried.
PMX1 ON with CH-3 as the master and CH-6 as the slave. This works sort of!?!? When the throttle in moved only the flap on the left wing moves. The flap moves to about half throttle in one direction then moves the other way at full throttle.

Can this radio be setup to do what I want (full flaps when the throttle is fully extended)?
If so how?
slowracing is offline Find More Posts by slowracing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2006, 12:35 PM
Southwest Ohio USA
Joined Sep 2002
443 Posts
I don't think the 6XAS will do what you want.

The channel 3 on the PMIX works like a center-stick channel so you might have to mess with the subtrims and EPAs to make it sorta linear.

There is no "link" function on the 6XAS PMIX so you would need 2 PMIX's, one assigned to each flaperon, to make the ailerons act like flaps.

Since I believe there is only 2 PMIX's available that leaves you one short, even if you could work out the throttle non-linearity issue.

Sorry,

Buzz

On second thought maybe you can set PMIX1 ch3 to ch1 and PMIX2 ch3 to ch6 and fiddle with the sub trims and EPAs and work something out. I don't have a flaperon a/c set up at the moment or I would try.
Tfour2 is offline Find More Posts by Tfour2
Last edited by Tfour2; Jan 09, 2006 at 12:47 PM.