HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:15 PM
MX
Embedded Systems Engineer
Grass Valley, CA
Joined Sep 2001
3,732 Posts
I had the same problem. Clicked on the insider email last night and was taken to a page showing the hellcat for $129.

MX
MX is offline Find More Posts by MX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2006, 05:01 PM
Joined Feb 2004
13 Posts
CRASH
One Item, One Day ONLY!
What is CRASH?
CRASH is a one item, one day only sale. It includes deeply discounted merchandise, new products offered first on the CRASH page, and special promotions. It does not mean we are selling crashed airplanes or damaged products.
When does CRASH occur?
Look for a new CRASH item each Wednesday. (If you are a HL Insider we will generally send you an email prior to the big day, sometimes with the CRASH item available for pre order, sometimes with just a hint; but always with a fresh dose of cool stuff.) It is important to act fast. Once the CRASH item sells out, the link to purchase it will be removed. Web orders are time-stamped. We will post the time the promotion ended. If your web order for the CRASH item is placed after this time, we will contact you and let you know the order cannot be filled. A new CRASH item will not appear again until the following Wednesday, so ACT FAST. Do not hold a CRASH item in your shopping cart. You will lose the CRASH sale price. The sale may last 10 minutes or 10 hours.
Why sell only one CRASH item per day?
To feature a single item or to have a special promotion for our customers. Go to www.hobby-lobby.com for everything else. Quantities are limited.
The CRASH promo is over, can I still get one?
Probably, but not at the CRASH price. Once we sell the pre-determined number or sell out of the product, the price will change to our regular retail price. Once the pre-determined number of a CRASH item is hit, the promotion is over. We may or may not put the same item on the CRASH page in the future. The CRASH price is not retro active.
Will Hobby Lobby still have other sales?
Yes, in our Bargain Hangar, just like always. But the CRASH item is a specially featured item with a deeper than normal discount.

NEW & SALE items, SPECIAL OFFERS - Insider's get it first!
http://echo.bluehornet.com/phase2/su...?CID=rabcrf%20

Dan
HL
DWensell is offline Find More Posts by DWensell
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:33 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,137 Posts

Dan, it looks like you just cut and pasted the "explanation" from the HL website. How about answering my questions? Is this a game or something?

Neil
Neil Morse is online now Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:07 PM
Nashville TN
Joined Mar 2002
174 Posts
Neil and other interested Ezoners,
First let me say this concept/idea of having a promotion like CRASH is new. We are going to have to work out a few minor kinks, but over all I think people are having a positive experience.

During our first CRASH type sale people said they felt left out, as they could not participate for one reason or another because the sale was for a very limited time. This week we thought we would send an email to people giving them a chance for a few hours Tuesday night to order the plane. I could not ask my staff to stay up all night monitoring this, so at about 11:00pm CST the sale was put on hold until about 9:00am CST this morning. Dan went into the office from 9-11pm last night, and Kevin, my web master worked from home. I went to bed knowing these guys had everything under control.

The primary plan as it stands right now is to have a single item going on a sale for just a few hours each Wednesday. We may however change this up sending emails to those that are signed up for HL's insider, giving them advance warning, or giving these customers an ability to purchase the sale item first.

Had you clicked on the Hell Cat email link you should have seen the price, and should have seen that the item could be ordered, at least until 11:00pm CST. After that you would have seen a note on our web page letting you know the sale would resume Wednesday morning.

I hope this helps,

Eric
HL
eric.metzler@hobby-lobby.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Morse
Dan, Jason, and Eric:

Could you guys take another stab at explaining how this "crash sale" thing works? I don't know about anybody else, but I am thoroughly confused. I registered for email notification, but I got an email on Tuesday that showed the Hellcat as a "crash" item, but had no information about the price. I was also confused because I thought the sales were supposed to be on Wednesdays. Can you explain again how this works. When is the item announced, when is the price announced, and when do we have to order it to get the sale price? Thanks.

Neil

PS: Apparently, I was not alone in my confusion. See:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463517
emetzler is offline Find More Posts by emetzler
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:00 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
love the concept and the sale.
Keep it up HL
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:38 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emetzler

During our first CRASH type sale people said they felt left out, as they could not participate for one reason or another because the sale was for a very limited time.

As one of those who felt that way I am thrilled that you guys came to RCGroups and listened and reacted so quickly, awesome customer service. I got my email last night, clicked on the link, went there and bought right away! Thanks for being flexible with us. I am impressed that guys would work at the office at those late hours. How many people here would be willing to come home then go back to work for an extra few hours to monitor orders like this! Hats off to Hobby Lobby! I cant wait until next week! It is like having the T-giving sale each week!

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:49 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emetzler
Had you clicked on the Hell Cat email link you should have seen the price, and should have seen that the item could be ordered, at least until 11:00pm CST. After that you would have seen a note on our web page letting you know the sale would resume Wednesday morning.
I guess the operative words here are "should have seen." When I, and others, clicked on the link we saw the Hellcat for $129.00. Hence our confusion. I gather you are saying, in a roundabout way, that it might not have worked the way it was supposed to. Thanks for addressing the questions and the issues, and thanks for offering these good prices.

Neil
Old Jan 12, 2006, 06:20 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,379 Posts
Hmm I'll need to make sure I am signed up as I got the e-mail about the first sale but did not recieve an e-mail about this one. I was however lucky that I was alerted to it by a fellow RCgrouper and was able to pick one up.

I also appreciate that you Hobby Lobby guys hang out here and take our input and act on it very quickly.

I also find it interesting that I keep buying things at these sales and have only been able to finish one of the many things I have bought from Hobby Lobby.

Anyway Great Sale, keep em comming.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:09 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined Dec 2004
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytorino
I got outsmarted it seems! I ordered 2 last night on different credit cards and shipping addys as I thought you could only purchase 1 plane at the crash sale. Today it says you can order up to 5??

Drats! Foiled again!

Tommy D
Nice Tommy, trying to take advantage of their good will, are ya?

OK, jokes aside, how about a little email reminder to check in on the sales on Wednesdays. What with work and all, sometimes these things slip by me which, for my wallet's sake, may actually be a good thing!
don_craig is offline Find More Posts by don_craig
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:28 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_craig
Nice Tommy, trying to take advantage of their good will, are ya?
Keep it up Don and your going to end up as -8!!!

Hey I'm from NY I can't help it!

Seriously I tried to buy 5 kits the first night, but had it in my mind after the trouble on the site that you could only order 1 per day. Insted of the 1 ITEM for sale per day.

About to start the Formosa II, we got to get some flying in soon pal!

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Jan 12, 2006, 09:52 PM
Groundloop World Champion
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
Hi Eric,

I thank HL for the CRASH Sale though I haven't purchased as yet. I'm sorry to see that there's always someone that will complain even if you gave them a solid gold watch free they'd complain that the crystal was cracked... go figure.

It was either Brent or Bart Maverick who said " you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time; but you can't fool all the people all the time." Now just change the word "fool" in the above phrase to "please" and it will describe what it's like providing customer service.

Old_dude

p.s. Who's Brent or Bart Maverick ????
old_dude is offline Find More Posts by old_dude
Old Jan 17, 2006, 05:14 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,137 Posts
Okay, here we go again. I just got my email notifying me of this week's crash sale. At the risk of being accused of complaining about a cracked crystal, I have another question -- really the same question I was trying to get an answer to last week. Where in this email is the info about what the "crash" item is? When I click on the link, all I see is a message that says "Look for another CRASH item on Wed., Jan. 18th!" Is this just me? (don't answer that)! I can't help it. I feel as though other people must be getting a different email. Seems like last week a bunch of people got emails that enabled them to click on a "secret link" and buy the Hellcat for 39 bucks on Tuesday, right? I'm on the list. Why don't I get one? My crystal is way cracked, Old Dude. Help me out!

Neil
Old Jan 17, 2006, 05:17 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
LoL Neil Just got the same E-Mail. Clicking on "Crash sale" led me to a page that basically said come back tomorrow.

Last week the link took me to the hellcat.

So I guess I'm seeing what you are seeing.

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Jan 17, 2006, 05:25 PM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Sylmar, CA
Joined Jan 2004
1,538 Posts
I think I saw a post were they were just going to remind people of the crash sale from now on to be sure to still have items on Wednesday mornings.
Solcat is offline Find More Posts by Solcat
Old Jan 17, 2006, 05:29 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,368 Posts
Come on guys, just check the site before you go to work in the morning.....This is a good thing for us and very smart marketing on HL's part. I for one have found a great on line hobby store and will continue to shop at HL.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods