Belgium, Londerzeel
Joined Nov 2005
82 Posts
Yesterday i modded my TX:
*) Spring mod
*) Channel mod
*) Steering mod

But i have some questions about the last one:
1) Is it normal that the motors go real hard while only steering?
2) I did the 2 diode mod, but there is also a 4 diode mod... What is the difference?

Thx a lot

sjekke
nitrostar is offline Find More Posts by nitrostar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2006, 02:37 AM
Hong Kong
Joined May 2006
378 Posts
1. The motors go hard all the time. When you steer 1 motor goes harder than the other. It goes real hard at throttle 6.

2. With 2 diode mod, the turning steps are 1,1,2,2,7,6,6,7. With 4 diodes, 1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7. It means with 2 diodes, when your throttle is at 3 and you engage steer, the motor spin as if throttle is at 2. But you really won't notice the difference in flight.
bronney is offline Find More Posts by bronney
Old Jun 29, 2006, 06:18 AM
London, UK
Joined Apr 2006
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaByte-2
Jetlag;
Look at my post #1486.
It seems the Europe(UK) common replacement is the Vishay 4425.
If you can order from Farnell's Its a IRLML6401 or an FP340 P channel Mosfet.
You'll need a 1K+ resistor across the gate & source. See the pic.
If not used, the motors will run all the time. Send a thanks to Martyn.

Tony
Thanks for that. Tony and , also to Martyn. I did see the post with the picture of the receiver board but never looked close enough. I found a company listing 2sb624, if they can still get it that is. :- www.dalbani.co.uk
Jetlag is offline Find More Posts by Jetlag
Old Jun 29, 2006, 06:43 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1,353 Posts
I know it was posted somewhere a while back, but does anyone have the diagram for Tx tuning? Either I have a bad Tx that keeps shutting off after a short flight, or the tuning is way off. I know its not the Rx, because I've tried it with two different ones and a known "good" Tx and same issue does not exist (Rx goes into cutoff). Thanks
RacerX208 is offline Find More Posts by RacerX208
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:38 AM
The smaller the better...
Area 51 - Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
889 Posts
Jetlag;
If you're going to replace one, I suggest doing both with the Mosfets listed.
The 2sb624 isa direct replacement transistor(BV4 or BV5). They seem to have a fairly high failure rate. The mosfets can handle 4.3A each. So any motor you throw at them, they can take a lot more. They are only .58 ea from Farnell's or digikey.com.

Tony
MegaByte-2 is offline Find More Posts by MegaByte-2
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:01 PM
Area 51 - Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
889 Posts
Martyn;

You didnt label the N Fets in the 1/2 act schematic you posted.
I added what I think they should be. Would you mind looking at the pic and see if I got them right?
Thanks for the add on. Efficient and simple as always.

Thanks

Tony

EDIT! FET labeled incorrectly. Use the schematc in the next post by Martyn
Last edited by MegaByte-2; Jun 29, 2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 02:29 PM
Toronto Canada
Joined Dec 2002
5,367 Posts
The labels on the FETs should appear as below:
Martyn McKinney is offline Find More Posts by Martyn McKinney
Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:59 PM
Area 51 - Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
889 Posts
Martyn;
Thanks for the correction. Its been to long since I did circuitry design.

Appreciated as always,

Tony
Old Jun 30, 2006, 06:21 AM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
Beside lots of fruitful electronics discussion and progress - has anyone a promissing new adaption of a plane on the bench or in its brain (just curious - just asking ).

Bya
relaxr is offline Find More Posts by relaxr
Old Jun 30, 2006, 08:28 AM
Belgium, Londerzeel
Joined Nov 2005
82 Posts
Drawing AAjet

I just made a drawing of the AAjet!

Maybe someone will built this one...

I'm gone ask in the AAjet-thread to place the position of RX and lipo on thez drawing

grtz

sjekke
nitrostar is offline Find More Posts by nitrostar
Old Jun 30, 2006, 09:25 AM
Area 51 - Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
889 Posts
relaxr;

I've been looking for a better candidate for the actuator project. Been considering this one scaled to 10".
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Im...ger_3-view.png

nitrostar;
Thanks for the AA jet drawing. Nice job.

To All;
I need to order some better than stock AA pager motors. Block had a very nice listing a few pages ago. Does anyone know of a vendor with cheaper price? If not, I need to place an order. Any input appreciated.

Tony
Old Jun 30, 2006, 09:33 AM
My backpack's got jets...
Omaha, NE
Joined Aug 2005
613 Posts
Here, I redrew the fins and main piece to look like the actual pieces themselves, this goes for the bottom part as well, (I looked at the bottom for ya, and therefore thought I'd just draw the piece itself, and so as not to cause confusion w/ your plans, I felt the need to redraw the rest of the outlined parts,) just in case... keep in mind that the bottom part sticks about 1/2 inch out from the jet (protruding downwards of course) allowing for a decent place to hold it while givin' 'er a toss........
OH, & my drawing isn't to scale or anything, so I don't know if you printed it out, if the fins/etc.. would fit correctly in place.

-hope this helps!

-(v)att-
Corbin_Dallas is offline Find More Posts by Corbin_Dallas
Old Jun 30, 2006, 02:52 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
10,975 Posts
I've been picking up AA's and some other planes I don't know much about on ebay. I have some special software that searches for misspelled titles and listings and I am buying most of these for ONE dollar. I love this software. I got the Air Hogs F-16 jet, and another jet I am not familiar with. Does anyone have any experience on the F-16?
I guess I'll have to see on my own when the other jet arrives. Heck at a dollar a shot, who cares if it flies! I can always use or sell the innards.

Anybody know anything about the F-16?
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Jun 30, 2006, 03:03 PM
My backpack's got jets...
Omaha, NE
Joined Aug 2005
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I've been picking up AA's and some other planes I don't know much about on ebay. I have some special software that searches for misspelled titles and listings and I am buying most of these for ONE dollar. I love this software. I got the Air Hogs F-16 jet, and another jet I am not familiar with. Does anyone have any experience on the F-16?
I guess I'll have to see on my own when the other jet arrives. Heck at a dollar a shot, who cares if it flies! I can always use or sell the innards.

Anybody know anything about the F-16?
yeah, I almost agree w/ ya on the $1 thing, but in all actuality, it's always more than that, usually w/ rc planes, it starts at about $15 S&H so you end up paying around $17-$20 for the $1 win.
Corbin_Dallas is offline Find More Posts by Corbin_Dallas
Old Jun 30, 2006, 03:41 PM
Joined Apr 2004
1,353 Posts
Hi Buzz,

Yeah, the F-16 uses an NIMH battery instead of a LIPO, and doesn't have very good flight characteristics out of the box. Uses single stick control, not proportional. But in the "El Cheapo" thread, there is a guy who modified his F-16 by removing the guts and using a Berg Rx with a brushless setup. Supposed to fly great!
RacerX208 is offline Find More Posts by RacerX208
Closed Thread