DWensell is offline Find More Posts by DWensell
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2006, 02:27 PM
I'll try anything once!
Huron, South Dakota
Joined Jan 2004
1,088 Posts
Great! Thank you for the information.
Jason, how hard will it be to turn this plane into a glow plane? Don't get me wrong, I love all of my electrics, and I realize that HL advertises it as an electric. But I already have the receiver, servos and a .61 engine for the plane. So, I want to go the glow route, for cost reasons. I really don't want to shell out another 500 bucks to make it electric, when I have all the glow parts already. Any advice would be appreciated.
thacherd is offline Find More Posts by thacherd
Old Jan 04, 2006, 03:44 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thacherd
Great! Thank you for the information.
Jason, how hard will it be to turn this plane into a glow plane? Don't get me wrong, I love all of my electrics, and I realize that HL advertises it as an electric. But I already have the receiver, servos and a .61 engine for the plane. So, I want to go the glow route, for cost reasons. I really don't want to shell out another 500 bucks to make it electric, when I have all the glow parts already. Any advice would be appreciated.

The Senior Telemaster ARF will not fly with a Glow Engine on it. It told me just yesterday that it doesn't like all the noise from those engines and that they leak goo all over it's pretty covering

Ok, just kidding. The plane is actually built for glow and has engine mounting rails pre-installed in the nose designed to fit a ~.60 size engine. The conversion to Electric is super simple. All you do is cut back the rails by about an inch or so to give room for the Axi to fit in there. I think you'll like the new hatch on the nose as well. It will give easy access to batteries for E-versions and to the fuel tank for glow-versions. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Advertising & PR Director
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Jan 04, 2006, 04:06 PM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,739 Posts
HOLY BLEEP!! Where can you get a girl for that price??

shoot. With my luck, next wednesday it'll be brokeback cowboys....

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Jan 04, 2006, 04:37 PM
I'll try anything once!
Huron, South Dakota
Joined Jan 2004
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone
The Senior Telemaster ARF will not fly with a Glow Engine on it. It told me just yesterday that it doesn't like all the noise from those engines and that they leak goo all over it's pretty covering

Ok, just kidding. The plane is actually built for glow and has engine mounting rails pre-installed in the nose designed to fit a ~.60 size engine. The conversion to Electric is super simple. All you do is cut back the rails by about an inch or so to give room for the Axi to fit in there. I think you'll like the new hatch on the nose as well. It will give easy access to batteries for E-versions and to the fuel tank for glow-versions. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Advertising & PR Director
I was just waiting for the "Goo" Joke! Ha! Honestly, I am an electric flyer... Started on electrics, and still continue to fly electrics. The old timers at my club are amazed by my electrics. Things they say will never fly well, fly great and even lug both still and video cameras into the sky at the same time. (You Have got to love lipos!) They are even starting to buy a few themsleves. It's the cost factor. I have been looking at the Senior Telemaster in both kit and ARF form for a couple of years now, and I am excited to finally get one. But, I need to slime it up a bit until the electric costs come down, or I inherit some money...
Old Jan 05, 2006, 08:09 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,462 Posts
Quote:
I was just waiting for the "Goo" Joke! Ha! Honestly, I am an electric flyer... Started on electrics, and still continue to fly electrics. The old timers at my club are amazed by my electrics. Things they say will never fly well, fly great and even lug both still and video cameras into the sky at the same time. (You Have got to love lipos!) They are even starting to buy a few themsleves. It's the cost factor. I have been looking at the Senior Telemaster in both kit and ARF form for a couple of years now, and I am excited to finally get one. But, I need to slime it up a bit until the electric costs come down, or I inherit some money...
You'll be able to carry some pretty serious loads with the Senior Tele. ARF. Just remember to use the supplied wing struts to help distribute the load. Have fun with and don't forget you can always convert it to electric in the future.

Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Jan 05, 2006, 01:46 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,370 Posts
Also remember to shop around and check every good vendor monthly to look at the cost again. If your a current electric guy then your 50% there. All up including charger I'm just over 500 bucks to get mine in the air.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Jan 05, 2006, 03:54 PM
I'll try anything once!
Huron, South Dakota
Joined Jan 2004
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Also remember to shop around and check every good vendor monthly to look at the cost again. If your a current electric guy then your 50% there. All up including charger I'm just over 500 bucks to get mine in the air.
Yeah, I'm pretty close. But, I am closer with the glow components. Funny thing about my electrics. Most of them, especially the Lipo-Brushless ones are intact. So I keep buying components for each them. Right now I have a working Scorpio Super Miss, Scorpio ThreeDee, Bohemia Grumbler, Pilatus Turbo Porter (can you tell I like it when HL has a sale!) Scorpio Dornier Twin, Clancy Lazy Bee, Great Planes Spectra Glider, Great Planes Matt Chapman Flat Out, Parkzone J-3 cub modified with a brushless setup, Hobbico Super Star EP modified with Kyosho Endoplasma 19 turn Brushed motor, and lipos, Flying Styro BumbleBee Twin, Clancy Yard Bee, Wingo, Multiplex EasyStar, My son's Hobbyzone Firebird commander and Aerobird Challenger. On the Work bench is a Wattage 400 Cub that I want to repair from a crash with a brushless/lipo combo, an Aventura II Floatplane, 2 Mini Telemasters (first one is turning out rough, need to try again... but I will still fly the first!) a HL Yak Foamy, Clancy Stagger Bee that I plan on going brushless with, a Dynaflite Piece o'Cake that will be brushless, a Habicht Glider, and so on. I also have several glow planes: a Tower Kaos, Great Planes Slow Poke, Global AeroPhibian, SIG Kadet LT-40, and I am working on a Balsa USA Stingray 1.20 kit and and ACE model Simple Ultimate kit.
As you can tell, most of my planes are electric... I guess that is why I'm thinking of Glow for the Senior Telemaster. Need to change it up from time to time... and yes, I am a bit obsessed with this hobby. I replaced smoking with flying and building. (just got to do something with my hands) Now that I listed my planes, (I'm sure I missed a few) I am a little freaked out by the number of planes that I have in my hangar. Oh well, guess you can never have too many.
Looking forward to next week's sale. Can you give us a hint as to what type of product it will be???
Old Jan 05, 2006, 04:12 PM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Sylmar, CA
Joined Jan 2004
1,538 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty close. But, I am closer with the glow components. Funny thing about my electrics. Most of them, especially the Lipo-Brushless ones are intact. So I keep buying components for each them. Right now I have a working Scorpio Super Miss, Scorpio ThreeDee, Bohemia Grumbler, Pilatus Turbo Porter (can you tell I like it when HL has a sale!) Scorpio Dornier Twin, Clancy Lazy Bee, Great Planes Spectra Glider, Great Planes Matt Chapman Flat Out, Parkzone J-3 cub modified with a brushless setup, Hobbico Super Star EP modified with Kyosho Endoplasma 19 turn Brushed motor, and lipos, Flying Styro BumbleBee Twin, Clancy Yard Bee, Wingo, Multiplex EasyStar, My son's Hobbyzone Firebird commander and Aerobird Challenger. On the Work bench is a Wattage 400 Cub that I want to repair from a crash with a brushless/lipo combo, an Aventura II Floatplane, 2 Mini Telemasters (first one is turning out rough, need to try again... but I will still fly the first!) a HL Yak Foamy, Clancy Stagger Bee that I plan on going brushless with, a Dynaflite Piece o'Cake that will be brushless, a Habicht Glider, and so on. I also have several glow planes: a Tower Kaos, Great Planes Slow Poke, Global AeroPhibian, SIG Kadet LT-40, and I am working on a Balsa USA Stingray 1.20 kit and and ACE model Simple Ultimate kit.
As you can tell, most of my planes are electric... I guess that is why I'm thinking of Glow for the Senior Telemaster. Need to change it up from time to time... and yes, I am a bit obsessed with this hobby. I replaced smoking with flying and building. (just got to do something with my hands) Now that I listed my planes, (I'm sure I missed a few) I am a little freaked out by the number of planes that I have in my hangar. Oh well, guess you can never have too many.
Looking forward to next week's sale. Can you give us a hint as to what type of product it will be???
Wow, good thing you were able to get a Telemaster, you have hardly anything to fly!
Solcat is offline Find More Posts by Solcat
Old Jan 05, 2006, 04:26 PM
I'll try anything once!
Huron, South Dakota
Joined Jan 2004
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcat
Wow, good thing you were able to get a Telemaster, you have hardly anything to fly!
Yeah, I think I can afford to crash a few. I must say that I have picked up most of them on sale, clearance, with gift certificates, or as gifts. And some of them were impulse buys. I think I am fortunate, I haven't really crashed a whole lot over the last couple of years, and the planes just keep accumulating. I told my wife that the plane fairies keep stoping by the house, and they leave me gifts. Just haven't figured out where I am going to store the 94 inch Telemaster and an 81 inch Stingray??
Also, if you saw the wide open spaces that we have to fly in in South Dakota... well enough said. Check out the attached aerial photo.
Last edited by thacherd; Jan 05, 2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2006, 04:28 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,462 Posts
Quote:
We'll have to wait and see. It will be back up at 10:00 am next Wed.

Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Jan 09, 2006, 04:42 PM
Who put that TREE there!!
Columbia, MO
Joined Dec 2005
622 Posts
Dan,

Any chance of letting us know the night before on the forums here, so those of us without access to the site can make preperations for somebody else to do it for us??

just a thought....
JawaSnack is offline Find More Posts by JawaSnack
Old Jan 10, 2006, 05:08 PM
Joined Feb 2004
13 Posts
Sign up for the Hobby-Lobby Insider and you will get a chance to pre-order the CRASH Sale item before it becomes available to the public.

http://echo.bluehornet.com/phase2/su...?CID=rabcrf%20

Thank you,
Dan
Hobby Lobby
Daily Operations Manager
615-373-1444 ext 213
dan.wensell@hobby-lobby.com
DWensell is offline Find More Posts by DWensell
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:16 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Dan the Man!! What a great item for this sale!! Can't thank you enough!

Tommy D
Tommy D is online now Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:04 PM
Joined Nov 2005
201 Posts
STREETRAT is offline Find More Posts by STREETRAT
Last edited by STREETRAT; Jan 11, 2006 at 10:19 AM.