HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2006, 12:22 PM
No mam, I'm go'n!
Wellington, NewZealand
Joined Jun 2004
198 Posts
Question
Profile for single wing

Hi! Instead of trashing my crunchies learning to DS, or even finding out if local backsides are DS'able at all, I'm thinking of whipping out the silverwired bow, and cut myself a couple of blue-core (sheeted or bagged) wings. I'm thinking of making a lost mold gulp-style fuse.
I figured that it's easier to learn when you're learning together, so fabricating a couple of wings, so that my much younger flying buddies who can't afford crunching crunchies (like my self really ) can practise, and share the good, bad and the ugly. If it turns out our local dikes and hills are not DS'able, I see myself forced to move from a country below sealevel, to where-ever I get invited
Back to bussiness>>
I found a bunch of profiles which might work for a tail-less slopey. Could anyone tell me which is gonna work, and which don't please:

Thank you, and Happy Newyear!
robNL
robert zeeland is offline Find More Posts by robert zeeland
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2006, 12:27 PM
No mam, I'm go'n!
Wellington, NewZealand
Joined Jun 2004
198 Posts
Here's a basic idea of what I'm leaning over at>>
Old Jan 04, 2006, 12:41 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Aachen, very western Germany
Joined Dec 2004
1,391 Posts
Don't use the phoenix for that purpose, it's rather made for thermalling, just like the HS3,0/9,0b .
The other listed airfoils may be suitable, but that strongly depends on what kind of wing you have in mind. Wingspan, aspect ratio, sweep angle, and supposed/aimed weight or wing loading would be the most important things to decide, before an Airfoil can be reasonably chosen.

biber
biber is offline Find More Posts by biber
Old Jan 04, 2006, 12:51 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Joined Dec 2004
1,391 Posts
Oh, I'm not quick enough .
So, if you are aiming on a small but fast plank wing, some of the PW airfoils from Peter Wick seem to be quite fitting. At least they are frequently used over the last few years.

Just read that the Phoenix should be not that bad for highspeed at all, that makes me wonder how that could be...

biber
Last edited by biber; Jan 04, 2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2006, 01:26 PM
No mam, I'm go'n!
Wellington, NewZealand
Joined Jun 2004
198 Posts
Thanks for ur reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by biber
The other listed airfoils may be suitable, but that strongly depends on what kind of wing you have in mind. Wingspan, aspect ratio, sweep angle, and supposed/aimed weight or wing loading would be the most important things to decide, before an Airfoil can be reasonably chosen. biber
Please see post #2.
Old Jan 04, 2006, 01:56 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Joined Dec 2004
1,391 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=pw75

biber