1,468 Posts
Video is working now.
Stephan
StephanB is online now Find More Posts by StephanB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2006, 03:33 AM
Joined Nov 2005
250 Posts
add some starwars music to the beginnings credits lol the planes flys nicely who was that with the chopper in the background.
Darkdevil_725 is offline Find More Posts by Darkdevil_725
Old Jan 06, 2006, 10:24 AM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2005
22 Posts
Detachable Wing Conversion Plane

Hi Stephan,
Yes, your video is working, flies gracefully well.
When you fix the motor to the front, do you cross over the Motor and reverse the propellor?
Thanks
Vifo is offline Find More Posts by Vifo
Old Jan 06, 2006, 10:34 AM
Joined Dec 2005
27 Posts
wot glue sud i use to stick my plane back together???
wrapperworm is offline Find More Posts by wrapperworm
Old Jan 06, 2006, 10:41 AM
Joined Dec 2005
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperworm
wot glue sud i use to stick my plane back together???
its got to be that 3m adhesive (77 or 68 ones bad not sure witch) that is mentioned in all the foam posts because its definaly not normal glue in there and it would be nice to alway be able to pry open your plane to fix things
troyboy162 is offline Find More Posts by troyboy162
Old Jan 06, 2006, 11:13 AM
Restricted User
Frankfurt-region, Germany
Joined Mar 2003
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vifo
Hi Stephan,
Yes, your video is working, flies gracefully well.
When you fix the motor to the front, do you cross over the Motor and reverse the propellor?
Thanks
Vifo,
you have to cross the cables and to turn around the prop.
cable: black to white and white to black, blue to red and red to blue for the other side. It is less noisy than a pusher with slots in the wing and i wanted a puller after all these pushers.
Thanks for nice comment on video.
Stephan
StephanB is online now Find More Posts by StephanB
Old Jan 07, 2006, 02:43 PM
Joined Dec 2005
27 Posts
heya,
whay ohms are the motors? i think there 10 i just need to be sure,
wrapperworm is offline Find More Posts by wrapperworm
Old Jan 07, 2006, 03:52 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperworm
heya,
whay ohms are the motors? i think there 10 i just need to be sure,
It's been posted that they are 5.3 ohm. Don't have a link to the exact post. It's back in part 1 somewhere.
Don
defranci is online now Find More Posts by defranci
Old Jan 07, 2006, 08:00 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,048 Posts
you can switch from a pusher to a puller without resoldering the wires. all you have to do is take the left and right props, flip them over, and put them on the other motor (left prop flipped over and put on right motor. right prop flipped over and put on left motor).

double sided tape can be used to put the plane back together. it'll allow you to take it back apart if you need to sometime down the road. and Don is right, the motors are 5.3ohm 6mm's. 6ohm-10ohm motors could be used for replacements.

nick
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Jan 07, 2006, 09:10 PM
Joined Apr 2005
239 Posts
so i just got an xufo and I was wondering how to control my aero ace with the tx. do I need to take the crystal out of the aero ace tx and put it in the ufo tx?
Hotflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hotflyer
Old Jan 07, 2006, 10:14 PM
Joined Apr 2005
239 Posts
while waiting for the ufo to charge, I did the Tx diode mod (jumping those two pads to P11) IT WORKED GREAT!!!! Waaaaay easier than doing the hardwire job. (no offence nitrocharged, both mods do the same thing, this one just uses the existing tx connections.) anyway, I am so pleased and impressed that there are so many smart people here sharing information about how to make good things better. Thanks a lot, all of you.
Hotflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hotflyer
Old Jan 08, 2006, 12:06 AM
Joined Jan 2006
15 Posts
broken wires

hi all. first post......only due to a problem.

i picked up my first rc plane and had a wonderful 20 flights or so before the wires on the right wing motor broke off. too many head ons with the trees and street caused the motor to start falling off. no big deal, i just reattach it and off it goes.

is it possible to solder the wires back on, or possible to open up the motor to reattach them somehow? i have zero modding, or electronics experience....so please keep that in mind.

the motor still works if i touch the broken wires together with the throttle on. please help if you can, if not...i have some parts for mods and i'll definatly pick another one of these fun little planes up.
lobopac is offline Find More Posts by lobopac
Old Jan 08, 2006, 12:07 AM
Joined Dec 2005
87 Posts
two questions about normal aeroace behavior
1. i though these planes kept flying when they ran out or range of the tx? this one just shuts off
2. when the battery is running low this one it just shuts off. is that normal?
troyboy162 is offline Find More Posts by troyboy162
Old Jan 08, 2006, 08:23 AM
Toronto Canada
Joined Dec 2002
5,457 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=94
Martyn McKinney is offline Find More Posts by Martyn McKinney
Old Jan 08, 2006, 08:24 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Apr 2004
711 Posts
Hotflyer,
There's no need to change the crystal of the xufo tx. But have to do some modifications. Here you can find the "how to":
http://home.versanet.de/~b-konze/xtw...ufo_mod_en.htm

Quax
quax is offline Find More Posts by quax
Closed Thread