HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 17, 2006, 04:05 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County
Joined Jan 2004
851 Posts
P-38 pics...

Some day i will sacrify a gram or two and paint it...

Magnus
MagnusEl is offline Find More Posts by MagnusEl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2006, 05:28 AM
Joined Nov 2005
250 Posts
nice plane how well does it fly.
Darkdevil_725 is offline Find More Posts by Darkdevil_725
Old Jan 17, 2006, 06:38 AM
England the Shires
Joined Mar 2003
214 Posts
Hi all

Been given a dead ? Aero Ace no wires to it and no idea where to put any !

Got power and aerial but now have a problem ?

Right hand side of PCB has 4 solder pads so connecting the motors like this:-

Motor 1 -
Motor 1 +
Motor 2 -
Motor 2 +

Motor 1 won't run at all and motor 2 runs all the time so have I just got the wires wrong ? or is it dead ?

Paul
stormbird is offline Find More Posts by stormbird
Old Jan 17, 2006, 07:20 AM
Joined Nov 2005
250 Posts
sounds like wrong wires look at the last version of this thread and theres a big pic of the electronics use that to connect the wires
Darkdevil_725 is offline Find More Posts by Darkdevil_725
Old Jan 17, 2006, 08:31 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County
Joined Jan 2004
851 Posts
Thanks Darkdevil....it flyes slow and nice, but bilding altitud whit lowest throttel...it`s just a matter of trimming it out...I have only flown it outside, but on saturday i`l fly indoor..
Old Jan 17, 2006, 08:42 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusEl
[IMG].............................
Some day i will sacrify a gram or two and paint it...
Magnus
Wow, it's ARLEADY gorgeous as it is.... (I guess I am using my imagination a lot), but it is nice.

Can you give a little detail? wingspan, separation of booms, distance between wing and elevator, and maybe wing chords tip and root??? also thinkness of "stuff" and what it is MADE of???

It is truly beautiful.

LarryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old Jan 17, 2006, 08:56 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County
Joined Jan 2004
851 Posts
Thanks LarryR.

Wingspan is 34 cm (just over 13"), built of 3mm Depron, sanded down to ca. 1,5 mm exept the wing, it`s 3mm and sanded on trailing and leading edge to form some kind of profile...

Separation of booms, and distans between wing/ elevator is like the 3 view.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=576653

Magnus
Old Jan 17, 2006, 04:15 PM
Joined Dec 2005
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusEl
Thanks LarryR.

Wingspan is 34 cm (just over 13"), built of 3mm Depron, sanded down to ca. 1,5 mm exept the wing, it`s 3mm and sanded on trailing and leading edge to form some kind of profile...

Separation of booms, and distans between wing/ elevator is like the 3 view.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=576653

Magnus
that thing looks great! its gonna be a bit before i can try but i hope to have one just like yours. the pics with the placment of your rx and battery are particuarly apreshiated.
troyboy162 is offline Find More Posts by troyboy162
Old Jan 17, 2006, 04:42 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,044 Posts
looks good, Magnus, i like the white. balsa brown is starting to get to me lately, the white looks a lot cleaner. i used to have the printed tissue graphic files of the P-38 that i got from Gordon, but i cant find the darn things. printed tissue should weigh less than a normal paintjob, and looks really good. i'll look around on my computer a bit more and see if i can find them.

nick
micro_builder is online now Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:04 PM
Chicago O, Illinois, United States
Joined Jan 2003
1,450 Posts
I've been trying to get through these threads, but I've been a bit busy lately. Anywho, I just went out to TARGET in ROSEMONT, IL (hint, hint, wink, wink) and picked up an AA. 4 left on the shelf. I did a durability test in the basement, and it is 100% positive! I was unable to break the sucker! I knew EPP foam was good on flying wings, but on this slower aircraft, I can chuck it with all my might and barely touch a thing! Anyway, the reason I'm posting is asking if there are any really great or even "necessary mods" to do to the stock AA?

Sponge
Spongebob is offline Find More Posts by Spongebob
Last edited by Spongebob; Jan 17, 2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:13 PM
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!
Knoxville Tyson, Tennesse, United States
Joined Feb 2004
564 Posts
Hey Spongebob! You can do lots of mods to it, but just go out and have a blast with it as is! You can add mods later but it is awesome just the way it came out of the box.
Ron
ronmar1 is offline Find More Posts by ronmar1
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:24 PM
Chicago O, Illinois, United States
Joined Jan 2003
1,450 Posts
OK, thanks. I'm kinda busy until Friday (finals) so I won't be doing much flying until then. Plus the weather has been crummy. It sure seems like fun in my basement, though.

Sponge
Spongebob is offline Find More Posts by Spongebob
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:30 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
mIne is still in the box, but...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
OK, thanks. I'm kinda busy until Friday (finals) so I won't be doing much flying until then. Plus the weather has been crummy. It sure seems like fun in my basement, though.
Sponge
Do you mean that you ARE flying in the basement? or that you WANT to???? you mean it DOES fly in the basement??? how wide is it???? 20 ft or more????

Inquiring minds need to know.

thx,
LarryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:46 PM
Joplin, Mo.
Joined Feb 2004
1,062 Posts
i decided the only way i would ever break mine would be to step on it. it is so light it just bounces off things. my front room isn't nearly big enough to fly in but i do anyway. so far the only problem has been my two 80 pound dogs wiping out everything in their way trying to get away from the plane. they wouldn't think twice about attacking a mountain lion but want no part of the tiny plane.
tom63 is offline Find More Posts by tom63
Old Jan 18, 2006, 01:29 AM
No cash=time for ideas!
Boeing Field, Seattle
Joined Mar 2003
316 Posts
Places my Aero Ace has come to rest : Two Trees, On top of a Shed, a puddle, every wall of my living room, the pavement outside, on top of a car, into a car, into a basketball hoop, and the side of my house...

Gotta love EPP
Fall_Ryan is offline Find More Posts by Fall_Ryan
Closed Thread